Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why won't my reservation ticket??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
I booked a TATL award reservation on Saturday using UA and BD for travel over Xmas. Found inventory - at saver rates in F. Received an email within a minute of completing booking saying I would get confirmation within 3 hours. My confirmation email showed up within 3 mins with 016 ticket stock number, miles deducted, seats assigned. Given all the horror stories I've read on here, I thought I was lucky. So I went out an bought a lottery ticket . Unfortunately those numbers didn't come up.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by steve81zh
Current situation is the following: I booked one ticket (BOS-IAD-LHR) already on Tuesday, and did not manage to finalize the booking. Honestly, at some point I just cancelled the booking and just restarted from scratch, rebooking the same flight on Thursday night. Problem is always the same: Website claims a problem with my credit card, and cannot ticket, however bank has approved the transaction multiple times, and the problem is clearly on united side. Talking to UA on the phone leads to clueless agents (perhaps, understandably). Sadly, I am temporarily in the US, so I only have one single card.
Just wanted to add that with things becoming quieter over the weekend, I could get my reservation ticketed over the phone. Of course, my credit card was perfectly functional. It took me 4 days to get a reservation finalized. If anyone is still trapped in this situation, just don't loose faith...
Old Mar 11, 2012, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyalways
What I do not understand is prior to merger, the ticketing was
almost instataneous. I would get an email from both United or
Continental within seconds with ticket numbers after the web booking
on united.com (or continental.com). But now after 6 days all
I have is "your reservation is confirmed" but "not ticketed yet"
on two different screens.

Why should that change when they merge ?? Are they going
to a third system which does this in a Queue mode ? Why
are they going backwards ???

Knowing computer systems well...my fear is that the system
at some point will drop the reservation for people buying
higher fares. At that point, United agents will claim no
ownership of this issue and I will be screwed :-(

I have taken a screenshot of the message which gives the
PNR and "your reservation is confirmed" message..Hope it will
be enough to prove :-)

Keep my fingers crossed...
Only sUA had instant ticketing prior to the merger. The combined entity is now using sCO's ticketing system. sCO's ticketing system has always taken minutes to hours to ticket (6 days is particularly bad) and you have to babysit it if you want to show up at the airport and fly as booked.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 1:44 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Booked two tickets by phone on 3/2. Had been trying to use some Continental customer service certificates and called with a question about how to do it. Call was taken by a very helpful manager who volunteered to just go ahead and do the booking for me to get it done before the anticipated confusion of 3/3. Nine days later my booking still has this notice:
Thank you for choosing United Airlines. Your purchase is confirmed. You will be promptly notified once the internal processing of your reservation has been finalized so that you can request additional receipts, export to Microsoft Outlook, refund or change your flight, view/change seats, check-in, or email or print your itinerary.
The flight is not until April 6. Should I call or keep waiting?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:58 am

Whoops, removed my post, same situation as the post directly above.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
I called on March 2 to use a UA VDB certificate. The agent gave me a Houston address (which is new - I think it used to be Dearborne) to send the certificate. According to USPS, the certificate arrived 1 week ago. The reservation still isn't ticketed. Travel is in 2 weeks.

Anyone else tried to use a VDB cert recently?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:18 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Lap infant receipt glitch

Originally Posted by dstan
One other weird thing - 2 adults + 1 lap child (domestic) - reservation and confirmation both showed fares for just the 2 adults, but the receipt shows a third fare for the lap child (and higher total price)...hopefully that's just a glitch. Will see what ends up on my credit card.
Originally Posted by dstan
Well, I did end up receiving the 2nd email last night with the receipt which, interesting, has the correct amount for only 2 adult fares.
Post mortem - Although the online receipt showed 3 fares, the emailed receipt showed the correct 2 adult fares, and I've now confirmed that my credit card was also charged only for the correct 2 adult fares.

Looks like it was just a glitch with the receipt on the website - I believe you UA folks call it ".bomb"?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Platinum 1MM
I booked two award tickets in C on 3/6 for travel next January. They're on OZ, CA, and TG. They still haven't ticketed. I called twice last week - both times I was told the tickets are in a queue and to call 24 hours later. I tried to call again this morning, but gave up after an hour on hold. I'm going to try calling again tonight. I'm amazed it's taking this long to ticket.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Have been waiting 2 1/2 weeks now, been told several times ticketing would be done within 24 hours and definitely has not happened. I feel like calling would be totally pointless and am now trying to figure out what on earth to do about the other reserved portions of my trip - whether we should go into it knowing we will lose everything we've already paid for, or book the flight again on another carrier so as to actually go on this trip.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Crispy Gazpacho
I booked two award tickets in C on 3/6 for travel next January. They're on OZ, CA, and TG. They still haven't ticketed. I called twice last week - both times I was told the tickets are in a queue and to call 24 hours later. I tried to call again this morning, but gave up after an hour on hold. I'm going to try calling again tonight. I'm amazed it's taking this long to ticket.
Are OZ, CA, and TG still showing availability on your route?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Finally got this thing ticketed! It only took close to 4 hours on the phone today, for a total of 9 hours since Friday and 2.5 weeks of waiting total. I spoke with a supervisor who told me that all the previous agents were throwing it into the queue with incomplete information when they had no idea how to handle it. She ended up having to redo our seats and I appreciate that she made the effort to get me E+ seats (you never know these days).
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA MM
These stories are amazing. Am I spoiled with the idea that I go online, make a reservation, select seats, and I'm ticketed within minutes? I don't think it was just UA that accomplished that, though perhaps they did it a bit faster. I'm the type who will put a lot of thought into which flight I want, but once I make my reservation and select my seat (of which I am picky, as are most of us) I won't tolerate more than an hour or two of uncertainty about it. I'm about to book my first UA trip since the merger. If I get stuff like this, I'll just do it on AA. I already booked my next TATL on AA rather than *A, because it's more convenient and I no longer get my 100% MM 1P mileage bonus. This is after 27 years of pretty solid flying on UA. I sure hope we're just seeing a few strange cases on this thread.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
These stories are amazing. Am I spoiled with the idea that I go online, make a reservation, select seats, and I'm ticketed within minutes?
Almost as crazy as the idea of taking a flight and having the miles post the next day, or worst case the day after
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 1MM
Originally Posted by mduell
Are OZ, CA, and TG still showing availability on your route?
There was still availability on all three.

Yesterday, the first two segments of my ticket disappeared. I called last night and after being on hold for a half hour, the rep told me that she would have to call "support." I was on hold for another 45 minutes - support was able to recover my flights and ticket my reservation manually.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Must be something with award tickets. I booked an award ticket today about 5PM and still not ticketed (just after midnight). I just booked a paid ticket about an hour ago and it was ticketed in about 45 minutes. My ticket booked via Orbitz the other ticketed in minutes. I will just use them when possible in the future. I did have an award earlier this week that ticketed in less than hour though. Not sure what is going on with this one. Pretty said to say that within an hour is considered good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.