Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

new UA website doesn't credit flight miles and return uncleared upgrade

new UA website doesn't credit flight miles and return uncleared upgrade

Old Mar 13, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum 1.4MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum
I'm still missing my credits for flights taken on 03/06 and 03/08. Today marks one week and still nothing has showed up.

Every single flight was on UA.

I even went to request missing miles online and when I put in my ticket number, it could not find my ticket number! Even via the phone, the automated system responded with a message that it could not process my request.

So I resorted to email and let's see what response I get.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by demkr
It appears so re: the ON. When the agent checked it showed up as "0" in the account. Make sure to tell the agent it was a paid rez and she can see it in the receipts.
(Despite it being fixed, not posted yet either the ON *or* the R segment, assuming because of the backlog) Has the R segment posted for you?
No, the R segment didn't post either.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:47 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by naumank
Has anyone received any miles from flights post 3/6?
3/8 and 3/10. Nada.

Not to mention an irrop to another carrier on 3/2, and an email from UA said that the miles "would be" credited but which haven't showed up.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United: LifetimeGold, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt:Globalist, Hilton:Diamond, IHG:Diamond
After waiting for over an hour for mileage plus desk and on hold for more than 40 minutes, I finally got uncleared upgrade and miss mileage for last week's flight into my account.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yang1980
After waiting for over an hour for mileage plus desk and on hold for more than 40 minutes, I finally got uncleared upgrade and miss mileage for last week's flight into my account.
Do they now need to manually credit mileage to people's accounts?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 3:18 pm
Community Director Emerita

ON fare codes not crediting

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My husband flew March 4. He is still awaiting the credit of 1 of his 2 flights.
I finally broke and called. My husband was missing one segment from March 4. I was missing 4 segments from March 6/8. I entered ticket numbers on UA and got a message saying they were already processed. I then realized that each of these 5 segments had been upgraded to F. Each showed a code of ON. Sure enough, that was the problem. Since O is the code for an award in F, the system thought each segment was an award. The agent manually reentered the flights. She said the mileage should show up in 24 hours.

She also said that new software is being written to handle this issue. She had been told they are to have it next weekend.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:24 am

I finally broke and called. My husband was missing one segment from March 4. I was missing 4 segments from March 6/8. I entered ticket numbers on UA and got a message saying they were already processed. I then realized that each of these 5 segments had been upgraded to F. Each showed a code of ON. Sure enough, that was the problem. Since O is the code for an award in F, the system thought each segment was an award. The agent manually reentered the flights. She said the mileage should show up in 24 hours.
Two days on, still no flight credit.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Thumbs down I am proactive

She also said that new software is being written to handle this issue. She had been told they are to have it next weekend.
After hearing so many horror stories about ON code, I called and asked the agent to manually change code of all my upgraded flight segments in 2012 from ON to R.

It took a while since I have about 12 segments in ON. But it saves my future time. Don't want to send copies of all BPs etc. to COdbaUA in order to get mileage credits, if they ever respond. It's just a pain in the neck.

I explained to the agent and she understood.

It's amazing that such an obvious bug is still not fixed, 15 days after the integration.

Clearly, SMI/J doesn't care if you receive proper mileage credits. He is more interested in taking $69 TOD cash.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by kb1992
After hearing so many horror stories about ON code, I called and asked the agent to manually change code of all my upgraded flight segments in 2012 from ON to R.

It took a while since I have about 12 segments in ON. But it saves my future time. Don't want to send copies of all BPs etc. to COdbaUA in order to get mileage credits, if they ever respond. It's just a pain in the neck.

I explained to the agent and she understood.

It's amazing that such an obvious bug is still not fixed, 15 days after the integration.

Clearly, SMI/J doesn't care if you receive proper mileage credits. He is more interested in taking $69 TOD cash.
Yes, that is exactly what I did this week. My PMUA upgrades from 3/3 and 3/5 had been marked NF and in the conversion they switched to ON, which is an award class. UAInsider posted that we didn't need to do anything, but considering how unprepared UA was for all the intricacies of all the reservations, I didn't believe her. I called MPSC on 3/16 and sure enough, i was initially told my ON segments were award and didn't earn mileage (as if being a 1K i wouldn't know that). I pointed out that it appears that all NF's migrated over as ONs, and that they were indeed paid segments and that this appears to be overlooked on an ongoing basis. Those segments got credited first as negative PQMs, then switched to positive 2 days later (today).

Similarly, I had a simple SFO-DEN and back itin in April that had upgraded from B/Y to all NF PMUA, and in the conversion it went to all ON. Anticipating the same problem, I cancelled the res (although looking back, maybe this was stupid since now I'm sure that I'll have to call MPSC *again* to get my miles back that I had used to upgrade) and re-booked as B/Y but this time insta-upgraded for the same price and no miles. UAInsider had posted that ON's would be fixed in a blanket fix, but sorry, I don't have a lot of trust in UA right now.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:55 pm

No upgraded flight credit

Two days on, still no flight credit.
Same problem here- 2 upgraded flights, no credit, program says the tickets have received credit. I guess I will wait for the blanket correction....
Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:56 pm

And now I am 6 days on with no credit (after being promised it in one day).
Old Mar 22, 2012, 5:37 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I have two problems.

The first is a one-way on 3/4 which is the "ON" issue that many have already mentioned.

The second is very strange: A multi-leg itinerary in which the second segment posted fine, but the first segment on 3/7 (a B fare, no less) will not. When I try to submit it online it says the "ticket number cannot be verified." I sat in coach on this 1500 mile RJ leg by the way

I guess I'll send a PM to UAInsider

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.