Hawaii and Timetable on new united.com

Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Hawaii and Timetable on new united.com

Maybe I'm going nuts but I'm seeing MORE flights in June from LAX to LIH and OGG to LAX . Seeing an extra flight on both that former united.com and continental.com didn't show.

Not seen this mentioned anywhere.

Were these new added flights or is this a fluke on new united.com showing flights that don't really exist.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
It looks like in June there are 4 flights to OGG when previously there were two (I think). There is a thread in the Hawaii-based airlines forum that HA is making OGG a hub to alleviate congestion in HNL and thus expand both inter-island and mainland capacity. That may be the reason for more capacity into there. Have not looked to see if anything else has changed besides KOA which still has 2x daily from both SFO and LAX.

Last edited by BBFD; Mar 3, 2012 at 7:31 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by BBFD
It looks like in June there are 4 flights to OGG when previously there were two (I think). There is a thread in the Hawaii-based airlines forum that HA is making OGG a hub to alleviate congestion in HNL and thus expand both inter-island and mainland capacity. That may be the reason for more capacity into there. Have not looked to see if anything else has changed besides KOA which still has 2x daily from both SFO and LAX.
Yeah, I heard about HA's OGG hub plans; but kind of quiet way for UA to be adding capacity... LAX-LIH went to two flights now ; LAX-OGG is now 4 flights... Either UA didn't load these into the legacy system or they just popped these up. Not complaining just irked as I would have preferred to be on one of the newer timed flights now
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
I've been seeing fewer flights DEN and ORD to OGG. Wonder if they are trying to move us through LAX and SFO instead?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by mander
I've been seeing fewer flights DEN and ORD to OGG. Wonder if they are trying to move us through LAX and SFO instead?
Bummer (if its true) for those of us who don't have direct flights to the west coast.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by mikel51
Bummer (if its true) for those of us who don't have direct flights to the west coast.
Exactly my problem. One stops 0MA-***-OGG seem to be gone for the days we want to fly. Hopefully they will load them back in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.