Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
last week flew ALC-BRU-FCO on SN, all on the same day, same eticket/PNR.

BRU-FCO posted about 36 hours after travel, ALC-BRU never posted.

the greatest calamity of this is that i found myself 183 miles short of 1K before my return trip FCO-IAD-SMF, meaning i only got 75% RDM bonus instead of 100% RDM bonus -- leaving about 2000 RDM on the table
Old Nov 11, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: Most of them
ANy general rule on how long it takes miles to post?

Here is one someone knows.... I didn't find it with a search.

I flew IAH-IAD and then a few hrs later caught IAD-DXB. The first leg posted to my account 5 days ago and the other hasn't yet. I don't normally check these but the second leg puts me into 1k for the year. Still hoping that the return + remaining trips to Rio and SCE put me over the GS edge..... It doesn't really matter to me but I am sure there must be some general rule about how long it takes --- maybe international/weekends are longer but this seems like a big difference... J/C, thanks
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fracmeister
Here is one someone knows.... I didn't find it with a search.

I flew IAH-IAD and then a few hrs later caught IAD-DXB. The first leg posted to my account 5 days ago and the other hasn't yet. I don't normally check these but the second leg puts me into 1k for the year. Still hoping that the return + remaining trips to Rio and SCE put me over the GS edge..... It doesn't really matter to me but I am sure there must be some general rule about how long it takes --- maybe international/weekends are longer but this seems like a big difference... J/C, thanks
There is an entire thread dealing with this - mods, can you move this?

In any event, UA metal flights don't generally post before 48 hours after arrival. OTOH, flights on partners like LH and OS post in 24 hours after arrival - go figure.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
24H to Never
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:12 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by halls120
In any event, UA metal flights don't generally post before 48 hours after arrival....
I have consistently finding lately that UA flights are posting in about 30 hours.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Mine post 36 to 48 hours after arrival. If your flight doesn't post, see:
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...ageCredit.aspx
Old Nov 11, 2013, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I have consistently finding lately that UA flights are posting in about 30 hours.
My OS flight IAD-VIE last Thursday posted 24 hours after arrival. My LH flight VIE-FRA Saturday posted 24 hours after arrival. My UA flight FRA-IAD Saturday posted 44 hours after arrival. Two weeks ago, my IAD-LAX, LAX-SFO and SFO-IAD flights - all UA mainline - posted 48 hours after arrival.

I think it's hilarious that codeshare flights on partner metal post faster than flights on UA metal.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:39 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
I flew from VCE to BOS on Fri, first leg on LH, others on UA. LH posted Saturday, UA posted Sunday afternoon, between 36 and 48 hours after the last flight landed.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:20 pm

Programs: Most of them
OK, posted. < 24 hrs for the domestic flight and almost 6 days for the international leg. I suppose every system has its vagaries
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:08 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fracmeister
I suppose every system has its vagaries
That's putting it rather more kindly than I would.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
TAM denied mileage credit

I took a roundtrip flight back in March between LGA and Buenos Aires via IAD and GRU. The GRU-EZE flights were operated by TAM and the rest by UA. I never received mileage credit for the TAM flights but did for the UA flights. I tried submitting a request 3 times now. Apparently it got denied because the of the Fare class was not eligible. I still have the official itinerary confirmation from TAM noting the fare class for the 2 flights as "V" which should earn 100% on UA according to the class chart on the website. So what can I do to try to get the miles? I still have 1 of the 2 boarding passes.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by aaron1262
I took a roundtrip flight back in March between LGA and Buenos Aires via IAD and GRU. The GRU-EZE flights were operated by TAM and the rest by UA. I never received mileage credit for the TAM flights but did for the UA flights. I tried submitting a request 3 times now. Apparently it got denied because the of the Fare class was not eligible. I still have the official itinerary confirmation from TAM noting the fare class for the 2 flights as "V" which should earn 100% on UA according to the class chart on the website. So what can I do to try to get the miles? I still have 1 of the 2 boarding passes.
Call the MP service center and explain this. If what you say is correct they will manually over ride the system. I've had this happen with SN miles and after a call to UA, they manually take care of it almost immediately if everything is in good order.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: UA GS 0.9MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
LH flight not credited

I flew LH 754 from FRA to BLR about 4 weeks ago in H class (ticketed as UA 8898). My MP number was on the boarding pass which I still have. I have made several requests both by phone to MP and on the UA web forms for the miles to be credited. MP customer service is telling me that LH has not responded to the request even though it is past the 2 week wait period after I submitted the request (which was also a 15 day wait)

Has anyone who has been through this wait guide me here? If LH never responds, how can I get UA to credit the miles? Can I ask an MP supervisor to accept my boarding pass as evidence and force a manual credit?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by anandrg
I flew LH 754 from FRA to BLR about 4 weeks ago in H class (ticketed as UA 8898). My MP number was on the boarding pass which I still have. I have made several requests both by phone to MP and on the UA web forms for the miles to be credited. MP customer service is telling me that LH has not responded to the request even though it is past the 2 week wait period after I submitted the request (which was also a 15 day wait)

Has anyone who has been through this wait guide me here? If LH never responds, how can I get UA to credit the miles? Can I ask an MP supervisor to accept my boarding pass as evidence and force a manual credit?

Thanks in advance.
I had the same problem with an LH India-Germany flight.

LH would "never respond", or UA would say that I-class (yes, upgraded) was not a valid ticket, even though I provided UA with the underlying LH revenue ticket (and the scanned BP (with Indian security stamps on it)) many times.

It took over 3 months for this to post - a flight in Aug 2013 posted only in Dec 2013 - and after many follow-ups to UA.

Almost was going to get LH involved on this one as well...the other segments I flew on the same ticket posted fine, but not the intercontinental segment...
Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by anandrg

Thanks in advance.
Ask for a MP supervisor and explain what has happened. If they see the info on their system matching what you're telling them, they will manually override the process and award the miles. I had that happen with SN flights last year where MP said K earned miles, but SN said they do not credit K so UA had to manually override their own error but it was done

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.