Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by babalooie21204
Am I wrong with thinking that I should have received miles for the Air China segment?
Insufficient information. Does your ticket conform to the specifications at http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=312?

Anyone have any idea of who or where to contact to get the ball rolling on figuring out what happened to my points?
United. You should fill out the "missing mileage" form. See http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...agecredit.aspx.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Sure, fill out a "missing mileage" request form online on united.com.

My method here is :
(1) Visit a Web search engine, like google.com.
(2) Type in the phrase [ united missing miles ]
(3) Follow the first link: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...agecredit.aspx
(4) Follow the link to "Star AllianceTM member airlines" => If your credit has not been posted after 15 days, submit a request for credit. => http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...edit.aspx?SI=1

You'll need your e-ticket number and the flight numbers and (strangely) seat numbers.

Call United MileagePlus in a week or so to follow up on the outcome of your missing mileage request. What you want is to "get credit for a flight on a Star Alliance partner which has not posted yet", and you have already filled out a form online & want to get the status of that request.

Keep a copy of your boarding passes; you may need them.

In order to know how many miles you should expect to earn, figure out what your "fare class" on Air China was, and then look it up in the united.com earning page for Air China (search terms: [united earn air china]), https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=312 . This will tell you whether your fare was eligible to earn 100%, 50%, or 0% of the actual miles flown for the Air China segments.

Based on the ticket price, it looks like this was probably a mileage-earning fare. Interesting that you got a JetBlue segment in there — I didn't know AC and B6 could be plated together like that!
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:36 pm

Yeah Filled out the mileage claim 2 weeks ago, still no response. Classes K/M so I should get 100% mileage / PQD.

Originally Posted by mherdeg
Sure, fill out a "missing mileage" request form online on united.com.

My method here is :
(1) Visit a Web search engine, like google.com.
(2) Type in the phrase [ united missing miles ]
(3) Follow the first link: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...agecredit.aspx
(4) Follow the link to "Star AllianceTM member airlines" => If your credit has not been posted after 15 days, submit a request for credit. => http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...edit.aspx?SI=1

You'll need your e-ticket number and the flight numbers and (strangely) seat numbers.

Call United MileagePlus in a week or so to follow up on the outcome of your missing mileage request. What you want is to "get credit for a flight on a Star Alliance partner which has not posted yet", and you have already filled out a form online & want to get the status of that request.

Keep a copy of your boarding passes; you may need them.

In order to know how many miles you should expect to earn, figure out what your "fare class" on Air China was, and then look it up in the united.com earning page for Air China (search terms: [united earn air china]), https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=312 . This will tell you whether your fare was eligible to earn 100%, 50%, or 0% of the actual miles flown for the Air China segments.

Based on the ticket price, it looks like this was probably a mileage-earning fare. Interesting that you got a JetBlue segment in there — I didn't know AC and B6 could be plated together like that!
Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:13 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
....Anyone have any idea of who or where to contact to get the ball rolling on figuring out what happened to my points?
Yeah Filled out the mileage claim 2 weeks ago, still no response. Classes K/M so I should get 100% mileage / PQD.
The issue lies in the hands of the flight operator (hence UA pointed you toward CA). The mileage posting comes from the operating carrier not UA (since it carriers a financial impact).
Do you have all the required info in the missing mileage request?
Was your MP number on the original ticket?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: United 1K
When the LH miles/PQD post on UA account?

I've been flying a lot of LH segments as my final connection for many transatlantic flights. They're booked on UA and on UA tickets: 016.

I haven't had any miles or PQD post for these for any of my flights in Feb. When does that happen?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: UA AU (ex 10+ year 1k) 1.5MM, AS Newbie, HH ex Dia
Originally Posted by mitchellh
I've been flying a lot of LH segments as my final connection for many transatlantic flights. They're booked on UA and on UA tickets: 016.

I haven't had any miles or PQD post for these for any of my flights in Feb. When does that happen?
A few days after you request credit the miles will post. Then when the miles post you contact MPSC to request PQD for the flight, and some time later after your request they change the PQD that posted from "ineligible" to the actual PQD.

