FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Farelock - Questions/Answers/Experiences (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1321531-farelock-questions-answers-experiences.html)

kharma99 Oct 27, 2021 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33680249)
What timeframe are we talking? minutes, hours , days, ...

It’s been 24 hours and this is all UA, simple R/T

WineCountryUA Oct 27, 2021 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by kharma99 (Post 33680257)
It’s been 24 hours and this is all UA, simple R/T

Time to call

KidoButai Oct 30, 2021 11:41 am

Changing Credit Card for Purchase

Is it possible to change the card that is used for the purchase of a FareLocked reservation? I want to have the purchase on my new Explorer card, but purchased the FareLock with a different card.

hurnik Oct 31, 2021 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by KidoButai (Post 33688009)
Is it possible to change the card that is used for the purchase of a FareLocked reservation? I want to have the purchase on my new Explorer card, but purchased the FareLock with a different card.

yes. I just did this last week. I had to add the new card to my account so it was available in the drop down list when i I purchased

nombody Nov 18, 2021 4:58 am

I am finding that I can't do farelock on a flight where I'm also requesting an upgrade award (waitlisted). Is there any reason why there shouldnt be farelock on a flight that i'm also requesting an upgrade award? Without the upgrade award in any class the farelock shows up. It's all United flights.

n198ua Nov 18, 2021 4:51 pm

Farelock Not Showing

Folks

I want to save a few different itins for travel DSM-BKK in January. I’ve been trying for an hour to Farelock these reservations and I simply can not find the option to do it. Is Farelock only available to some destinations?

emcampbe Nov 18, 2021 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by n198ua (Post 33740812)
Folks

I want to save a few different itins for travel DSM-BKK in January. I’ve been trying for an hour to Farelock these reservations and I simply can not find the option to do it. Is Farelock only available to some destinations?

UA does not fly to BKK - at least on their own metal. Farelock only available when the full itinerary is UA-operated.

n198ua Nov 18, 2021 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 33740913)
UA does not fly to BKK - at least on their own metal. Farelock only available when the full itinerary is UA-operated.

Thank you sir!

frogster Apr 14, 2022 1:02 pm

Booking flight with fare hold and schedule change

I‘m currently trying to book a flight I placed a (still valid) fare hold on.
When clicking on the link to open the booking, I get a loading screen and then a blank screen with only a small site feedback button on the right side.

This is independent of the device & browser I’m using. Is this a temporary issue with the homepage, a known error or was something damaged when the system automatically switched me to a different flight?

WineCountryUA Apr 14, 2022 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by frogster (Post 34165239)
I‘m currently trying to book a flight I placed a (still valid) fare hold on.
When clicking on the link to open the booking, I get a loading screen and then a blank screen with only a small site feedback button on the right side.

This is independent of the device & browser using. Is this a temporary issue with the homepage, a known error or was something damaged when the system automatically switched me to a different flight?

The flight was changed by UA? Was the prior flight dropped?

Call before it expires

frogster Apr 14, 2022 1:47 pm

Way out was changed from AMS-IAH-MSY to AMS-IAD-MSY return remains the same

frogster Apr 15, 2022 12:51 pm

A chat with the Twitter support team was able to resolve part of the issue. They repaired the reservation and I was able to pay.

As was to be expected, the seat reservation didn’t carry over - the only seats available are middle seats. I tried taking advantage of the free rebooking due to the cancellation but the next error appears. I get shown 3 flights with available PE on the day earlier. I can select one (where expertflyer shows open seats in PE) with minimal price difference (2$) but as soon as I try to confirm I get redirected back to the search site.
Twitter support claims the fare difference is ~800$.

I thought rebooking due to a cancellation should be free - is that a case of HUCA?
has united IT always been that bad?

edit: a call resolved the issue with a minimal upfare.

KosherKimchee Jun 17, 2022 8:28 pm

So I have a fare locked Polaris reservation LAX-EWR. Appears that the flight I fare locked is no longer operating on that day. All of the other LAX-EWR flights are much more expensive than the late flight I farelocked. Farelock still shows the off-schedule flight. If I go ahead and purchase now, will united.com ticket the reservation and then allow me to change to another LAX-EWR flight in Polaris that day?

txaggiemiles Jul 13, 2022 9:08 pm

Trying to farelock a one-way 2-segment domestic itinerary in J.

First attempt on App: Search, Selected flights, Select "Hold for 14 days" (It also offers 3 and 7 days), Get to Select Travelers screen, select both travelers, hit confirm and all I get is the pinwheel and then it doesn't move off the select travelers screen.

Ok fine.

Attempt two, at home: On bomb.com I search and find the same itinerary and am offered the same 3 fare lock options. I select 14-day (and subsequently tried with the 7 or 3) and in all cases after adding both traveler's info, when I select "Add to Cart" for the the farelock I get this message: We're sorry - we are currently unable to complete your purchase using FareLock. You can pay for your purchase in full now, or try again later to see if the issue is resolved.

Anyone else experiencing this? Know what the issue is? Any ideas?
Thx in adv
M

txaggiemiles Jul 14, 2022 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by txaggiemiles (Post 34423923)
Trying to farelock a one-way 2-segment domestic itinerary in J.

First attempt on App: Search, Selected flights, Select "Hold for 14 days" (It also offers 3 and 7 days), Get to Select Travelers screen, select both travelers, hit confirm and all I get is the pinwheel and then it doesn't move off the select travelers screen.

Ok fine.

Attempt two, at home: On bomb.com I search and find the same itinerary and am offered the same 3 fare lock options. I select 14-day (and subsequently tried with the 7 or 3) and in all cases after adding both traveler's info, when I select "Add to Cart" for the the farelock I get this message: We're sorry - we are currently unable to complete your purchase using FareLock. You can pay for your purchase in full now, or try again later to see if the issue is resolved.

Anyone else experiencing this? Know what the issue is? Any ideas?
Thx in adv
M

not sure why this got moved as it’s more of an IT issue imo than a farelock “experience”, but regardless, this is continuing for me today on the app and the website.

is this something wrong with my account or is this a wider issue? Thanks.