Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
They totally blew up their SEO...

Google is full of broken results for United.com (and Continental.com). It's almost impossible to find things now. And, Alex keeps referring me to 404 pages, too. It's almost as if they don't understand anything about running a website (but, then again, is that really a surprise)?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:40 am

It might still be united.bomb...just 2.0.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Add this to the list.

Printed boarding pass on US tomorrow (via US website) and it is not pulling thru *G status correctly. As result, not assigning proper boarding group.

While it takes the UA new # format just fine, seems the link between UA and *G partners to update who is/isn't *G is broken.

Not sure if UA issue or *Alliance issue or US issue to resolve.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I don't have time to read through 1335 posts but wondering if anyone else has problems with EQMs posting from LH (or other *A carriers)?? Last I checked we still get EQM from LH.

The RDMs from my flights earlier this week posted to my account without issue including class of service bonus (despite use of the old UA # as LH was not set up to use the old CO/new UA #) but no EQMs.
My flight from Monday (HAM - CDG) on LH posted within a day (added my old numbers-only MP number as check in - worked fine).
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by goalie
My cell and it is listed as my primary number (and was under my PMUA MP profile as well). Still
I realize ... I figure this is going to be low on the list right now. I'm not going to stress over this particular issue.

If I were in their shoes top priorities right now would be

1) making sure reservations are behaving (duplications, seat assignments and other oddities on direct flights, inability to synch etc etc) because this affects us all directly as to getting on a plane
2) proper recognition of flyer credentials - GS and 1K not being properly accounted for is grim
3) proper crediting of miles and eqm - who would want to go and have to figure it out and clean it up after the fact???
4) what's going on with the upgrade systems - pissing too many people off

That's going to keep them all busy for a while. I've found three issues that are pretty minor so far:

- the award activity is being sorted by month instead of year/month, meaning 12/11 activity shows up before 3/12
- every time I am logging in now my username is cleared out and I am asked to re-enter it; it started last night, so clearly some new code was pushed into the system to fix something and it broke this
- multiple destination itins are having a hard time picking up *A inventory, and even UA codeshare inventory, when the itin contains a city pair that is not served by any UA flight. Example, if I do SFO-LHR, then two days later LHR-PRG, say, the LHR-PRG options are sparse indeed, a couple of choices, both UA codeshares, neither of them with LH. This is something I do very frequently, and there should be loads of LH flights through FRA and MUC. Already reported I believe. I am not checking for UA only flights of course.

Each of these is a little more inconvenient than the previous one, but none are deal breakers. I am pretty sure folks in UA understand how critical it is that they address the major issues, and many of the smaller ones too, given how this reflects on the company as a whole.

The only thing I would say is that when you make decisions on technology that are not driven by the relative quality of the technology itself, nor by the relative impact of the decision, you will deflate your tech team at best (and, at worst, the better folks will leave). I'm not saying other reasons for making these decisions aren't valid, but you will pay a price for it; seen it many times. I hope it's been accounted for, and we don't find ourselves in a scenario of "things worse than expected" and the company finding itself in an unexpected hole as a result.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:47 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
I'm in F today (and a 1K) and my BP for tonight shows Boarding Group 5.
Do you have the UA or CO credit card? The issue seems to be that the BP priority for credit card holders (5) is overriding everything else.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: United 1K; AA EXP; Delta Plat Medallion; Starwood Plat
I have tried to be understanding knowing that there could be glitches with a merger of this size but what troubles me more than anything else is what seems to be a lack of training provided to employees on the new system. I had the misfortune of traveling during the merger weekend, and had to be rebooked several times. Very few folks knew how to use the system. I am sure it was just as frustrating for them as for passengers, and several I talked to complained about inadequate training. Now I have been trying for 3 days to get a refund on a service charge issue and the system is not available or 1K agents can't get through to the refunds dept. And, my EQMs for 2012 are all wrong. Again, I know stuff will happen with a merger of this size but this has just gone past riduculous as to how much stuff has been botched with this merger.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by jmr50
Google is full of broken results for United.com (and Continental.com). It's almost impossible to find things now. And, Alex keeps referring me to 404 pages, too. It's almost as if they don't understand anything about running a website (but, then again, is that really a surprise)?
Give it a week and Google does purge expired links. This is expected... Would have been nice if top 25 links referred from Google to Legacy UA had redirects on them
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:57 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by exerda
Shannon has said previously that credits posted to the old MP# would work for a "short time"; no concrete notion as to how long that will be.
I read it was at least 30 days.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Angry

1K line now gets busy signal.
Beautiful....

Can't wait until there's a snowstorm/weather at ORD, IAD, EWR, or IAH.

[Text singling out another FT member edited by Moderator.]

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Mar 7, 2012 at 1:38 pm Reason: Please see above.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
When I look up Region 1 award availability, I'm seeing the economy meal listed even for premium cabins (None, Food for Purchase, etc.). Of course, that's not as annoying as the still-nonexistent Mixed Cabin disclaimer.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Mods:
I realize not everyone has read all 90 pages of this thread, but there are a few issues that are cropping up that haven't been addressed by UA Insider but we've come up with work arounds. Any way we could have another locked or sticky thread with temp workarounds? The US Air not pulling *G with new MP# comes to mind, along with entering your MP# with keypad instead of speaking if you have a long hold time. I'm sure there are others.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
RPU waitlisted for multiple segments

A relatively minor issue:
I'm flying LAX-IAD-PIT next week and tried to upgrade both segments using an RPU. Now there is an additional LAX-IAD segment at the end of the itinerary with a note "This segment is waitlisted," which I understand because I did this knowing that there is no R/RN availability. My problem is that, although apparently upgrade for IAD-PIT didn't clear either (can't select F seat), it doesn't show up as a waitlisted segment like the LAX-IAD segment.

I've never tried to upgrade on co.com so I'm not sure if this is the normal behavior to only show the first segment when multiple segments are waitlisted, or a new issue after integration. Not that I desperately want F on IAD-PIT, but it's good to know in case I fly something like PIT-IAH-HNL.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:21 am

Jan + Feb history now gone

I hope you had time to capture/print the postings of Jan and Feb, because it looks like they're now gone. The drop-down box to select a period to display are empty, and any selection results in "We're sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request due to a technical problem. Please try later or call 1-800-296-1751 for assistance."
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:26 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
It is good that I can read basic Spanish. My Departure reminder email message just arrived and states:
Flight UA1235/7MAR from PHX gate 6a programado para salir a las 12:36 and arrive into CLE at 18:25.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.