No luck with UDU/RPU/GPU this year

Old Mar 12, 12, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA 1K 1MM, IC PLAT AMB, HH Diamond, AVIS Pres, Hertz President's Circle
No luck with UDU/RPU/GPU this year

I had three Europe trips routed through HNL this year. For the domestic portion I applied RPU for myself and GPU for Mrs. EX, since they were all about to expire. The legs from/to Hawaii to/from Mainland cleared instantly. The remaining flights, LAX-IAD, SFO-IAD, SFO-PHX, EWR-SFO never cleared. On one SFO-PHX leg Mrs. EX got upgraded to F upon booking, while I was never considered and ended up in the Exit seat. I am not complaining since all not upgraded segments were in the exit seats. On the website for all flights there was always a second box stating that I was waitlisted. That box always disappeared about 48 hrs prior to departure. I am just perplexed that nothing at all happened.
Old Mar 27, 12, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Are waitlisted CR1 upgrades clearing?

I'm debating if I should waitlist my wife on a trip over Memorial Day (2+ months out). The flights are on 320s DEN-ATL and vv. I know it always depends, but are people seeing their 2 month waitlisted CR1s clearing well before the flight?

(the den-atl flights are part of a bigger itinerary and I don't want the 90 min flight to clear and not the 3 hour flight).

Search this Thread