Unable to check in

Old Mar 11, 12, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Exclamation Unable to check in

Anyone else having problems checking in to their flights this morning? The new .bomb (and app) just crash out on me, telling me to go to the airport for assistance.
Old Mar 11, 12, 8:03 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discv, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Most likely, your reservation (record) is just out of sync.

Call to get it fixed or go to the airport for check in.
Old Mar 11, 12, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Billiken View Post
Most likely, your reservation (record) is just out of sync.

Call to get it fixed or go to the airport for check in.
Definitely just going to wait until tomorrow. I'm not in the mood to spend 2+ hours on hold today.
Old Mar 11, 12, 8:36 am

Programs: 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, National Exec. Elite
Me too. Can't check in online or with my phone. Wait time is at least 30 minutes. Unbelievable.
Old Mar 11, 12, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
OLCI is apparently down at the moment.
Old Mar 11, 12, 8:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
FYI - wait times as 1K were approx. 12 seconds when I called yesterday to upgrade a future reservation. Not sure if this improvement is extending to Golds or not but it's worth trying.

That doesn't help if OLCI is down altogether though
Old Mar 11, 12, 9:14 am

Programs: UA Gold
Folks, I would be VERY careful about relying on ticketing agents at the airport to resolve issues. Please note the situation at the Houston hub over the weekend: http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012...ited-terminal/. You will read that some of those who showed up without pre-printed boarding passes missed flights.
Old Mar 11, 12, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K
I was also unable to check-in. I did receive an email from UA saying that they were unable to check me in and provide boarding passes and that I should just complete the check-in process tomorrow at EWR. That will be fun.
Old Mar 11, 12, 10:31 am

Programs: 1K; HH Diamond; HGP Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Silver
Seems a systemwide thing...

I also couldn't check in either via mobile or website. Called the 1K line and only had to wait a minute or two before I got an agent. The poor agent couldn't find the record a couple of different ways at first, but then found it. (I think I waited longer for her to find the record than I waited listening to the annoying hold ads.)

Nothing wrong with the record. Agent tried to acomplish check-in on her end and it came up with the same error message that I got (and all the others on this thread). So, we agreed that I would try again later today.

Here's hoping...
Old Mar 11, 12, 12:01 pm

Programs: 1K; HH Diamond; HGP Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Silver
update

Good news and bad news:

OLCI just worked for me. But plane downgraded from A320 to A319, which may have explained the issue with check-in. Kept the A seat I had bought, but got moved to bulkhead, my least favorite spot. Oh well. Least I still have a seat!
Old Mar 11, 12, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
The reporter says United and Continental are in the process of merging,
it's done, complete, Final.
Old Mar 11, 12, 1:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA 1K 1MM, IC PLAT AMB, HH Diamond, AVIS Pres, Hertz President's Circle
I am in Hawaii and trying OLCI for todays flight to the mainland. Unable to do so. System respons saying that it cannot find a valid ticket coupon
Old Mar 11, 12, 2:15 pm

Programs: 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by EdWort View Post
Me too. Can't check in online or with my phone. Wait time is at least 30 minutes. Unbelievable.
Just re-tried to check on online and was successful. I wonder if daylight savings time change had anything to do with it.
Old Mar 11, 12, 2:48 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discv, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Talking

Just re-tried to check on online and was successful. I wonder if daylight savings time change had anything to do with it.
Wouldn't that be a hoot!!!!!!!
Old Mar 12, 12, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1PP MM
I'm preety sure it was the Sun's solar flares!!

Search this Thread