Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Long Call Center Hold/Wait Times, Post-March 3 System Integration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long Call Center Hold/Wait Times, Post-March 3 System Integration

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FIGWSJ11
how is this pos still in business..lol. Not elite, sorry. But, what a joke
Not to defend UA on telephone answering, but why did you buy your flight on UA? If the reason is because the ticket was the cheapest, you have your answer.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
There's probably a weather issue somewhere leading to heavy call volume.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:36 am

i didn't. Transferred miles from A CC. So I'm "not elite" as i said. But, this summer when i cancelled a res they wouldn't recredit (something along the lines of "you have an open ticket'--blah-blah-blah0 didn't want to argue as it was my honeymoon and i just needed to cancel and change. Figured it was all good, my mistake i guess. Again, sorry for no being one of the rarefied "elites"

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 21, 2013 at 5:41 pm
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I recently had to call ANA to get seat assignments for flights booked as a UA codeshare. I was on hold for over 40 mins. While certainly frustrating, long hold times are not solely a UA phenomenon.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Been on hold for 45 minutes

If you think UA is bad, try calling the AC non elite line. On many normal days the hold time for is usually close to an hour.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by emcampbe
If you think UA is bad, try calling the AC non elite line. On many normal days the hold time for is usually close to an hour.
DL or AA isnt much better for non-Elites heck even my banks Elite line isnt a # Id call if it wasnt an ASAP issue on any Mon or day after any legal holiday
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'd like to come up with a term for the following effect:

Bob is an inexperienced, occasional traveler who kayaks to get the best price. Bob flies on UA and has a "bad" experience -- something common to all airlines like "there was a 20-minute weather delay!" or "I had to wait on hold for an hour during a snowstorm!." Bob vows never to fly UA again. A year later, Bob then flies on DL and has a similar bad experience. Bob vows to never fly DL again. A year later, Bob flies US and has a similar bad experience. Bob vows never to fly US again. A year later, Bob flies WN and has a similar bad experience. Bob vows never to fly WN again. A year later, Bob flies AA and has a similar bad experience. Bob vows never to fly AA again. Bob has run out of airlines to hate for no reason, and must now fly UA again.

I propose that we call this kettle-cycling.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: United, Bonvoy, NEXUS/GE, Amex Plat
As a spoiled 1K, I have never waited on hold for more than a few minutes, and that's during major weather / irrops; usually they pick up instantly. On the other hand, I fly AC on occasion, and when my flight was delayed by 5 hours due to connecting point weather, I tried to call in to rebook since the GAs were swarmed with other pax, the AC non-elite line computer politely notified me my estimated wait time was 6-8 hours. Excuse my language, but ...?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yup. AC hold times are awful. And I hung up on Copa yesterday after a 30 minute wait on their so-called "premier line."
Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by craz
DL or AA isnt much better for non-Elites heck even my banks Elite line isnt a # Id call if it wasnt an ASAP issue on any Mon or day after any legal holiday
On the admittedly only handful of times I've called DL and AA in the past few years during regular ops, and I'm a nothing with them both, I don't recall a wait, or at least nothing longer than a couple of minutes. Of course, the one time I did have an issue with DL was when there were afternoon/evening thunderstorms in ATL, and then I had to call back for a day and a half - first to even get a line that actually connected, then to get a hold time that wasn't almost 2 hours.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by craz
I'm Silver on DL, and have never had to wait on hold longer than 10 mins. Better yet, DL has a call back feature that works as advertised.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.