Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:51 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Systems down helped me bag an SQ Award in I class!!

UA agents in SIN said the booking engines are off line since Monday and they cannot issue any tickets!. She got permission to book via the website, using my FF# and password, and managed to find me an SQ redemption JFK-SIN in I class for later this week ( which I could not see if I logged into my UA account myself and did a Partner Award search) and managed to get her websupport to issue an e-ticket. I guess I lucked out as a) the SIN UA agent went out of the way to help me get the award ticket on SQ and b) due to the UA computer shinanigans, some I seats on SQ were still available!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:54 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by demosthenes1
As I was getting ready to board the fourth segment of a 4 segment itinerary tonight, I noticed that this itinerary had disappeared from my iPad app and from my list of reservations at united.com. No harm, no foul, since I had a paper boarding pass, and the gate agent still thought I existed, but it did seem rather strange.
I have encountered this a few times in the past, most of the time it should re-appear within a couple of minutes. If not, go to My Account then select Upcoming Flights [the fourth box on the right] and you should see a list of reservations booked under your name, select the one you want to view. Everything should be there.

If the front page does not show your reservation after a couple of minutes, then in the main menu [front page] select "More" then select "View Reservation" and type in your confirmation number and last name. After that, the reservation should be listed in the front page again.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
b) due to the UA computer shinanigans, some I seats on SQ were still available!
Congrats on the award! I just want to point out that SQ begun releasing "I" space and "O" space as of this month. The only cabin that is still being completely blocked by SQ is the A380 suites.

Nonetheless, be sure to write up a trip report
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:59 pm

Ask Alex is so 1999-ish ... geez! Sad commentary on the new UA.

Originally Posted by username
I asked Alex and...

You Asked: When will the system be fixed?
Alex: I'm not sure I understand, please try rewording your question.

You Asked: How come I have to wait for hours for a phone agent?
Alex: I can answer many questions about reservations but you can also contact us using the phone numbers at the bottom of this Web page.

You Asked: The wait time on the phone is many hours.
Alex: Due to high call volumes, your wait time may be a bit longer. However, I am available to help you; just ask me your question.

You Asked: How come UA Insider has not provided any update on Flyertalk.com?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Seat maps aren't working

For the last several days, I have not been able to load seat maps for any of my itineraries; the website just hangs up. However, I can access the seat maps if I log out and enter the old confirmation numbers. Anyone else have the same problem?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by malgudi
Ask Alex is so 1999-ish ... geez! Sad commentary on the new UA.
Each to his own, but I have found Alex to be useful as a virtual "site map". Like if I need to find the contract of carriage I would just click on Alex's face and type contract of carriage. If I need information like pet travel or whatever, Alex spares me the need to search all over UA.com by providing me a link directly to the page I am trying to find.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:07 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
UAInsider: A tremendous advantage to the PMUA "My itineraries" page was the display of partner record locators, making it easy to assign seats on other Star Alliance carriers. This function is now gone. Please work to bring it back.
Hi MatthewLAX, thanks for identifying this issue. We’re looking into this and I’ve added it to the master thread.

Originally Posted by emcampbe
My PQM's (~18,000) are all gone from this year, too, though my 6 PQS are still showing properly. I had both CO and UA accounts. My SO, who just had the MP account, has her correct PQM and PQS showing, though she only had an MP account before. This makes my tracker look sad - was almost 80% to Premier Silver already by end Feb, which is record speed for me. Now, it looks more like 20%.
Originally Posted by navi-c
So logged in and saw all the PMUA PQMs gone. Freaked out, but then got caught up on todays posts here and see it is wide spread. Luckily, I've had lots of training keeping up with enormous threads on FT (thank you trick it!) but I can't imagine what folks who aren't plugged into this thread (or even FT in general) must be thinking!
emcampbe and navi-c, as you know, you’re not alone. When we turned on the system to start crediting flight miles again, we started to see reports of PQM’s changing. We’re working to identify the root cause for this and will keep the status updated in the master list in post #1.

Originally Posted by username
I asked Alex and...

You Asked: How come UA Insider has not provided any update on Flyertalk.com?

Hi username, UA Insider’s answer is, “simply not enough hours in the day.”

Shannon
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi SouthPoleFlyer, these past date reservations were incorrectly migrated during the conversion. Behind the scenes, these were Apollo reservations that included the code “TKT”, which is the common abbreviation for “ticket”. The new system is decoding this as a city code. The city code is Tak, Thailand, so the system thinks this is a flight reservation.
UA Insider - I'm hoping you can clarify this further. I have two "TAK TH (TKT)" reservations that show up on the homepage of united.com. However, neither of them show up in my Current, Past or Cancelled reservations list when I look at my account details. Basically, I have no way of getting rid of them. How would I do that?

One of them is a SEA-BOS itinerary from who knows when that when I pull it up says it's been cancelled. This may or may not be the case but it's definitely not a current itinerary and it should be removed. I'm 99% sure I don't have any remaining value on the ticket.

