Search

*A reward travel change to get on A380?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/ 1MM, SPG Plat
*A reward travel change to get on A380?

Hi All,

Redeemed UA miles for O-class (reward first) on LH in the next couple weeks FRA-MUC-SFO (MUC-SFO is in O). I'm just wondering if anyone has had experience at the FCT/FCL changing a *A award. Essentially, I'd like to change to FRA-SFO operated by LH (on the A380!) and am just wondering whether the LH first class lounge people would be able to do that---even for a change fee. The timing works out such that I'd be at the FCL/FCT for about 3 hours prior to leaving for MUC, so I'd have the opportunity to ask and try and move to the non-stop flight. I'm assuming they'll just so "NO" but curious if anyone has had experience with this.
I obviously can't call UA to change this since this flight is *net blocked, so just wondering if anyone has had any experience/luck with the LH first class agents in the FCL/FCT.
(Also- just for comments sake, I know there is a UA operated non-stop that is an option from FRA-SFO- I'm not interested).

Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uapremier
Hi All,

Redeemed UA miles for O-class (reward first) on LH in the next couple weeks FRA-MUC-SFO (MUC-SFO is in O)....
If your ticket is issued by UA (016), only UA can change it except for irregular operations. You, or LH staff, needs to call UA to change it. You can pray for LH to cancel your FRA-MUC or MUC-SFO flight.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 1:41 pm

LH A380 F

I was originally booked on a LH 747 but was lucky to have retained the F seat when they changed the SFO-FRA route to an A380 last summer. It was an amazing flight on row 1 of an A380.

While at FRA LH F lounge I was trying to make a much smaller adjustment to go from economy to biz on a 1 hour LH continuation to Geneva and the answer was they could not change the award ticket (same situation, UAL award ticket).

So my guess is your answer will be no, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

If you get the remodeled 747 LH F, you may actually find it an even better experience with two seats per passenger (one being a permanent bed), however if you get the old style 747 F then it still is a comfortable flight but not at the same level.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by TerryK
If your ticket is issued by UA (016), only UA can change it except for irregular operations. You, or LH staff, needs to call UA to change it. You can pray for LH to cancel your FRA-MUC or MUC-SFO flight.
Agree. The line that issues the ticket (i.e. one where you had themiles come out from), is the one you have to go to.

Also LH personnel do stick to the letter of the law..
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/ 1MM, SPG Plat
Thanks everyone for quick replies. Sounds like I'll be praying for a MUC-FRA cancellation!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by uapremier
I obviously can't call UA to change this since this flight is *net blocked, so just wondering if anyone has had any experience/luck with the LH first class agents in the FCL/FCT.
Unless I have missed something significant, there have been no credible reports of *net blocking for quite some time. LH has certainly changed their approach to releasing award space to partners (in that they essentially eliminated releasing F in advance), but UA should give you access to all that is there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.