Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Experiences on Day 1 -- the New United.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences on Day 1 -- the New United.com

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:02 am

"A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued."
ALL 13 reservations say this--- on hold for 20 mins and need to get the first one re-synced as no upgrades will be processed for my Weds flights until this gets done, and if it's the same as in the past when I receive this message - NO BOARDING PASSES WITHOUT A TRIP TO THE AIRPORT WITHIN 24 HRS OF DEPARTURE.
Every itinerary has new confirm #'s!
THIS GUYS RAMBLING AND BLASTS OF MUSIC ARE ABOUT TO MAKE ME PUKE!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sfonorth
I didn't see any thread yet on this. I logged into the new United.com (essentially the old Continental.com) this morning. I found all my itineraries (with new locators) and they were all there. My status was correct and all my SWU & CR-1 were there correctly--although they are called Global Premier Upgrades & Regional Premier Upgrades.

I was able to confirm a schedule change instantly -- thank you! No more calls to UA.

I was able to also instantly confirm upgrades using a choice of miles, RPUs or GPUs on a domestic and international mixed UA / CO flights.

Problems -- my mileage plus balance is totally wrong. I only shows my OP balance--so I'm missing all my UA miles (350k +)! I assume this is being worked on.

Also, the system forced me to pull all the upgrades or miles from one single account (there were 3 of us on the itinerary). Is this a limitation of SHARES?

Overall, the change is pretty good. Fewer calls for me to UA. Now hopefully, they'll fix my mileage balance

How are others finding the new United.com?

I am curious to know how you managed to confirm a schedule change without calling in? I had to call in this morning, and was on hold for about 20 minutes, then got put on hold again while the agent was trying to figure out what the schedule change was... It was a flight NUMBER change, by one digit. I had 'lost' a couple of my preferred and already selected seats on this PNR, and was not able to re-select (not my preferred seats) new assignments. I would have confirmed without calling had I known how to do this.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:20 am

Finally got though (25 mins)--- After asking me 4 times if it ME that was flying --- put me on hold, as she doesn't know how to comply with the re-issue notification! Somehow I don't think I'm going to get my upgrades on Weds.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: UA Plat, HH Gold, MR Gold
Having a "low digit" MP # was always a sort of badge-of-honor. Were these new numbers pre-assigned, or are they first-come-first-serve as people log into the new site?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: Once nearly a somebody, now a nobody with United and Marriott
I'm flying BKK->DEN next week. Yesterday I had a confirmed miles plus copay business upgrade and an assigned seat. Today I don't. It looks like I'm in economy minus.

55 minute expected wait time on the 1p United number for my call from BKK... Skype will make some money from this....

Correction -- no charge for 800 numbers by skype.

Last edited by FliesCasually; Mar 3, 2012 at 10:46 am
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
I logged in and looked at my account. On some of my reservations its shows a 737, and when I try to upgrade, it shows says its a 757, but still shows the 737 seat map. Also, when I look up some reservations I already upgraded with a CR1. It says:
Fare Class: United First (ON)
FIRST - Meal: None
These are for flights leaving at 6pm for 4:55 min. I really hope there is a meal on that flight. On another F flight, it says Meals Available for Purchase. I hope these are all glitches and will soon be ironed out. Is ON the new NF?

I just upgraded Mrs. Emanon on a trans-con using a RPU. I tried to pre-merger and was unable to as she was ticket by CO.

The upgrade went through, now her Itinerary says:

A change has been made to your reservation, please contact UNITED RESERVATIONS, to have your reservation re-ticketed.

I called 1KVoice, and it now goes to a general premier line. It did recognize me by my phone number, so I am am glad that is still the same. Sadly, it then said all representatives are currently helping other customers and the expect hold time is "Over 60 minutes."

I hung up. I hope this is all merger related calls gumming up the lines. But I hope these extended hold times are not something that are going to happen in the future for 1Ks. Ill call back in a few days and hopefully have it re-ticketed then.

PS: I just changed my login to my 002 MP number

Last edited by emanon256; Mar 3, 2012 at 9:40 am Reason: Added PS and note about ON fare class.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:50 am

Put on hold again and after about 5 mins another (more experienced rez 1k agent) took over. She knew immediately what to do and re-synced all 4 March itins for me in about 10 mins. I let the remaining 9 (April on ) go until a later time, as they are obviously very busy.

FYI--- She was extremely nice and said that so far only one passenger has been irate to her and everyone else was very understanding. Based in Dearborn.

BTW, I'm not to concerned where my miles are temporarily parked.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:51 am

Meals/ Supress "update profile"??

My already upgraded F seats show correctly as F (welll, ON) after the transition, with "food available for purchase" on 5 hour Hawaii flights. That had better be a fantastic F meal if I have to pay for it in F!

Is there some way to supress the "update your profile" message each time you login? I fiddled with the profile, but there seems to be no master "update" button. Or are we just supposed to ignore it?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by emanon256
I called 1KVoice, and it now goes to a general premier line. It did recognize me by my phone number, so I am am glad that is still the same. Sadly, it then said all representatives are currently helping other customers and the expect hold time is "Over 60 minutes."
I called the 1K # & reissued 4 tickets in about 30 mins.
Giv-er a try!!!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
am waitlisted on this flight and have been since booking but if I read UA Insider's posts correctly, this should not be happening, right?
597.00 sounds like a buy up offer (fare difference between your fare, and the lowest I assume business class ticket) -- this I do not believe is contingent on the amount of elites.

Thich is different them the "Tens of Dollars" upgrades which are generally just slightly more than the pricing for E+ on that route. These are (or should) not be available if there are Elite passengers waiting for upgrades...
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by FliesCasually
Skype will make some money from this....
It costs nothing to call an 800 # on Skype, from anywhere in the world! I've called them many times from BKK.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: Once nearly a somebody, now a nobody with United and Marriott
One hour 21 minute phone call to check on my business upgrade seat assignment. After 55 minutes someone, apparently at an International Call Center, told me that since this was an international flight, he'd have to transfer my call to another agent.

Fifteen minutes later, that agent was able to see my business seat assignment after "going out and coming back in". I volunteered to co-pay. [Since I'd imagined the new copay policies might be involved.] I gave my credit card info, was put on hold, and the call was dropped, without the agent coming back to me, a few minutes later.

Hmmmm.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS
day 1

Add Content
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
when you check flight status there is no longer a tab for "standby upgrade list". That sucks.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Originally Posted by enviroian
when you check flight status there is no longer a tab for "standby upgrade list". That sucks.
I still have the tab, but it gives this message:

We are working to bring you enhanced upgrade standby list. Current upgrade lists can be viewed at mobile.united.com and on the United Airlines mobile apps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.