Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

'Airport Passenger Duty' (APD) fee now required to waitlist ex-UK with GPUs!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

'Airport Passenger Duty' (APD) fee now required to waitlist ex-UK with GPUs!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2019, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by narvik
Charged USD200.00 (or USD100.00 per person?) for PlusPoints upgrade?

There was an additional charge of U$200.00 for a two-person EWR-LHR-OSL itinerary using 60 PlusPoints to upgrade from Premium Plus to business class.
Unfortunately I didn't record what the charge was called, exactly, and it does not show up on the receipt.

Anyone know what the charge is for?
I bet that somehow they have charged you 2x $100 APD because LHR is in the itin.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I bet that somehow they have charged you 2x $100 APD because LHR is in the itin.
Oh, okay, thanks. So it's higher for business than [premium] economy?
The charge would only be DEPARTING LHR though, right? Funny, because that flight is WAITLIST only right now. I guess I get refunded if the upgrade doesn't clear?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Charged USD200.00 (or USD100.00 per person?) for PlusPoints upgrade?

There was an additional charge of U$200.00 for a two-person EWR-LHR-OSL itinerary using 60 PlusPoints to upgrade from Premium Plus to business class.
Unfortunately I didn't record what the charge was called, exactly, and it does not show up on the receipt.

Anyone know what the charge is for?
APD.

But there should be no APD for the arrival legs. And there should be not APD for the departure legs from LHR if the connection from OSL is under 24 hours. Is it?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Oh, okay, thanks. So it's higher for business than [premium] economy?
The charge would only be DEPARTING LHR though, right? Funny, because that flight is WAITLIST only right now. I guess I get refunded if the upgrade doesn't clear?
Yes that should be the case, my bet is that it is an incorrect charge if you are not breaking your trip in London for >24 hours. I thought it was $100 for any upgrade. If it doesn't clear it will eventually get refunded. Watch them like a hawk though.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by ryman554
APD.

But there should be no APD for the arrival legs. And there should be not APD for the departure legs from LHR if the connection from OSL is under 24 hours. Is it?

Connection from OSL at LHR is only 1 hr 25 mins.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Connection from OSL at LHR is only 1 hr 25 mins.
...S there should be zero APD. Sounds like a call to UA is in order.
narvik likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.