Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Is OLCI not working?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Is OLCI not working?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2014, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by mdobbins
I have a mileage run planned for tomorrow. I went to check-in this morning and I got the following message (both main website and the app):

Your itinerary is not eligible for united.com check-in. Please proceed to the airport for assistance.

I searched the forum but couldn't find an instance of the same message. Something in the back of my mind tells me it's because I have 6 segments in my itinerary. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, is it due to the multiple segments?
Too many segments. Happens to me all the time.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Too many segments. Happens to me all the time.
Originally Posted by USFdonWill
Originally Posted by hookthem
I'm pretty sure this happens for itineraries over 4 segments. You'll need to have a UA agent check you in and print your boarding passes at the airport.
Thanks for the assistance and the pointer to the correct thread. I did search for the exact term, but my search-fu failed me!
Old Feb 6, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
PVD-EWR-SFO-ONT-SFO-EWR-PVD starting early tomorrow morning. booked terrible seats because i'm silver and always pick my E+ seats at T-24, but got the rude awakening today that i can't check in until i get to the airport (more than four segments in one reservation).

my fault that i didn't realize this i guess - i usually split my MRs because i have the united.com subscription and get $5 back for each reservation, but i suppose i got lazy this time. there isn't a quick turn to necessitate this being book in a single reservation.

my question is, since i'm not far from the airport, can i simply stop by today to check in and get my boarding pass?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I am getting the "Your itinerary is not eligible for united.com check-in. Please proceed to the airport for assistance" message, likely because too many segments.

For those that have dealt with this previously, when you get to the airport does the kiosk work for check-in/boarding pass printing or will I need to see an agent?

If I need to see an agent, did it seem to involve any complexity in getting checked in? My itinerary begins at DAY, which only has out-sourced UAX agents...and they are not the most proficient with these types of things.

Thanks.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: United 1K, American
This is my third MR to BAH this month. First MR allowed to check in and print boarding passes at the 24 hour prior to departure. There was one upgrade, but in total 7 legs (LAX-IAD-KWI-BAH-KWI-IAD-IAH-LAX), the second time gave me msg "Your itinerary is not eligible for united.com check-in. Please proceed to the airport for assistance", this itinerary had 8 legs (LAX-IAH-IAD-KWI-BAH-KWI-IAD-IAH-LAX), checked in using kiosk at airport using my credit card. Received boarding passes for outbound only to BAH. Nobody asked me for my passport. Third time again the same message, same route as the second MR, but there are a couple of upgrades. What gives?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
I had similar 8 segment itineraries. When I checked in at the originating airport, I needed an agent for assistance because kiosk did not allow me. When I checked in from another airport (I did this from two different airports), I was able to do the checkin on kiosk myself. I do not know the reason for this.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Just go this for the first time. It sounds like this only happens when there's 4 or more connections? Well I have three tomorrow.

DEN-LAX-DFW-IAH-TPA (and then returning the next morning).

Keeping fingers crossed that it's not a TSA check, the lines at Denver in the morning are a nightmare.

Also, my app is not showing the check-in icon, and I did not get the email stating to check in as well. Hopefully just because of the MR.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:43 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by BThumme
Just go this for the first time. It sounds like this only happens when there's 4 or more connections? Well I have three tomorrow.

DEN-LAX-DFW-IAH-TPA (and then returning the next morning).

Keeping fingers crossed that it's not a TSA check, the lines at Denver in the morning are a nightmare.

Also, my app is not showing the check-in icon, and I did not get the email stating to check in as well. Hopefully just because of the MR.
It could be both of what you said or an OLCI issue itself as it took me 15 minutes to check in goalie-dad for his flights PBI-EWR-SFO tomorrow (Saturday, 8/29). I don't know what the problem was but the website just kept "spinning around" on the blue screen as it was trying to load the boarding pass page with the print or email bp options. Also, where you say this is a MR, and in looking at your routing, none of the flights are greater than 24 hours out from the first flight, right? The reason I ask is that there have been reports that folks have been unable to check-in for their flights if any of the onward legs are greater than 24 hours out from the first T-24 hours check-in flight. Maybe wait an hour or so and try again and perhaps try clearing your browser's cache and cookies?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by goalie
It could be both of what you said or an OLCI issue itself as it took me 15 minutes to check in goalie-dad for his flights PBI-EWR-SFO tomorrow (Saturday, 8/29). I don't know what the problem was but the website just kept "spinning around" on the blue screen as it was trying to load the boarding pass page with the print or email bp options. Also, where you say this is a MR, and in looking at your routing, none of the flights are greater than 24 hours out from the first flight, right? The reason I ask is that there have been reports that folks have been unable to check-in for their flights if any of the onward legs are greater than 24 hours out from the first T-24 hours check-in flight. Maybe wait an hour or so and try again and perhaps try clearing your browser's cache and cookies?
Well all my other legs are >24 out, I tried checking in at T-24 from my first flight . I think since my overnight in tampa is short (arrive 10pm leave 6am), it might be thinking it's one big itinerary (even though my rez shows its split (as in one way there and one back)). On the mobile app my rez says "DEN TO DEN". Ill keep checking today, but guessing it will have to be resolved at the airport kiosk tomorrow.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 2:49 pm

"Unable to complete checkin process at this time"

For a simple SFO-IAH flight tomorrow ... what's up with that?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:17 pm

United just re-started service out of Kalamazoo. Flying Chicago-Kalamazoo on Friday the destination was just simply listed as "AZO" on the airport monitor last Friday.

Anyway, I went to OLCI for the return and couldn't. Was getting a "<<strDestination>> not found, please see an airport representative. Checked in at kiosk no problem.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by malgudi
"Unable to complete checkin process at this time"

For a simple SFO-IAH flight tomorrow ... what's up with that?
Updated: Tried a few minutes ago ... works!
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
can't do OLCI at the 24 hr mark

I'm flying phx-den-fra-lhr tomorrow. First leg is on UA and the remaining 2 legs are LH.

Since I can't check in for the UA flight tomorrow I can't get on the CPU waitlist as the error message tells me I have to check in at the airport.

Looks like I will lose out getting a shot at the four remaining F seats. FWIW I had been waitlisted for F and it never cleared.

Also I registered my passport on the UA app but I couldn't continue as my middle name is on my reservation but not listed in my passport.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:43 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I believe if it hasn't cleared within the checkin window, it is going to be clearance at the gate, after the time everyone has checked in or not. So you probably will not have lost out on anything. More of an annoyance that the checkin system is not handling the BP issuance correctly.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by TA
I believe if it hasn't cleared within the checkin window, it is going to be clearance at the gate, after the time everyone has checked in or not. So you probably will not have lost out on anything. More of an annoyance that the checkin system is not handling the BP issuance correctly.
I called United and "Rose" said she wasn't sure "elites get upgrades on reward tickets". Go United!!

As to changing the ticket to remove my middle name off it (to match the passport) she didn't advise doing it as it's a reward ticket and by the time they cancel it and try to get it back that reward ticket might get snatched up. That I can understand so I will just check in at phx tomorrow in person.

Maybe your right--they didn't clear any CPU's at the 24 check in rate (this is UA 254 tomorrow) so maybe they'll clear all at the gate (which normally happens). If that's the case tomorrow when I check in say 1.5 hours before departure I expect to see my name pop up on the list (hopefully up there too as a 1K).

****Update*****

Moot point. In coach. Thank you TOD's!!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 22, 2015 at 5:02 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.