Old Elites still getting upgraded?

Old Mar 11, 12, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus
Old Elites still getting upgraded?

My brother who has been silver for a few years and is not anymore since his work doesn't have him travel that much went to check in online for his flight tonight to FLL (UA1539) and he was already upgraded into F and had Premier Access even though is account info even doesn't show elite anymore and just lists as member.

Could this be a possible glitch, or is the status gonna hold out the rest of the month, or since he bought the ticket when he was elite? Anyone know or seen this too this week.
Old Mar 11, 12, 10:48 am

Programs: Not care as much as before...
"since he bought the ticket when he was elite?"
is the reason. Happened to my gf once.
Old Mar 11, 12, 10:59 am

Programs: CO Platinum
I was upgraded twice yesterday; OKC-ORD and ORD-EWR and my account showed as Premier Gold (which was accurate). Today my account has dropped to "Member" (which is also accurate as I did not even do 25,000 last year with CO) and I can't seem to check in for my flight tomorrow morning.
Old Mar 11, 12, 11:28 am

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
When I read this thread title I thought it was going to be about age discrimination
Old Mar 11, 12, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1K / 1MM; AA EXP; SPG Plat
it seems that they ran the computer script to update status in top-down order ... updating from those who are current GS/1K first, then, Platinum, Gold, etc ... so though in theory your status changed on March 3, they rolled the status change out a bit more slowly ... if you friend (formerly silver, now no status) just got switched, then I guess we can assume the computer script has finally worked through the full membership ... though one can assume there will be some burps and errors that got missed in the various sweeps.
Old Mar 11, 12, 11:39 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
The system did not purge Program Year 2011 statuses until the overnight Fri March 9 / Sat March 10. Its something that those who requalified or upped their qualification for Program year 2012 would not have noticed, as you stayed at the same level. However, people like me, Russell, and the OP's brother got an extra week of our 2011 status

In the case of both Russell and OP's brother, they would have been upgraded before the transition took place, and thus got some "bonus" upgrades...
Old Mar 11, 12, 5:16 pm

Programs: CO Platinum
Originally Posted by kwildnj View Post
In the case of both Russell and OP's brother, they would have been upgraded before the transition took place, and thus got some "bonus" upgrades...
Kind of like being booked on a flight back in 88/89 on the last day of smoking, which I was ... and was a smoker.
Smoke 'em if you got 'em was my mantra that day

Search this Thread