Wiki Posts
Search

Why won't my reservation ticket??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Acornragazzo
That's what I did. I also tried with the ticket number. Both on the TK website and App. This is what TK website says:

that's very odd. Several of mine have pulled up o.k. in the past 2-3 weeks. That does not look too promising.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:53 am

Sorry it took so long to respond. It turns out the PNR was right but the ticket number was wrong. Since they had had to reissue the ticket they also needed to issue a new ticket number. I just didn't realize they had failed to do that. All is well. Thank you for the help!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Acornragazzo
Sorry it took so long to respond. It turns out the PNR was right but the ticket number was wrong. Since they had had to reissue the ticket they also needed to issue a new ticket number. I just didn't realize they had failed to do that. All is well. Thank you for the help!
That would have been a major problem, and I'm glad you got it sorted out. ^ That's an important reminder for everyone making any change that involves changing the number of connections or the carriers -- a new ticket number is almost certainly required in that case, so if you see the same ticket number in an old receipt and the new receipt (with the new flight details), you need to call UA ASAP and have them take a look.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:26 am

Made a reservation (actually 2) on the 19th for Air Canada YEG-YYJ-YYZ-DXB using united miles from each of my wife's and my accounts. Everything seemed fine and all previous bookings with UA miles for Air Canada have been ticketed pretty much right away, but now 2 days later and reservation has not ticketed. We have the Air Canada PNRs and payment is pending on the credit card, but United has redeposited the miles into our accounts, showing on the 19th, same day as they were booked. Anybody seen this before?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:58 pm

Day 1 of my attempt to fix this did not go well. Called customer service at United. After a lengthy hold and explaining the information above, rep advises that she doesn’t understand, but the first leg, from yeg to Yyj is no longer on the schedule, Air Canada doesn’t fly from Edmonton to Victoria anymore. While she is explaining this to me, I am on AC website where it shows that I can buy a ticket on the flight right now on flight that does not exist. Oh, that’s right, they are still flying it but won’t make it available to United. By this point, I have looked it up on United website. I can buy it there too. Well, she isn’t sure what is wrong but AC has definitely only confirmed the other two flights and won’t confirm the first one. I ask why I have a UA PNR and an AC PNR. She says the UA PNR doesn’t include that first flight. I am looking at both PNRs when she says this and both are fine and include all flights. Clearly not going to get anywhere with her. Just to be sure, I call up AC. They see the reservation, all is in order, I even ask them to make absolutely sure that there is nothing wrong with first flight. Yup, all is good, except UNitex hasn’t paid for it yet.
Going to try again tomorrow. If anybody has any tips to fix this, I would appreciate them.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Day 1 of my attempt to fix this did not go well. Called customer service at United. After a lengthy hold and explaining the information above, rep advises that she doesn’t understand, but the first leg, from yeg to Yyj is no longer on the schedule, Air Canada doesn’t fly from Edmonton to Victoria anymore. While she is explaining this to me, I am on AC website where it shows that I can buy a ticket on the flight right now on flight that does not exist. Oh, that’s right, they are still flying it but won’t make it available to United. By this point, I have looked it up on United website. I can buy it there too. Well, she isn’t sure what is wrong but AC has definitely only confirmed the other two flights and won’t confirm the first one. I ask why I have a UA PNR and an AC PNR. She says the UA PNR doesn’t include that first flight. I am looking at both PNRs when she says this and both are fine and include all flights. Clearly not going to get anywhere with her. Just to be sure, I call up AC. They see the reservation, all is in order, I even ask them to make absolutely sure that there is nothing wrong with first flight. Yup, all is good, except UNitex hasn’t paid for it yet.
Going to try again tomorrow. If anybody has any tips to fix this, I would appreciate them.
There's a big difference between what the PNR shows and what is ticketed. Right now you aren't even ticketed so all AC did was confirm the last two legs but did not confirm the first. United, in that situation, will cancel the ticket and re-deposit your miles.

This is a common problem with *A partners, AC included. The UA website shows award availability but when you attempt to ticket it the airline operating the flight will deny the request. I suspect AC is denying the request. You technically have no recourse here as it is purely up to the operating carrier to allow the segments to be ticketed or not; United cannot force AC to do anything here.

The only thing I would recommend to do is call United and ask them to check for "X" class availability on the Edmonton-Victoria segment on the date you want. If they see it ask them how many they see. It's also possible only one seat was open but United's system didn't know that when you tried to book two tickets. While on the phone ask them to ticket the flights you want and see if the ticket can be issued. Most likely they will tell you to call back 24 hours later to give AC a chance to confirm/deny the segments. In this case you'll likely be denied again.

Sorry, but at the end of the day, you can't do much about this.

-RM
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:21 pm

Except AC, when I spoke to them were very clear that they had confirmed the space back to United on all segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.