Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Why does UAL.com now offer *A awards at the STANDARD level?

Why does UAL.com now offer *A awards at the STANDARD level?

Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by murphyUA
According to the quote I posted from the (new) website, standard awards are for UA metal (and COPA) only.

And your scenarios don't make much sense either. This thread is about booking "standard" awards on Star Alliance flights. If someone were to book at the saver level and want to make a change at a later date, it would be impossible for there to be "standard" space without "saver".

The last sentence about Standard Awards on the page says "Standard Awards on some partner airlines may have capacity controls and/or date restrictions."

My scenario covers booking a standard award where the only flight is a *A flight. Assume the initial booking has only *A flights and the change you make has a United flight that's only available at the standard level. If you book a saver award ticket initially you have to redeposit and pay fees to achieve this change, if you book a standard award ticket initially you don't have to redeposit or pay fees.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mduell
The last sentence about Standard Awards on the page says "Standard Awards on some partner airlines may have capacity controls and/or date restrictions."

My scenario covers booking a standard award where the only flight is a *A flight. Assume the initial booking has only *A flights and the change you make has a United flight that's only available at the standard level. If you book a saver award ticket initially you have to redeposit and pay fees to achieve this change, if you book a standard award ticket initially you don't have to redeposit or pay fees.
That scenario (at least to me) seems one in a million. Not only that, but the change fee is a maximum of $75.

I'm thinking this is a website glitch (or maybe they will replace Starnet Blocking with controlling its capacity saver vs standard)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.