Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help With Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Help With Lounge Access

Next week, we'll be flying DSM-ORD-CAE, with a 2.5 hour stop in ORD. We're flying on UA economy award tix, have no status on any airline, but DO have a few lounge day passes picked up from credit card signups. Unfortunately, none of these are CO/UA passes. I've got AA and US AIR day passes. Are either of these flexible on letting us in without having a same-day confirmed ticket on those respective airlines?

Not sure if this is the right forum, so mods, please feel free to move if needed!
Old Mar 10, 2012, 3:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There is no US lounge in ORD. The AA lounge passes do not require you to be flying on AA metal to get in and they are in the same security area as the UA flights. I'm not sure it is worth it for a 2.5 hour connection, but if you otherwise are going to see the passes go to waste, I suppose it is better than nothing.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply - I'd thought I'd heard that AA was somewhat strict about following the rules listed on the back of the passes about needing a same day confirmed flight on AA, but I guess it's worth a try anyway! I know it's not a very long connection, but yeah, they'd probably go to waste otherwise. We've got 4 of them that have to be used within the year.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:14 pm

Keep us updated, would be interesting to know if they let you in without a same day flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.