Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why won't my reservation ticket??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Web Support = capable of overriding the system when .bomb screws up.

Nowadays, whenever I have a marginally complex problem, I ask to be transferred to web support, and figure out some way or the other to relate my problem to a website issue, e.g. "the receipt isn't showing up properly" (which we know is because the ticket hasn't been reissued yet, but shhh)
But this has nothing to do with united.com. It's all phone reservations/manual ticket reissue, having to reticket an existing ticket with two changed flights (one due to schedule change, one due to flight number change).

But, thanks for your insight.@:-) If web support is indeed empowered and has access to the old res system (which, given by what is discussed about this in the relevant thread about post Oct 6 re/ticketing, is the only way to do this), then that may be just who I should talk to. I just am not sure how I could segue into this being a "web" problem, as the receipt shows just fine, it's just the old one from back this spring when it was originally ticketed, and the res loads up just fine, just says in big bold to call reservations to reticket it after the schedule change changes made..but I'll try that next. Just got off the phone with regular res, again after 30 min on hold, was told that it's yet again resubmitted to the manual ticket reissue queue and that "everything is fine", but again with no time given when it'll be reticketed (ugh, it's maddening! such a simple even reissue now no longer being possible in the post Oct 6 United reservations world).
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:28 am

One word of warning if purchasing through United.com. If you end up purchasing tickets that involve a partner airline that requires you to wait 24 hours, don't wait the full 24 hours.

In my case, Austrian Airlines did not comply to United's advertised ticket prices during two separate flightplan purchases. Each time the cost was $1500-$2000 more expensive than the order made though United.com. Thankfully, since I was told this within the 24 hr timeframe, I was able to cancel without being charged.

I don't know if other partner airlines have done this, but it has heavily dissuaded me from using their website again, and instead using more immediate ticketing sites like Expedia.com
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by RecentFlyer
One word of warning if purchasing through United.com. If you end up purchasing tickets that involve a partner airline that requires you to wait 24 hours, don't wait the full 24 hours.

In my case, Austrian Airlines did not comply to United's advertised ticket prices during two separate flightplan purchases. Each time the cost was $1500-$2000 more expensive than the order made though United.com. Thankfully, since I was told this within the 24 hr timeframe, I was able to cancel without being charged.

I don't know if other partner airlines have done this, but it has heavily dissuaded me from using their website again, and instead using more immediate ticketing sites like Expedia.com
They don't have a right to charge you any more than the quote.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:46 am

I have been trying to get a few flights ticketed and having trouble with one leg, ATL-YYZ on Air Canada booked thorough United because that's where my miles are. United won't ticket because they say the flight no longer exists. I called Air Canada and they can see the reservation on that flight and are just waiting for it to ticket.
So what do I do? As of now there are no other options to fly Business when and where we need to go. Do I keep waiting for United to figure out that the fight exists? The reservation is on hold until Midnight tonight.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AtlLhr
I have been trying to get a few flights ticketed and having trouble with one leg, ATL-YYZ on Air Canada booked thorough United because that's where my miles are. United won't ticket because they say the flight no longer exists. I called Air Canada and they can see the reservation on that flight and are just waiting for it to ticket.
So what do I do? As of now there are no other options to fly Business when and where we need to go. Do I keep waiting for United to figure out that the fight exists? The reservation is on hold until Midnight tonight.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
You say you're booking with United "because that's where my miles are". But do you know that you can book with any Star Alliance carrier and credit your flight to Mileage Plus?
I'd try booking with Air Canada and give them your Mileage Plus #. It's always worked for me.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
You say you're booking with United "because that's where my miles are". But do you know that you can book with any Star Alliance carrier and credit your flight to Mileage Plus?
I'd try booking with Air Canada and give them your Mileage Plus #. It's always worked for me.
I interpreted it as OP is trying to book an award flight.

OP, you're not going to get anywhere with the call center. You might be able to get an airport ticketing agent to help (particularly at stations where UA handles AC as well, like SEA), but I'd bet good money that you're not going to be able to solve this issue. Dropped segments are enough of a PITA after ticket issuance, and before ticket issuance UA isn't obligated to do anything at all to help.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I interpreted it as OP is trying to book an award flight.
Ahh, now that's an entirely different story. There are plenty of AC flights that have space, even Aeroplan award space, that cannot be booked as Mileage Plus awards. If that's the case, just because AC shows a flight doesn't mean that United is going to ticket it.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:13 am

Yes, Sorry I am trying to book award flights. I have discovered the issue is that Air Canada has changed the flight number and the time slightly. It is causing much disruption with United's call center. No idea if they can look up the new flight number and switch the flight to that. but I am going to try.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by AtlLhr
Yes, Sorry I am trying to book award flights. I have discovered the issue is that Air Canada has changed the flight number and the time slightly. It is causing much disruption with United's call center. No idea if they can look up the new flight number and switch the flight to that. but I am going to try.
Good luck! You're going to need it to sort this snafu. I'd give it a 10% chance of success.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:59 pm

Success! after 2 more phone calls, one to change that phantom flight and one because it was trying to charge me more miles, I finally got ticketed.
I am so excited, my trip is finally coming together.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:03 pm

