Wiki Posts
Search

Why won't my reservation ticket??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by jasondc
Wow!!! 4 years later and this thread is still going strong. Luckily I haven't had any issues since the dark days of the immediate aftermath of the cutover to SHARES. good luck everybody!
Should not come as a surprise to anyone. Many of these issues plagued CO for years before the merger, and nothing was done about them.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 5:48 pm

Hoping to get advice - should I call?

Just breached 24 hrs for a revenue purchase on UA metal. Web status is still "promptly notify you once internal processing is complete..." So I think I'm stuck in ticketing purgatory. Purchase was confirmed via call center. I had an agent and several supervisors force some fare class combinations for a multi-city itinerary. After an hour of them addressing several errors, everything booked out okay. CC charged, web updated to confirmed. Now no ticket though.

Is there any risk if I call in to inquire that perhaps the original agent messed up the fare classes/basis and they would now deny ticketing? Hope that makes sense
Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: united 1k
happened to me before, called them the second day and got it fixed
Originally Posted by apgrizzwald
Hoping to get advice - should I call?

Just breached 24 hrs for a revenue purchase on UA metal. Web status is still "promptly notify you once internal processing is complete..." So I think I'm stuck in ticketing purgatory. Purchase was confirmed via call center. I had an agent and several supervisors force some fare class combinations for a multi-city itinerary. After an hour of them addressing several errors, everything booked out okay. CC charged, web updated to confirmed. Now no ticket though.

Is there any risk if I call in to inquire that perhaps the original agent messed up the fare classes/basis and they would now deny ticketing? Hope that makes sense
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: kayaker
Originally Posted by buhuffer
happened to me before, called them the second day and got it fixed
+1

I usually don't even wait until the full 24-hour mark, because I did that once (where it was stuck in purgatory for 36+ hours) and then the agent refused to honor the original price that had since increased. Now I have them force it through right away if it acts like it's going to need manual intervention.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by o mikros
I usually don't even wait until the full 24-hour mark, because I did that once (where it was stuck in purgatory for 36+ hours) and then the agent refused to honor the original price that had since increased. Now I have them force it through right away if it acts like it's going to need manual intervention.
There was a post reporting exactly that scenario just yesterday in another thread.

Definitely a good idea to call before the 24 hours has expired, and not accept lazy agents telling you nothing can be done.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:43 pm

Hi all, thanks for the replies. Fortunately the phone-in worked and I'm ticketed. Turns out this ticketing purgatory wasn't about odd fare class/basis but about processing TravelBank funds.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

fare rules: TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 1 DAY AFTER RESERVATIONS

I got stuck in ticketing purgatory (with all UA/UAX-metal itinerary ). Just got off the phone: called after 18hrs, waited for 25 minutes while agent contacted support, and finally got the ticket issued.

One thing I notice is that fare rules always say, 'TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 1 DAY AFTER RESERVATIONS'. So I wonder, is that a clause just meant to indemnify UA if a partner closes inventory but their computers didn't figure out what to do beforehand? Or would they ever refuse to honour the fare for even UA-operated flights if I call later than 24hrs after reserving? I thought about leaving it and seeing if I could break the record for longest time to ticketing (41 days?), but my flights are too soon to have a chance at that.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:23 am

This happened to me recently and the phone agent canceled the reservation without my permission, and forced me to re-purchase. So I was double charged (though of course one charge -- eventually -- dropped off). Really terrible practice from United.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by markraby
This happened to me recently and the phone agent canceled the reservation without my permission, and forced me to re-purchase. So I was double charged (though of course one charge -- eventually -- dropped off). Really terrible practice from United.

Terrible indeed. That would have really been a pain for me, as I'd then have just missed the advance purchase requirement.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by fumje
I got stuck in ticketing purgatory (with all UA/UAX-metal itinerary ). Just got off the phone: called after 18hrs, waited for 25 minutes while agent contacted support, and finally got the ticket issued.

One thing I notice is that fare rules always say, 'TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 1 DAY AFTER RESERVATIONS'. So I wonder, is that a clause just meant to indemnify UA if a partner closes inventory but their computers didn't figure out what to do beforehand? Or would they ever refuse to honour the fare for even UA-operated flights if I call later than 24hrs after reserving? I thought about leaving it and seeing if I could break the record for longest time to ticketing (41 days?), but my flights are too soon to have a chance at that.
What was UA's excuse for why the ticket wasn't issued after 18 hours for a UA/UAx itinerary?

Yes, United *could* technically not honor the fare after 24 hours if the ticket isn't considered purchased, even due to a technical fault on their end. Would they? Most likely not but they would have ground to stand on and the passenger (you) would be SOL with no recourse but to buy a new ticket at then-current fares.

-RM
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
What was UA's excuse for why the ticket wasn't issued after 18 hours for a UA/UAx itinerary?

Yes, United *could* technically not honor the fare after 24 hours if the ticket isn't considered purchased, even due to a technical fault on their end. Would they? Most likely not but they would have ground to stand on and the passenger (you) would be SOL with no recourse but to buy a new ticket at then-current fares.

-RM
They didn't offer an excuse, and I didn't press. Something said gave me the impression that they thought I hadn't completed the purchase, but I used the same card I always use, and the charge was already shown before calling. Perhaps even they don't know what went wrong.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RobOnLI

-RM
I am sure the DOT would make them honor the original fare.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
will code share on WP slow down ticketing?

I'm trying to coordinate next year's holiday on Kauai with other family members, and have hit a stumbling block with my reservation not ticketing after more than an hour.

Could this be because of a code-share with Island Air, HNL-LIH? Or is just the usual weekend vagaries of SHARES updates?

How long do sages recommend before I should call in?
There's R space at stake.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by transportprof
I'm trying to coordinate next year's holiday on Kauai with other family members, and have hit a stumbling block with my reservation not ticketing after more than an hour.

Could this be because of a code-share with Island Air, HNL-LIH? Or is just the usual weekend vagaries of SHARES updates?

How long do sages recommend before I should call in?
There's R space at stake.
A segment on a partner carrier is always subject to verification of inventory from the partner carrier. If its *A, the Alliance has a stricter measure - airlines have 24 hours to confirm, though some carriers do it pretty much immediately (AC, for example, IME). IATA rules allow for up to 72 hours.

I've never booked with Island Air, but a segment with them is very likely the reason for the delay.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Update: It took around four hours for my reservation to ticket overnight. Whether it was due to a WP code share or the usual Friday night IT updates, we'll never know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.