Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Tips for Finding Your Flight's Terminal @ EWR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tips for Finding Your Flight's Terminal @ EWR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kwildnj
You still will need to check in at the counters in your terminal of departure. This has not changed.
If not checking bags they can process you in either terminal without issue. I did it the other day.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
It appears that there has been some reversal of the inital plan to shift mainline and express flights to Terminals C and A respectively. It looks like all prop United Express flights (the former Continental Connection fleet) has shifted back to Terminal C.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA Plat/2MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Global Entry
I am departing EWR terminal A for a lengthy trip and unfortunately need to check a bag. I was planning to check in at C so I can use Precheck and then take the bus to A. But someone wrote that you had to check in at your departing terminal ?!? Anyone successfully checked in at C and drop a bag, for a A departure on United?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
Originally Posted by PHL_flyer
I am departing EWR terminal A for a lengthy trip and unfortunately need to check a bag. I was planning to check in at C so I can use Precheck and then take the bus to A. But someone wrote that you had to check in at your departing terminal ?!? Anyone successfully checked in at C and drop a bag, for a A departure on United?
It can be done, because the bag will be marked with the flight number and sorted along with the incoming connecting bags from C to A, but I would not recommend it because there are too many points of failure here...

Given the time that it will take you to go through security at C3 TSA check, to walk to C71C to wait for the shuttle to A to go to A and then to your gate, you will be about as fast as checking in at A, going through TSA at A via the shuttle and then walk to your gate at A without worrying that bad things will happen to your bag. Terminal A at Newark is pretty fast as far as TSA goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.