FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Unable to check in (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1323594-unable-check.html)

Izz24703 Mar 11, 2012 6:58 am

Unable to check in

Anyone else having problems checking in to their flights this morning? The new .bomb (and app) just crash out on me, telling me to go to the airport for assistance.

Billiken Mar 11, 2012 7:03 am

Most likely, your reservation (record) is just out of sync.

Call to get it fixed or go to the airport for check in.

Izz24703 Mar 11, 2012 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Billiken (Post 18177606)
Most likely, your reservation (record) is just out of sync.

Call to get it fixed or go to the airport for check in.

Definitely just going to wait until tomorrow. I'm not in the mood to spend 2+ hours on hold today.

EdWort Mar 11, 2012 7:36 am

Me too. Can't check in online or with my phone. Wait time is at least 30 minutes. Unbelievable.

colpuck Mar 11, 2012 7:42 am

OLCI is apparently down at the moment.

star_world Mar 11, 2012 7:48 am

FYI - wait times as 1K were approx. 12 seconds when I called yesterday to upgrade a future reservation. Not sure if this improvement is extending to Golds or not but it's worth trying.

That doesn't help if OLCI is down altogether though :)

COA777 Mar 11, 2012 8:14 am

Folks, I would be VERY careful about relying on ticketing agents at the airport to resolve issues. Please note the situation at the Houston hub over the weekend: http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012...ited-terminal/. You will read that some of those who showed up without pre-printed boarding passes missed flights.

CMH500 Mar 11, 2012 8:19 am

I was also unable to check-in. I did receive an email from UA saying that they were unable to check me in and provide boarding passes and that I should just complete the check-in process tomorrow at EWR. That will be fun.

GlencoeGuy Mar 11, 2012 9:31 am

Seems a systemwide thing...

I also couldn't check in either via mobile or website. Called the 1K line and only had to wait a minute or two before I got an agent. The poor agent couldn't find the record a couple of different ways at first, but then found it. (I think I waited longer for her to find the record than I waited listening to the annoying hold ads.)

Nothing wrong with the record. Agent tried to acomplish check-in on her end and it came up with the same error message that I got (and all the others on this thread). So, we agreed that I would try again later today.

Here's hoping...

GlencoeGuy Mar 11, 2012 11:01 am

update

Good news and bad news:

OLCI just worked for me. But plane downgraded from A320 to A319, which may have explained the issue with check-in. Kept the A seat I had bought, but got moved to bulkhead, my least favorite spot. Oh well. Least I still have a seat!

buckeyefanflyer Mar 11, 2012 11:10 am

The reporter says United and Continental are in the process of merging,
it's done, complete, Final.

Exleftseat Mar 11, 2012 12:51 pm

I am in Hawaii and trying OLCI for todays flight to the mainland. Unable to do so. System respons saying that it cannot find a valid ticket coupon:td:

EdWort Mar 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by EdWort (Post 18177696)
Me too. Can't check in online or with my phone. Wait time is at least 30 minutes. Unbelievable.

Just re-tried to check on online and was successful. I wonder if daylight savings time change had anything to do with it.

Billiken Mar 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by EdWort (Post 18179343)
Just re-tried to check on online and was successful. I wonder if daylight savings time change had anything to do with it.

Wouldn't that be a hoot!!!!!!!

mnmme Mar 12, 2012 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by EdWort (Post 18179343)

I'm preety sure it was the Sun's solar flares!!