Will IAH get a GS check-in services like ORD?

Old Mar 12, 12, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 2MM
Will IAH get a GS check-in services like ORD?

ORD based colleague told me of the GS check-in process at Chicago and was wondering if Houston will get this feature?

I searched and found nothing on this.

Please move to appropriate thead if needed.
Old Mar 12, 12, 6:59 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Don't know about IAH, but EWR has a dedicated GS check in (next to the BusinessFirst check in on level 2), so I would think they would to be consistent.
Old Mar 12, 12, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold
Originally Posted by tarheelnj View Post
Don't know about IAH, but EWR has a dedicated GS check in (next to the BusinessFirst check in on level 2), so I would think they would to be consistent.
Does EWR GS check in has an express security screening? ORD GS check in by passes all the pax in priority secuirty screening line and go right in front of the TSA checker.
Old Mar 12, 12, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CAPT Tee View Post
Does EWR GS check in has an express security screening? ORD GS check in by passes all the pax in priority secuirty screening line and go right in front of the TSA checker.
Not yet but I believe a change is coming soon to EWR security. The "Premier Access" signs say that they are for Silver and Gold elites, leading me to think that they are going to create a separate screening area for C / F / Plat / 1K / GS. It's very possible that they will create a priority section within that for GS and intl F.
Old Mar 12, 12, 7:44 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
If there is one, I haven't seen it. I would definitely appreciate it, since at EWR, it's not unusual to see more people in the Elite line than the regular line at Security.

Edit - looks like there is one. Found this in another thread. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18180300-post265.html, post #265.

Last edited by tarheelnj; Mar 12, 12 at 8:02 am Reason: Add last paragraph
Old Mar 12, 12, 9:47 am

There is a single lane for GS / Global First checkin at Houston. Hardly the big ORD setup but similar to SFO. Was unstaffed the quiet period I was there.

Security looks like it could handle the line skipping arrangement but the checker wasn't asking the day I was there.
Old Mar 12, 12, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 2MM
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer View Post
There is a single lane for GS / Global First checkin at Houston. Hardly the big ORD setup but similar to SFO. Was unstaffed the quiet period I was there.

Security looks like it could handle the line skipping arrangement but the checker wasn't asking the day I was there.
Where is it, Terminal C or E? I haven't seen it. Though most checkin is at E.

And thanks for all the replies.
Old Mar 12, 12, 10:26 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott PLT, UA 1K.
i'm guessing as a 1K i'm still relegated to waiting at that cursed C-3 "elite" security line at EWR with the throngs of silvers, eh?
Old Mar 12, 12, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by bob_the_d View Post
i'm guessing as a 1K i'm still relegated to waiting at that cursed C-3 "elite" security line at EWR with the throngs of silvers, eh?
Could be worse... at times @ IAH Term C, they close off the 'regular line' and force everyone though the elite side.
Old Mar 12, 12, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bob_the_d View Post
See my post above - the signage would indicate that the process will change.

FYI - the "elite only" checkpoint at C3 has been abolished as of a few months ago. They reverted to elite lines at each of the checkpoints.
Old Mar 12, 12, 11:18 am
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Yes, at the C3 checkpoint there's now a dedicated GS lane. Noticed it flying out on Sunday afternoon. Checkpoint was empty so it added no benefit, but I could definitely see it helping on very busy days.
Old Mar 12, 12, 11:21 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Checking in at Terminal C is a PITA; as an elite, I always check in at Terminal E with no issues and hardly any lines.
Old Mar 12, 12, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, NEXUS, Global Entry
Perhaps United will begin participating in the Trusted Traveler PreCheck program later this year. That's a change I would like.
Old Mar 12, 12, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by ErgoTraveler View Post
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer View Post

Where is it, Terminal C or E? I haven't seen it. Though most checkin is at E.

And thanks for all the replies.
I saw it a C
Old Mar 12, 12, 4:29 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by mw362 View Post
Perhaps United will begin participating in the Trusted Traveler PreCheck program later this year. That's a change I would like.
Works like a charm in LAS with AA. I go from my car to the gate (or the UC) in as little as 10 minutes.

Search this Thread