Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL / Amtrak Relationship???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

UAL / Amtrak Relationship???

I have been awaiting information on the relationship between Amtrak and United (Post Merger) but have only seen posts with regards to "Club Access". I am more interested in the "Mile Transfer" aspect of the relationship, but haven't seen anything posted about this since the new year when the Continental Transfers came to an end.

I had been searching online and came accross the following link which I found just prior to the Merger.

http://pss.united.com/web/en-us/cont...ce/amtrak.aspx

I can't get to it via the "Live" website, but it would appear that they are putting their ducks in a row. All of the Verbage is with UAL and looks to be newly created.

If you look under "Frequent Flyer Benefits" on that page, it says

"Members of both frequent traveler programs will also be able to transfer award miles and points between MileagePlus® and Amtrak Guest Rewards."

I wanted to see if anyone has any further information about this??

I have my fingers crossed and look forward to hearing more about it!

Irishmpk67
Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:13 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
here's the page on the new website

http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/cont...virtual_expert
Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
So, when will transfers be available????
Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

That is what I am anxious to find out! It would appear they are headed in that direction, but I haven't seen anything solid other than that page from their website. My guess is that they are still hammering out the details
Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:40 pm

Programs: their are many of them
united and amtrak have one?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
united and amtrak have one?
CO had a relationship with AGR for years. They offered points transfers (subject to annual maximums).
Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by IRISHMPK67
I have been awaiting information on the relationship between Amtrak and United (Post Merger) but have only seen posts with regards to "Club Access". I am more interested in the "Mile Transfer" aspect of the relationship, but haven't seen anything posted about this since the new year when the Continental Transfers came to an end.

I had been searching online and came accross the following link which I found just prior to the Merger.

http://pss.united.com/web/en-us/cont...ce/amtrak.aspx

I can't get to it via the "Live" website, but it would appear that they are putting their ducks in a row. All of the Verbage is with UAL and looks to be newly created.

If you look under "Frequent Flyer Benefits" on that page, it says

"Members of both frequent traveler programs will also be able to transfer award miles and points between MileagePlus® and Amtrak Guest Rewards."

I wanted to see if anyone has any further information about this??

I have my fingers crossed and look forward to hearing more about it!

Irishmpk67
Unfortunately, the verbiage about transfers has been removed.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by vatraveler
Unfortunately, the verbiage about transfers has been removed.
Noticed this a few days ago. Unfortunate, indeed.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AGR SE, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, MR Gold
Lots of data in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtra...al-united.html

Basically there is Club Acela <=> United Club reciprocal lounge access.

But miles transfer has been suspended though both AGR Insider and https://amtrakguestrewards.com/earn/air have implied that they are negotiating and it could come back. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.