Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Post 3-Mar-2012:How to find upgrade inventory [+how to see fare bucket availability]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post 3-Mar-2012:How to find upgrade inventory [+how to see fare bucket availability]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
W fare or higher.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by teeceedee
Look for the thread on using "Expert Mode". Use that to find a flight that has "R" space so it will confirm automatically.

When you purchase, make sure you buy a W fare class to upgrade.

Also, if you can't find R space make sure you search individual segments. Sometimes more will show up on individual segments vs. married segments
What about on Austria air segment?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fayewolf
What about on Austria air segment?
Not eligible for GPU usage. GPUs can only be used on UA or LH operated flights.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something
searching for upgradable domestic segments/flights

Is there an efficient way to search for upgradable space on domestic legs OTHER than doing dummy bookings and looking through the fare buckets on the UA website? I'm still suffering horrible withdrawl from the removal of award inventory via expertflyer... ;-(
Old Apr 15, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Short answer, no. I don't believe so.

I hope someone makes me look foolish though.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA G
The highlights disappear when I re-sort the search results. Is there a way to make the highlights stick after re-sorting? Thanks.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by unavaca
The highlights disappear when I re-sort the search results. Is there a way to make the highlights stick after re-sorting? Thanks.
Not that I've found yet, unfortunately. Has to do with the triggering events to indicate that the data is fully loaded in the background so I can pull out the relevant bits. And I'm not that good a programmer.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:45 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Not eligible for GPU usage. GPUs can only be used on UA or LH operated flights.
Update, in case anyone is reading though this thread.

Able to use GPUs on NH as well now (only some usually expensive fare classes).

But since original answer was to a question about Austrian, that is still a NO.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by EmailKid

But since original answer was to a question about Austrian, that is still a NO.
I don't see UA ever letting GPUs work on OS. They wouldn't want their customers exposed to a quality J product.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by sbm12
There are four different types of upgrade space available in the new United:
  • Miles/Instrument Coach->Biz (R/RN)
  • Top Elite B/M->One cabin higher (PN)
  • All Elite Y->One cabin higher (JN)
  • Miles/Instrument Biz->First (ON)
is this still the correct list of fare classes?

I have those 2 flights that now have:
Code:
F3 FN7 A3 ON6 O0 J9 JN3 C3 D3 Z2 ZN2 P2 PN0 R0 RN0 IN0 I0 Y9 YN9 B9 M9 E9 U9 H4 HN4 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 G0 N0 XN0 X0 
                 J9 JN4 C4 D4 Z4 ZN4 P4 PN0 R0 RN0 IN0 I0 Y9 YN9 B9 M9 E9 U9 H5 HN5 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 G0 N0 XN0 X0
for the 1st flight, I have 3 G tickets (2 pax are gold, 1 is no status), and UA is showing 9 miles+copay upgrade available.
for the 2nd flight, I have W tickets, it's showing waitlist only for miles+copay.

I just can't figure out which fare class is for the upgrade? and most importantly, can I tell if there are GPU upgrades available for the 2nd flight?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mingw
for the 1st flight, I have 3 G tickets (2 pax are gold, 1 is no status), and UA is showing 9 miles+copay upgrade available.
for the 2nd flight, I have W tickets, it's showing waitlist only for miles+copay.

I just can't figure out which fare class is for the upgrade? and most importantly, can I tell if there are GPU upgrades available for the 2nd flight?
You need R inventory for both types of upgrade, which I do not see as available on either flight.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by Kacee
You need R inventory for both types of upgrade, which I do not see as available on either flight.
that's why I asked whether the list is still correct as it's showing 9 seats available for first flight miles+copy... the 2nd flight showing waitlist only...
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
that's why I asked whether the list is still correct as it's showing 9 seats available for first flight miles+copy... the 2nd flight showing waitlist only...
That's odd. Although now that I look further, those inventory numbers make no sense. F3 ON6 is basically impossible.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Are you viewing one or more of those lines in conjunction with other flights? Expert Mode will display numbers for the married segment itinerary if a through fare is used on more than one segment.

That's about the only way I can see F3 FN7 A3 ON6 (FN/ON are null for two cabin flights, but F and A are defined). That might also cause a misleading R count.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
There are four different types of upgrade space available in the new United:
  • Top Elite B/M->One cabin higher (PN)
is this still the correct list of fare classes?
No

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...uckets-ua.html
  • All Elite Y/B & 1k/GS M {on CPU flight}->2-class First Plat & higher (PN) but Gold and lower (RN) -- and no waitlisiting Plat or lower

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...eb-2016-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.