FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Will IAH get a GS check-in services like ORD? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1323893-will-iah-get-gs-check-services-like-ord.html)

ErgoTraveler Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Will IAH get a GS check-in services like ORD?

ORD based colleague told me of the GS check-in process at Chicago and was wondering if Houston will get this feature?

I searched and found nothing on this.

Please move to appropriate thead if needed.

tarheelnj Mar 12, 2012 5:59 am

Don't know about IAH, but EWR has a dedicated GS check in (next to the BusinessFirst check in on level 2), so I would think they would to be consistent.

CAPT Tee Mar 12, 2012 6:30 am

Originally Posted by tarheelnj (Post 18183103)
Don't know about IAH, but EWR has a dedicated GS check in (next to the BusinessFirst check in on level 2), so I would think they would to be consistent.

Does EWR GS check in has an express security screening? ORD GS check in by passes all the pax in priority secuirty screening line and go right in front of the TSA checker.

star_world Mar 12, 2012 6:44 am

Originally Posted by CAPT Tee (Post 18183220)
Does EWR GS check in has an express security screening? ORD GS check in by passes all the pax in priority secuirty screening line and go right in front of the TSA checker.

Not yet but I believe a change is coming soon to EWR security. The "Premier Access" signs say that they are for Silver and Gold elites, leading me to think that they are going to create a separate screening area for C / F / Plat / 1K / GS. It's very possible that they will create a priority section within that for GS and intl F.

tarheelnj Mar 12, 2012 6:44 am

If there is one, I haven't seen it. I would definitely appreciate it, since at EWR, it's not unusual to see more people in the Elite line than the regular line at Security.

Edit - looks like there is one. Found this in another thread. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18180300-post265.html, post #265.

cerealmarketer Mar 12, 2012 8:47 am

There is a single lane for GS / Global First checkin at Houston. Hardly the big ORD setup but similar to SFO. Was unstaffed the quiet period I was there.

Security looks like it could handle the line skipping arrangement but the checker wasn't asking the day I was there.

ErgoTraveler Mar 12, 2012 9:19 am

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer (Post 18183915)
There is a single lane for GS / Global First checkin at Houston. Hardly the big ORD setup but similar to SFO. Was unstaffed the quiet period I was there.

Security looks like it could handle the line skipping arrangement but the checker wasn't asking the day I was there.

Where is it, Terminal C or E? I haven't seen it. Though most checkin is at E.

And thanks for all the replies.

bob_the_d Mar 12, 2012 9:26 am

i'm guessing as a 1K i'm still relegated to waiting at that cursed C-3 "elite" security line at EWR with the throngs of silvers, eh?

tehiota Mar 12, 2012 9:29 am

Originally Posted by bob_the_d (Post 18184139)
i'm guessing as a 1K i'm still relegated to waiting at that cursed C-3 "elite" security line at EWR with the throngs of silvers, eh?

Could be worse... at times @ IAH Term C, they close off the 'regular line' and force everyone though the elite side.

star_world Mar 12, 2012 9:59 am

Originally Posted by bob_the_d (Post 18184139)

See my post above - the signage would indicate that the process will change.

FYI - the "elite only" checkpoint at C3 has been abolished as of a few months ago. They reverted to elite lines at each of the checkpoints.

glx Mar 12, 2012 10:18 am

Yes, at the C3 checkpoint there's now a dedicated GS lane. Noticed it flying out on Sunday afternoon. Checkpoint was empty so it added no benefit, but I could definitely see it helping on very busy days.

SeaRaptor Mar 12, 2012 10:21 am

Checking in at Terminal C is a PITA; as an elite, I always check in at Terminal E with no issues and hardly any lines.

mw362 Mar 12, 2012 10:27 am

Perhaps United will begin participating in the Trusted Traveler PreCheck program later this year. That's a change I would like.

cerealmarketer Mar 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by ErgoTraveler (Post 18184098)

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer (Post 18183915)

Where is it, Terminal C or E? I haven't seen it. Though most checkin is at E.

And thanks for all the replies.

I saw it a C

goingbananas Mar 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by mw362 (Post 18184598)
Perhaps United will begin participating in the Trusted Traveler PreCheck program later this year. That's a change I would like.

Works like a charm in LAS with AA. I go from my car to the gate (or the UC) in as little as 10 minutes.