The other one is actually an open ticket that I had with United in which I didn't fly the return flight from Singapore to Seattle. This one, after clicking on "TAK TH" shows that it, too, has been cancelled. I guess that's a liberal use of the word cancelled because I did cancel the return and put it on hold until I could re-apply it to a new ticket.

Any guidance you can provide me (and others who see these possibly erroneous reservations) would be appreciated. If you need the PNR codes or anything else please feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance,
-RM
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Some incredibly useful features of the new united.com that I miss from the old Continental.com that I would really hope you bring back are:

1. The ability to click the "Fare Class" link within an existing reservation to see the current fare class availability from A to Z and everything in between. Right now, on the new website, you have to create a dummy booking with your flights to get an idea of what the fare classes look like. Since this feature is still available during a flight search I would think it's easy to bring back for ticketed itineraries.

2. After doing OLCI and re-looking at your itinerary the "Check In Now" button disappears. In order to get back to the OLCI process (maybe to SDC) you must either:
a) know your PNR code and plug it into the homepage; or
b) attempt to change your seat which isn't allowed after OLCI has happened and click the link "change your seat" that appears after the warning message on the top of the seat map.

Please bring back the yellow "Check In Now" button for itineraries that have already been checked in.

Thanks in advance,
RM
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:19 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Star Alliance Upgrade Awards. The ability to redeem miles for upgrades on Star Alliance carriers will be unavailable for a few weeks
Shannon, what is the definition of "a few?"
Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Hi UA_Insider,

I have incorrect number of miles posted IAH-FRA-DXB on flight flew after March 3.

March 4, flew IAH-FRA, booked on T fare class, UA46, miles were posted correctly, 5215 premier qualifying miles and same amount for 100% miles bonus as 1K member.

March 5, FRA-DXB, UA8904/LH 630, booked on S fare class, however, miles were posted only half of what Lufthansa partner airline should be earned.
FRA-DXB should have been 3004.

Posted incorrectly as followed:
Premier Qualify 1502, segements 0

I am wondering if anyone has their "Post March 3rd flight" miles posted with similar discrepancies.

Thanks,
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:27 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
EQM Issues

Are the EQMs being calculated.
I just had one of my 3/3 segments post. Miles are right - segments 1.5 but NO EQMS???

Also I lost 2K EQM from yesterday to today. One of my transferred MP flights went missing... (It was a CO flight on my old UA account)
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Shannon. Don't know if this is some exception coding. Cannot search awards from hkg to bkk or kul or sin. If you search hkg to del it shows plenty of available sq flight to sin from hkg but will never show anything other than the ua flight if you search just hkg to sin. Doing any other Asian origin to sin yields flights. Seems some poor coding. This was working ex hkg on the old co site. Wondering if special case code to show ua hkg-sin flight is causing unintentional filtering.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:18 am

Programs: UA Mileage+
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
Shannon. Don't know if this is some exception coding. Cannot search awards from hkg to bkk or kul or sin. If you search hkg to del it shows plenty of available sq flight to sin from hkg but will never show anything other than the ua flight if you search just hkg to sin. Doing any other Asian origin to sin yields flights. Seems some poor coding. This was working ex hkg on the old co site. Wondering if special case code to show ua hkg-sin flight is causing unintentional filtering.
I was just about to call in to get a flight which includes some SQ HKG-SIN re-synced.... guess I'll hold off on that heh.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Originally Posted by golfingboy
I wouldn't stress too much about the PQM/PQS being incorrect after all it is only March

Give it a couple of days, I am pretty sure everything will be fixed.
It's hard to tell if you're being sarcastic or sincere. I'm going with sarcastic, as things are really a mess right now with transferring everyone's miles. Some will find my lack of faith disturbing, i know. Yet I can't have faith given the mess that has unfolded. I cannot believe how badly this was screwed up. I really can't. At my job, I would have been fired if I had utterly failed like this and teed off so many people.

Magically between March 4 and March 6 I was downgraded from 1K to Plat, AND when my March 3 flight posted, because of the sudden (and wrong) status downgrade I only received the 75% RDM bonus for being Plat, not the 100% I really should have received for being 1K. i'M SURE that when the rest of the segments from my trip post, they will be short by 25% in RDMs as well and they'll have to get fixed too.

It clearly shows that I had over 100,000 EQMs transferred from PMUA (I never had an OP account) on Dec 31,2011, yet I'm Plat? And, the 2011 mileage Plus activity from airlines is a big fat 0? After all the communications emails i got in February telling me that my status for 2012 would be Premier 1K? Seriously?

I had 49,560 EQMs (PQMs now, I guess) on March 4 and 18 PQSs; now on March 6 I have 0 EQMs and due to one segment of my March 3 flight crediting, 19.5 PQSs but still 0 PQMs. At least I got my 1.5 PQS.

I really don't have faith that 1) my 1K status will be restored, 2) my extra 25% RDMs for my flight will show up, and 3) my 49,560 PQMs that I magically lost sometime between march 4 and march 6 will all come back in less than 48 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.