I had one intra-European LH flight post automatically and completely (two days after flying). All the rest are going through the request process.

Last edited by MrOCTeckels; Mar 3, 2014 at 3:46 pm Reason: clarity
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by mitchellh

My LH-op UA-des flights haven't been posting automatically since December. Have to call/request on line every time now.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

had 2 LH-op UA-flight# submissions on saturday for credit.. miles posted yesterday night.
website is amazingly efficient!
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:15 am

Slightly off topic: Star Alliance (United/US Airways)

Hi all,

I know this is slightly off topic but it seemed like the best spot to get an answer. Here's my situation: I normally use my Star Alliance linked account (through United) on all my US Airways flights. I always get the PQM/tiers with no issues. I am currently booked on US Airways flight that is going to be operated by American Airlines. I am not sure if US Airways will still recognize the Star Alliance account since the flight is being operated by American Airlines. My worry seems confirmed because I don't see the Star Alliance FF number listed on my US Airways itinerary. BTW, this flight will take place well before March 31 (which is the date when US Airways leaves Star Alliance).

Is it worth trying to call US Airways to see if they will still honor the Star Alliance network on a flight that will be operated by AA? Should I even be worried about it at all? I appreciated any help! You guys are the best.

Last edited by coronakid; Mar 4, 2014 at 11:28 am
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by coronakid
Hi all,

I know this is slightly off topic but it seemed like the best spot to get an answer. Here's my situation: I normally use my Star Alliance linked account (through United) on all my US Airways flights. I always get the PQM/tiers with no issues. I am currently booked on US Airways flight that is going to be operated by American Airlines. I am not sure if US Airways will still recognize the Star Alliance account since the flight is being operated by American Airlines. My worry seems confirmed because I don't see the Star Alliance FF number listed on my US Airways itinerary.

Is it worth trying to call US Airways to see if they will still honor the Star Alliance network on a flight that will be operated by AA? Should I even be worried about it at all? I appreciated any help! You guys are the best.
The operating carrier is the one that counts for getting miles. So, if it's AA metal, no miles will be credited to UA MileagePlus
Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM,Marriott platinum,ihg spire
Mileage credit not working ?

I'm trying to make a mileage request for an LH flight , but each time I get the response : the system is temporarily unavailable. Please try your request later.
I got this message yesterday and again today.
Anybody else have the same problem ?
Thx
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by erwin123
I'm trying to make a mileage request for an LH flight , but each time I get the response : the system is temporarily unavailable. Please try your request later.
I got this message yesterday and again today.
Anybody else have the same problem ?
Thx
Yes and I can't figure out why it works fine for one segment and bombs out on the other? I submitted two last week - GRZ to MUC and FRA to MAN - the first was fine the second caused your error - same ticket number as well!

Everyone I've talked to at MP has acknowledged the issue and has no idea when it will be fixed...
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Mileage Posting time Avianca Flights Credited to United Mileage Plus

Hello, I am a United Mileage Plus Member. I recently flown several flights on Avianca and provided my Mileage Plus Number for credit. I flew an eligible Fare Class P as stated on the Mileage Plus Website. From your experience, how long does it normally take for the miles to post to Mileage Plus from Avianca. Thanks and Safe Travels

Around 10 days and nothing for the outbound flights. Funnny one ove my return flights posted the next day after flying. Go figure. Plan to file online. Have you had good sucess when filling out the online missing mileage credit form? Thanks and Safe Travels

Last edited by Flying Machine; Mar 17, 2014 at 4:13 pm Reason: Upadate
Old Mar 12, 2014, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
I asked a moderator to move your question to UA forum as it directly relates to MP program and really has nothing to do with *A.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
I asked a moderator to move your question to UA forum as it directly relates to MP program and really has nothing to do with *A.
Why is that? MP has no recourse as they only receive the miles. I am curious to know what other *Alliance Members opinions are? This is the first time I have flown another *Alliance Carrier and requested that the Mileage be posted to another account (MP) other than the host carrier (AV). Thanks and Safe Travels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.