Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by zombietooth
So, if R,RN>0 and you apply an RPU, is the upgrade confirmed or could you still be wait listed?
AFAIK, you should be confirmed, but you may possibly need to call in to get it cleared!
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM
Here's an excellent link to some credible outside reporting on UA events this weekend. The indie stats on operations are dismal. [And I liked the dig at the sheep-like Chicago Tribune.]

http://www.portfolio.com/business-tr...omputer-switch
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Minor bug in web site: GPUs are showing up as 5 on the main page, but when I click on it, it shows the correct 7 I actually have. just a minor issue.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
GPUs/RPUs double pulled for future itineraries

Originally Posted by blueman2
Minor bug in web site: GPUs are showing up as 5 on the main page, but when I click on it, it shows the correct 7 I actually have. just a minor issue.
I assume you have two GPUs reserved or used for a future itinerary? That seens to be the pattern. Note that for me when I click it now shows the incorrect value (it was what you observed yesterday) so what you are seeing now might change. If you look at your activities you should see that the GPUs were deducted twice. I plan on alerting UA Insider once things quieten down.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
Yup

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
CPU apparently operates differently -- but I am not real clear on this yet.
They aren't quite sure either & they certainly aren't telling us

It's all up to the moles down in the IM bunker

It's sorta like the Irish sweepstakes (only more uncertain)
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
PMCO phone numbers can't be edited

Any attempt to edit, delete, or make primary any numbers from my PMCO profilefails with "are unable to complete at this time" type of error messages. PMUA numbers and newly entered numbers succeed.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mos
Apologies if this has already been raised and answered, but couldn't find anything on searching this thread.

I'm sure this isn't UA's biggest concern at the moment; I'm trying to book a *A award redemption using US Airways miles, and the US Airways agents can apparently see availability for the flights I'd like to book (UA910 and UA895 in First on 3rd August) but can't confirm the reservation. The US agents tell me it is an issue with the UA system - any ideas on this and when it might be back up and running?

I can keep calling US to check, but thought there might be a quicker way to find out when things change.

Cheers,
Michael
FWIW, I've been experiencing the same thing. Called a couple times, once at 22:00 PST last night and again at 10:45 PST this morning, and was told to try back in a few hours.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by Rice
FWIW, I've been experiencing the same thing. Called a couple times, once at 22:00 PST last night and again at 10:45 PST this morning, and was told to try back in a few hours.
Another issue that has, perhaps, been mentioned above with award tickets is that the CO interface no longer warns you when a premium cabin award contains sectors in economy (there used to be a noticeable "MIXED CABIN" moniker).

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM; AS; GP D; HH D
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I was reviewing an upcoming award trip and was re-entering some of the traveler information. It does not save permanently.

I select the reservation and then choose Edit traveler information. I go in and add Emergency Contact and Passport data. It saves it (or so it says).

When I review the information, it all disappears.
Same for me on a non-award reservation. Edit Traveler is broken

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by c1mth0g
I assume you have two GPUs reserved or used for a future itinerary? That seens to be the pattern. Note that for me when I click it now shows the incorrect value (it was what you observed yesterday) so what you are seeing now might change. If you look at your activities you should see that the GPUs were deducted twice. I plan on alerting UA Insider once things quieten down.
Same situation here.
I had three CO SWUs with two more outstanding/pending on UA flights.

"Pulled" them again so now I show just one.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by EddieG
"Remember Me" is not working, I have to login everytime including adding my MP#
Same here. Annoying but way down on UA's priority list to "fix".
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:45 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade
Originally Posted by EddieG
"Remember Me" is not working, I have to login everytime including adding my MP#
Same here. Annoying but way down on UA's priority list to "fix".
does work if you start from pss.united.com. Earlier postings speculated the cookies have not yet been changed from the pss site to the normal site. Notice once you go to the normal site most/all pages start with pss.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Reality check 1K line: Answered phone in 5 sec

1k call cenrer Less hectic today. 5 secs to answer call. Had a pre merger UA agent who helped and took care of what I needed.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Check-in at NRT yesterday went just fine. Kiosk didn't recognize me, but after a bit of typing by the agent my boarding passes were printed out. Upgrade with an SWU was still there. An even nicer surprise - a new configuration 777 when I was expecting old config. Sitting at LAX now trying to get over the letdown of the CBP/TSA/United Club experience coming back into the country...
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
1k call cenrer Less hectic today. 5 secs to answer call. Had a pre merger UA agent who helped and took care of what I needed.
Are you using the PMUA 1K line phone number? I don't have my new 1K kit yet so I'm not sure which number we should be using.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.