Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check your seat assignment now

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:17 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold
I'm missing assignments on 3 of the 13 flights I have booked. I was able to get 2 of them back, but the one that I'm most concerned about is an IAD-CDG where I'm wait-listed for a SWU, but lost the seats I DID have.

The kicker is that I have laryngitis and can't speak right now. I'm going to wait another day and see if the SWU clears.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:26 am

Programs: UA MP Premier Gold (Life), Hyatt Explorer, Various other hotel FS pgms
Checking your upcoming reservations for seat assignments and changes is a good idea.

Of three reservations each, my wife and I were missing our seat assignments on only one flight (the same flight, different PNRs). I am in Business, she in First, next week GRU-IAD, UA 860.

In Business it looks like the system "front-loaded" some PAX with seat assignments because the first two rows were unavailable, but lots of availability in the back 6 rows (old config). I could not get my old seat assignment, but was happy to take something else.

Other reservations further out (Aug, Nov) are OK.

P.S. I logged in using my old PMUA MP number and PW and it worked, with a small reminder that my new MP number is XXNNNNNN. I am not flying today, and I did notice a few tiny anomalies, but overall I think the website change-over is a great success (so far) from an IT integration perspective.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs up Everything Fine

I have:

Two reward res booked on co.com (one is 4 pax),
Two revenue res originally booked on UA.com,
Two revenue res originally booked on co.com.

Seat assignments for all flights are as they were yesterday. ^
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: UA
seat assignments on two segments of a direct flight were gone! all other 8 flights were fine.
the united.com didn't allow me to select any seats on the second leg.....

Last edited by alwaysflyingLA; Mar 3, 2012 at 9:49 am
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Just checked mine. Out of 15 up coming flights, only lost one SIN to NRT . Can't get it back, but other comparable seats in C available. Also, now have a message that ticket needs to be reissued on one reservation, but can't find anything that has changed. Upgrades still not looking,like they have cleared.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
NRT-BKK and BKK-NRT seats (April/May) were gone, and the seats I DID have were no longer available. I had to call an agent due to a (minor) schedule change, but could select seats after she had spoken with me. Wish I still had my original seats... but, at least I'm still sitting in BIZ.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:16 am

Programs: UA, 1K
Another set of seat assignments lost

Checked today. My wife (1K/MM) and son (Plat) lost their long ago reserved exit rows seats for a transcon. Called and can't get them back. Only seats left are crappy E-, middle E+ or non-reclining exit rows!

The premier-line agent comment/consolation: "It is only 5 and 1/2 hrs out of a 24 hrs day". I think this comment is worth nominating for a "customer care award". Perhaps we can press for Truth in Advertising and have Mr. Smisek state "we will treat all our customers, regardless of level, as dirt" in the welcome video inflicted upon us every time we travel. Another change that we will like.

safe travel (no longer "happy travel" to all
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis President; Marriott Platinum
I lost mine for the return portion of a trip in May. Looks like an issue with the fare class.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: UA*PP
Lost all our seat assignments for our flights today, despite already being checked in (traveling with my family). No chance of getting them back according to the agents.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Lost my seat reservations and it looks like my SWU upgrade has been kicked out. There is no link or button to apply upgrades on the bloody website!?!?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Plat, National Executive
All my flights for this week seem to be intact. Hawaii flight in June seems fine except the LIH-LAX leg can't display a seating map now.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
Originally Posted by bsmnsr
I actually was able to upgrade to better seats!!!
I switched to better seats within PS Y cabin on 2 of 4 reservations. Not exactly an upgrade IMHO...
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Just picked a better seat for a sold out flight tomorrow. The seats were unavailable on the old site.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: UA Plat
All A-OK

all my itineraries have been completely unaffected: 1 all-CO, 1 all-UA, 1 UA/CO mixed booked for relatives, 1 CO reward all on ET/TK, and 1 AA/UA mixed...

They even opened up previously blocked seats on LHR-LAX for my relatives who are now seated together as opposed to separately - score!

Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: None - previously UA
My guess is the blocked seat policies for 1K/GS is no longer active.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.