Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

BusinessFirst class service between EWR and HNL downgraded?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton

My flights in Aug from EWR-HNL-EWR in BF used to show BF before the website conversion but now saw United First which in terms of service labels is a downgrade. Are they cutting things like out like lounge access, multiple course, etc that they used to do on Hawaii flights?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
My flights in Aug from EWR-HNL-EWR in BF used to show BF before the website conversion but now saw United First which in terms of service labels is a downgrade. Are they cutting things like out like lounge access, multiple course, etc that they used to do on Hawaii flights?
Not sure if it's a complete downgrade. But, YES, lounge access is now removed. The United.com website states, "e. Travel within the U.S. (including Hawaii and Guam) in United First or United Business is not eligible." That can be found online at http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ge/access.aspx.

I am flying IAD-HNL in July so we'll see how the service is and report back. I think there is a debate elsehwere here on FlyerTalk about service to Hawaii. EWR/IAH/IAD with the PMCO 767 aircraft have much more space and, at least, some recline!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
It's an old BF seat with I believe the new domestic F catering and lounge (i.e. none).

I doubt they could get enough of a revenue premium for it like they can on other flights of similar stage length. Unrestricted F was averaging (median) $1300 OW, which is a rock bottom Z fare for most 10h markets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.