Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What!!! Complimentary Upgrades only clear for YBM fares within the window?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What!!! Complimentary Upgrades only clear for YBM fares within the window?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
Full means system shows full; misconnects/no shows/flight changes can STILL give a little hope if you are #1 on the list.
Very true. Last night flew the 6:50 IAH-BOS (T fare). List went from FULL for UnitedFirst to 1 seat available at time of boarding. Was #3 on a 38+ person waitlist and ended up #1. Figured that's it. FA comes along and hands me a new Continental BP for 5F right when the door closed. The seat next to me was also empty - another passenger was called to take the window seat and she said she was completely surprised.

I've relinquished my confirmed upgrades a number of times due to ATC and weather misconnects. It sux when it happens but certainly pleases that #1 and #2 on the waitlist

It was a welcome relief! You never know till that door is closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.