FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Will United match AA's extension thru 30 June 2012 of its Double EQM promo? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1324104-will-united-match-aas-extension-thru-30-june-2012-its-double-eqm-promo.html)

Brichter24 Mar 12, 2012 2:38 pm

Will United match AA's extension thru 30 June 2012 of its Double EQM promo?

Surprised I hadn't seen anything written up on this on the forum yet.

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US

American Airlines is extending their double EQM promotion, again for those who live in California, Illinois and Texas.

Any speculation on whether United will bring back the Double EQM promotion?

jasonvr Mar 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Brichter24 (Post 18186437)
Surprised I hadn't seen anything written up on this on the forum yet.

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US

American Airlines is extending their double EQM promotion, again for those who live in California, Illinois and Texas.

Any speculation on whether United will bring back the Double EQM promotion?

Ah ha! Now that this thread is fixed (thanks iluv2fly!), I have the exact same question.

AA added SNA-ORD to the list of eligible routes. Only UA and AA fly that route, so it would seem to be a direct attack on UA. IIRC the previous promos were in reaction to VX entering the market.

dolcean Mar 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Has anybody received any of the double miles from the last promo. I received them for the 1st round but not the second. Given current issues a bit concerned they may not even honor the 2nd round. Since cummulative eqm are used in upgrade tie breakers, they should have loaded them by now?

WineCountryUA Mar 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by dolcean (Post 18227270)
...Since cummulative eqm are used in upgrade tie breakers, ....

not true, has never been true (regardless of what some agents might state)

redwoman Mar 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by dolcean (Post 18227270)
Has anybody received any of the double miles from the last promo. I received them for the 1st round but not the second. Given current issues a bit concerned they may not even honor the 2nd round. Since cummulative eqm are used in upgrade tie breakers, they should have loaded them by now?

I assume that you're speaking of the DEQM for CA & IL residents for routes between SAN, SFO or LAX and ORD, that I believe ran Nov 2011-Jan 2012?

If so, yes, I received my DEQM and luckily, they posted well before 3/3. Upon cutover, the bonus PQMs posted in stages. The bonus segments and bonus RDMs from that promotion posted immediately, then about a week later the bonus PQMs showed up. I had my last flight from that completed 1/27. I guess I was lucky.

tomj888 Mar 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Flew it but didn't get it

Have flown DEQMs but in this case the fine print had fare classes that I didn't know about. Did the bis part but did not get the bonus. Called mileage plus and they told me about fine print. My bad for not reading fine ultra fine print. Never had those worries on previous MR trips

Baze Mar 18, 2012 10:24 pm

People are complaining about how many elites there are yet they want double PQM's to make it easier to get elite status so there will be even more elites? Makes no sense to me. If it is easier for you to get status due to these promotions then it is easier for everyone to get status with these promotions. I don't think there should be any promotions for PQM's. Only extra's would be class of service bonus EQM's because you are actually flying and should get more if you pay more.

TA Mar 18, 2012 10:24 pm

Given the seemingly massive discontent about devaluation of benefits under the new system, and you still want to have DEQM?

unhappyflyer Mar 18, 2012 11:01 pm

I do know that miles flown in a period was a tie breaker on PMUA, but probably not since conversion.

ryman554 Mar 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by unhappyflyer (Post 18227520)
I do know that miles flown in a period was a tie breaker on PMUA, but probably not since conversion.

Not for a long while, it wasn't.

Status. Fare. Time on waitlist. That's it, all spelled out nicely on the PMUA site, for as long as I've been racking up miles (5+ years).

Even MM's didn't have any bonus.

WineCountryUA Mar 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Welcome to FT!,unhappyflyer

Originally Posted by unhappyflyer (Post 18227520)

while many agents seem to believe this for PMUA, it was not what PMUA claimed and has been debunked multiple time in FT threads.

gaobest Mar 18, 2012 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by redwoman (Post 18227306)
I assume that you're speaking of the DEQM for CA & IL residents for routes between SAN, SFO or LAX and ORD, that I believe ran Nov 2011-Jan 2012?

If so, yes, I received my DEQM and luckily, they posted well before 3/3. Upon cutover, the bonus PQMs posted in stages. The bonus segments and bonus RDMs from that promotion posted immediately, then about a week later the bonus PQMs showed up. I had my last flight from that completed 1/27. I guess I was lucky.

Ditto - the SFO-ORD is 1846 each way for 1/25-1/30 trip, and my MP history indicates 1846 as PQM each way plus Double EQM of 1846, separate from the Premier Bonus (of 1846, pre 3/3). 3 separate "line items" for each segment.