FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA mileage earning on AC (Air Canada) operated flights (P now 150%) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1321011-ua-mileage-earning-ac-air-canada-operated-flights-p-now-150-a.html)

jsloan Nov 7, 2018 9:11 am

UA mileage earning on AC (Air Canada) operated flights (P now 150%)

Originally Posted by gobluetwo (Post 30404044)
Any recent experiences on how quickly AC credits PQM to UA?

I had an AC segment earlier this year that posted about three days after I flew; however, it was on a UA ticket. I'm not sure if an AC ticket might post at a different speed.

GUM_elite Jan 9, 2019 9:25 am

I tried searching the thread, but couldn't find an answer. Does we earn mileage and PQM on AC Rouge flights?

For example, is a K fare on a non-016 ticketed flight operated by Rouge going to get me 100% PQM per the charts below?

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ir-canada.html

findark Jan 9, 2019 11:49 am

Originally Posted by GUM_elite (Post 30632127)
I tried searching the thread, but couldn't find an answer. Does we earn mileage and PQM on AC Rouge flights?

For example, is a K fare on a non-016 ticketed flight operated by Rouge going to get me 100% PQM per the charts below?

Yes, assuming the flight is not within Canada.

DELee Jan 9, 2019 2:29 pm

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GUM_elite (Post 30632127)

Originally Posted by findark (Post 30632783)
Yes, assuming the flight is not within Canada.

Uh, that's not what the chart below says (from the link posted) for non-016 International flights.

So, if we are going by the chart, you'll earn 50% if you are flying on a non-016 K-fare ticket on an Air Canada Rouge flight internationally (e.g. out of/outside of Canada).

If you are flying Canada domestic, it will drop to 25% - or 0 depending how UA maps the ticket.

David

secretalcoholic Jan 9, 2019 2:55 pm

Your PQM will be 100% but award mileage will be 50%

Santander Jan 9, 2019 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 30633608)
Uh, that's not what the chart below says (from the link posted) for non-016 International flights.

So, if we are going by the chart, you'll earn 50% if you are flying on a non-016 K-fare ticket on an Air Canada Rouge flight internationally (e.g. out of/outside of Canada).

If you are flying Canada domestic, it will drop to 25% - or 0 depending how UA maps the ticket.

David

​​​​​​That chart is for RDM - scroll to the bottom of the page for PQM. Ticketing carrier does not matter for PQM - earnings will be 100% for intl flights and 25% for domestic flights on the cheapest fares.

DELee Jan 9, 2019 6:48 pm

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Santander (Post 30633792)
​​​​​​That chart is for RDM - scroll to the bottom of the page for PQM. Ticketing carrier does not matter for PQM - earnings will be 100% for intl flights and 25% for domestic flights on the cheapest fares.

Ah, missed that regarding chart is RDMs. Agreed about the 25% PQMs for deep discount AC fares. See example below - UA only gave 25% PQMs (125) for an AC T-class intra-Canada segment while 100% PQMs (500) for same AC T-class but crossing the Canada-US border - with each segment less than 500 miles in distance.

David

OccasionalCanuck Jan 15, 2019 10:09 pm

Happy to see that my recent yyc-yyz-yow-yyz-yxu-yyz-yyc excursion all credited exactly as advertised at UA on 016 stock. These were Q,Q, H, H, W, W fares.

lsquare Mar 27, 2019 3:36 am

Crediting AC basic economy fares to UA?

Anyone here travelled to Europe such as LHR or CDG on AC basic fares coded as "K"? There is a warning on AC's website that domestic flights earn no miles, but for international only 25% Aeroplan. How does this affect someone crediting to UA for YVR-YUL-CDG and back?

UAPremExecflyer Mar 27, 2019 4:28 am

Go to the UA MP earnings page for AC flights ... and there's a clear chart listing all the fare classes and the earning rates You find that earning on International Basic Economy fares on AC (including "K" as in note 11) accrues 50% or .5PQM.

lsquare Mar 27, 2019 5:41 am

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer (Post 30934566)
You find that earning on International Basic Economy fares on AC (including "K" as in note 11) accrues 50% or .5PQM.

AC's website mentioned the reduction in earning Aeroplan so I thought there might be something similar if crediting to UA.

carzaddict Apr 26, 2019 9:52 am

How long until Air Canada flights get credited to my United account?

Took an Air Canada flight on Monday morning, how long until the miles get credited on my United account? I used my United member number when booking

FlyerTalker70 Apr 26, 2019 10:05 am

From my experience flying AC somewhat regularly, usually within 3-4 days of the flight, depending on when you took the flight (sometimes can be as long as a week depending on the partner). Hence, I would expect the flight to appear in your account within the next day or so at the latest. On a side note, you may have to view the details of your MilagePlus account to see the flight being posted since UA's IT doesn't always update the milage counts automatically.

-James

rankourabu Apr 26, 2019 10:14 am

Monday's flight (evening) credited this morning.

carzaddict Apr 26, 2019 10:35 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 31039778)
Monday's flight (evening) credited this morning.

i see it now, it just posted within the hour.