Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

List of Partners Who Accept & Reject New MP #s

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of Partners Who Accept & Reject New MP #s

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by exerda
IIRC, there were a couple who did remove CO as a choice, but I'm hard-pressed to remember who.
National did already.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:30 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zouf
That's kinda weird - I updated my UA number on my HHonors account early this week, and it worked. Just checked it, it's in there - shows United, and my 3L5N number. Remains to be seen if the points will make it, of course.

>Edit - This was getting at my HHonors account through Hampton Inn.
I was able to change it via the "My Account" link on Hampton Inn and also from the HHonors.com site, and it showed up OK; it was only when I tried to book a new reservation (this morning) that Hilton rejected it as not a valid MP #.

Hmm. This one may be in a "mixed" category, then, where it is working for some and not for others.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Choice Hotels rejected my attempt to change to the new number as "invalid." I e-mailed their C/S and got a reply that they are aware of the problem and are "working on it."

Interesting about Hilton. I successfully changed the number but haven't made any reservations yet. Hmm.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
AVIS is OK with the new number. It isn't on the 'account information' but can be changed on any reservation that is in the works.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
TG is not capable of accepting the UA alphanumeric gibberish. Left my 'old school' UA MP number associated with the res.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the updates, all; keep them coming! So far, car rental companies seem to be the "best" at accepting the new #s.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Platinum,
All of mine seemed ok. I'd used a PMCO OP number as my primary FF number, so there wasn't much of a change for me. I need to double check, though.

Great post. Thanks for taking the time to put this information out.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by mst1
I flew with SAS today from Oslo and they would only accept my CO FF# - when I asked for them to swich it to MP and it wouldn't work. The downside of this is that they weren't able to validate that I was *G and wouldn't let me use the lounge, they didn't accept a print out from the UA site and I didn't have my new card when I left the US on March 2nd.

I'm sure it will all work out in the long run
My boss had the same exact experience flying LOT out of Warsaw on Tuesday, March 6. Didn't have the card, so he wasn't too happy about not being able to use the lounge at WAW.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Avis accepted my new number without any problems last weekend (returned 5 March).
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Amex MR
For MileagePlus dining a few days ago I just created a new dining profile with my new number. After creating what I thought would be a new profile instead it imported my old profile but attached my new number to it, all my dines and credit cards from my old MP number were there but it had my new number attached.

So to update your MP dining profile just create a new profile with your new number.

Was kinda disappointed actually as the only reason I even found this out was I wanted to create a new profile to take advantage of the welcome bonus a second time.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: NW, UA
Geez.. how long did they have to prepare for this? Unbelievable.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dadaluma83
So to update your MP dining profile just create a new profile with your new number.
Thanks! ^

Originally Posted by worldexpress
Geez.. how long did they have to prepare for this? Unbelievable.
To be fair, the partners may have their own release cycles, QA, etc., and may not have been able to update at the same time as UA.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Just rejected with Marriott for this stay.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Flew LH on March 5. I used PMCO Onepass number for the flight and my LH boarding pass was noted with CO*G. I am flying with SQ this weekend and I use PMCO OnePass number as frequent program rather Mileage Plus.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:54 am

Programs: UA 1P
NH (ANA) rejected new UA number, but accepted PMUA. Let's see what happens with the mile accumulations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.