Check your seat assignment now

Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:50 pm

Seats were missing this morning

Then they came back. And there were some newly opened ones on some booked flights so I moved around.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP
Advanced seat assignments missing for 3 of 10 transpacific/intra-Asia segments.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K; HA Pualani Gold, SWA A-List; Aloha Silver (RIP); HH Gold
Award Tickets - moved from F to Y

Going LAX-DEN-IAD-LHR on saver F award booked in December 2011 for September 2012 travel. Had assigned seats for all segments

LAX-DEN is in F
DEN-IAD and IAD-LHR segments are now in Y with a buy-up option for F

This is jacked!!!!!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
One of 6 segments missing the seat assignment...not too bad. Unfortunately there aren't 3 seats together on that segment right now...I'll check later to see if something opens up.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jtcanuck
Still on hold - over 4 hours now. "All of our agents are temporarily busy"

Did they all take the day off?

I can't re-book the seats on-line because no seats show as available.

Got to give United props for screwing up the data merge so badly. You would think a simple trial-run database merge using offline test databases would have told them they had a problem long before they tried to do the merge with live systems. I wouldn't want to be the United CIO in charge of this fiasco! I know the last CIO quit in April 2011 after being put in charge of the system merger.
I would put the blame on the CEO and CFO. They get what they pay for...
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP, FB Silver (former UA 1K)
All UA seat assignments lost on this month's SEA-ORD-LHR-ORD-SEA itinerary. Not able to select seats on 3 of 4 legs except in E-. I am Premier Platinum (although I received a Premier Gold card in the mail). I have been on hold for 48 minutes and counting.

Based on the poor CSR attitude reported in this thread, maybe its best that they don't answer.

Marc
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: MP Gold
Lost Seat Assignment

I am traveling with my partner on a round trip SFO-IAD-EZE (Buenos Aires) and wel ost all of our seat assignments. I went in to try and book new seats (since our original seats that were together for all 4 flights were no longer available) and the system assigned us seats in different rows, even though there were seats, although middle seats) together.

As someone who has done large systems integrations, I am amazed at this fiasco and how United had absolutely no contingency plans to manage fall out or issues.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
This corpse of a migration will be so dressed up in corporate presentations on Monday morning that you would think that they had learnt how to revive the dead.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 5:34 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold
I called last night at 8:00 and the 1K agent was able to get me fixed up in 10min, and got someone to push through my SWU because of the trouble I had.

Much better experience than earlier in the day when the 1K line had the same hold time (45min) as the premier line.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: UA-1K (3MM); AA-Gold (1MM); Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by sing-along
My seats in C class from SFO-NRT-TPE are gone. I called res and they were unable to assign.

I checked and my other PNRs are okay. The only thing I can think of is it is UA837 however two types of aircraft - 747 to NRT and 777 to TPE.

I'll give it another day - worse case, I'll just buy another ticket and refund this one.

As for as getting through on the phone - I have called twice and have spoken to an agent with a wait time of less than a minute (1K 2MM).

Cheers
Well....got some seats back. I have our two seats back in the bubble of the 747 from SFO to NRT. For our flight from NRT-TPE the only seats they were able to assign were the bulk-head seats. Even though everyone is seeing C class wide open. NRT-TPE is such a short flight I can live with what I have and try to change it later over the next three weeks before my flight.

I was first told that I would have to wait until I check-in however the agent said she would try one other thing and put me on hold. I believe this time they called to someone in IAH to assist (my res agent was in ORD).

btw...I called at 02h30 PST / 04h30 CST - hold time was 30 minutes before someone picked up.

It has been a crazy week and I feel asleep on the couch after an early dinner last night and woke up at 02h15 PST and decided to call and see I could get my seats back.

Cheers
Old Mar 4, 2012, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Lost half my seats on flights tomorrow. I PNR - I used my CO number, and Mrs. Milepig used her UA number (don't ask...)

My seats were fine, but her's were gone, I was able to get her new seats, but not the ones she already had.

I'm on hold right now waiting to see if we're on the upgrade list or not - something else probably worth checking.

Another oddity - we were both on the same Award ITIN ORD-MUC-AMS. In the transfer we would up on two separate PNRs.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 4, 2012 at 11:47 am Reason: merge
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA/UA/DL
move to 1st page.

Last edited by pigx5; Mar 24, 2012 at 3:21 pm Reason: move to 1st page.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 4:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
On the ORD-MCI leg of UA 510 (which goes BOS-ORD-MCI) the seat display shows blue E+ seats available, but I can't select one, and the tabbed classes only shows F and E-. It's been like that since yesterday. There's only two non-middle E+ seats left. Le horreur!

It was booked before the transition via the hated Carlson Wagonlit, and I used my OP number instead of UA even though these are/were PMUA flights. Weird.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by born sleepy
On the ORD-MCI leg of UA 510 (which goes BOS-ORD-MCI) the seat display shows blue E+ seats available, but I can't select one, and the tabbed classes only shows F and E-. It's been like that since yesterday. There's only two non-middle E+ seats left. Le horreur!

It was booked before the transition via the hated Carlson Wagonlit, and I used my OP number instead of UA even though these are/were PMUA flights. Weird.

Please check this thread
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
No issues here on my upcoming trip ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.