I'm in the midst of a hellish interaction with United's phone service. Sadly, no status so on the general Reservations line. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them!
  1. After .bomb wouldn't process a multi-city award itinerary for me, I booked leg 1 successfully and then added leg 2 shortly after (free change < 24 hours). Unfortunately the miles for leg 2 didn't go through on the web and I had to call in to get it reissued.
  2. Call 1 - Agent took a while but figured out that I needed to pay an additional 100,000 miles + tax. Everything seemed to go as expected, was told I'd get final ticketing confirmation in under 24 hours.
  3. Call 2 - After not getting an e-mail I realized they had only deducted 90,000 miles more and that was probably the issue. Called in and was told to wait a week and check online again to see if ticketing completed.
  4. Call 3 - HUCA. This time, told they had submitted a priority refund to the MileagePlus folks to get the 90,000 back into my account so they could then deduct the full 100,000 needed at once. Lots of promises that my flights/seats were confirmed, they just couldn't be "ticketed" until they got the full miles. Said to call back in a few days when I got those miles back to have the ticket issued.
  5. Call 4 - Got the 90,000 miles back, so had enough in my account to cover the full 100,000 miles needed. Agent seemed extremely new and kept checking every step with her supervisor. Finally told me she had successfully taken the 100,000 miles + tax and I would get the ticketing email momentarily.
  6. Now... - No email. Checked my account and again she only took 90,000 miles instead of 100,000. [?????!!?!?!?!]

I've now spent 4 hours on the phone with different agents, am in touch with their Twitter team (no help), and am right back where I started with an identical error by the United rep. Would love any tips or tricks on how to get this solved/ticketed!
Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by VaguelyCynical
I'm in the midst of a hellish interaction with United's phone service. Sadly, no status so on the general Reservations line. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them!
  1. After .bomb wouldn't process a multi-city award itinerary for me, I booked leg 1 successfully and then added leg 2 shortly after (free change < 24 hours). Unfortunately the miles for leg 2 didn't go through on the web and I had to call in to get it reissued.
  2. Call 1 - Agent took a while but figured out that I needed to pay an additional 100,000 miles + tax. Everything seemed to go as expected, was told I'd get final ticketing confirmation in under 24 hours.
  3. Call 2 - After not getting an e-mail I realized they had only deducted 90,000 miles more and that was probably the issue. Called in and was told to wait a week and check online again to see if ticketing completed.
  4. Call 3 - HUCA. This time, told they had submitted a priority refund to the MileagePlus folks to get the 90,000 back into my account so they could then deduct the full 100,000 needed at once. Lots of promises that my flights/seats were confirmed, they just couldn't be "ticketed" until they got the full miles. Said to call back in a few days when I got those miles back to have the ticket issued.
  5. Call 4 - Got the 90,000 miles back, so had enough in my account to cover the full 100,000 miles needed. Agent seemed extremely new and kept checking every step with her supervisor. Finally told me she had successfully taken the 100,000 miles + tax and I would get the ticketing email momentarily.
  6. Now... - No email. Checked my account and again she only took 90,000 miles instead of 100,000. [?????!!?!?!?!]

I've now spent 4 hours on the phone with different agents, am in touch with their Twitter team (no help), and am right back where I started with an identical error by the United rep. Would love any tips or tricks on how to get this solved/ticketed!
Only 90K is being pulled because that's what the system thinks you owe. Since you aren't giving us routes, what you originally booked (Ticket 1), what you tried to change to (Ticket 2), we can't really help you.

When you look at your reservation online, pull up the receipt. Does it have a valid ticket # in the e-Ticket number field? Are all flights listed correctly? Then you are probably OK. What you should do at this point is call in, stop telling them you expect to pay 100K miles and simply ask if your ticket is in order and all flight segments are part of the ticket. Have them read back the segments they see on the ticket. If they all match up then you are OK and you can fly. If not then I suggest cancelling the entire ticket, getting all miles back and having the phone agent construct the ticket from scratch. The problem here is that the phone agents now have very limited control over award tickets and they typically only can do what the website allows you to do as well. Web Support may be a better option here.

-RM
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:00 pm

I booked an easy OKC-IAH-SEA Sunday (on UA metal) for next week and didn't pay any attention to it until today when I realized it wasn't ticketed yet. I called the Premier Desk and was surprised when the prompt said something like, "Hello Will, are you calling about your flight to Seattle that has not been ticketed yet?"

The agent was nice and helpful getting me ticketed but it's a little concerning that he couldn't tell me why the reservation wasn't ticketed in the first place and mentioned that it was a good thing that I called. Has anyone ever got a legitimate answer from United as to why this happens?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Will Dearborn
I booked an easy OKC-IAH-SEA Sunday (on UA metal) for next week and didn't pay any attention to it until today when I realized it wasn't ticketed yet. I called the Premier Desk and was surprised when the prompt said something like, "Hello Will, are you calling about your flight to Seattle that has not been ticketed yet?"

The agent was nice and helpful getting me ticketed but it's a little concerning that he couldn't tell me why the reservation wasn't ticketed in the first place and mentioned that it was a good thing that I called. Has anyone ever got a legitimate answer from United as to why this happens?
Revenue or award? Paid with a credit card on file? Used any certs/vouchers?

-RM
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:09 pm

Revenue and credit card was properly charged (not on file, entered manually). No certs used. Agent said he "had no idea" why a ticket wasn't assigned. Makes me worried for people like my older parents who aren't savvy when it comes to flying and would assume they're good-to-go when their credit card gets charged and they have a reservation #.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.