Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
That's all well and good, but was the MP rep able to get your partner miles posted? Or do you still have to wait while the wheels grind slowly but exceedingly fine?
Of course not 15 days, no exceptions - "our systems don't even let us request them until then".

1 step forward, 3 steps back...
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
For those who think I should wait longer than one week, why can't UA be as good as AF or BA, etc? Should I always expect UA to be much worse than other carriers?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
For those who think I should wait longer than one week, why can't UA be as good as AF or BA, etc? Should I always expect UA to be much worse than other carriers?
Apparently yes. And for the CO flyers, note that it wasn't this bad in past but since 3/3 it's been really bad.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by exbayern
Apparently yes. And for the CO flyers, note that it wasn't this bad in past but since 3/3 it's been really bad.
It still wasn't that great w/CO - I credited a couple LX/NH flights to them last year and it took near the full 15 days to post automatically.

But agreed it was decently smooth since ~May or so up until a month ago.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:41 am

What I meant was that a UA 1K for multiple years, I never had issues getting partner miles credited. I can estimate that it was perhaps 1x/year and I do a lot of flying on *A.

But since the 3/3 merger date, things changed dramatically for me.

I can't speak for what it was like for CO customers prior to 3/3, but it certainly seems that UA elites had a sharp decline in this area since the merger.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
What I meant was that a UA 1K for multiple years, I never had issues getting partner miles credited. I can estimate that it was perhaps 1x/year and I do a lot of flying on *A.

But since the 3/3 merger date, things changed dramatically for me.

I can't speak for what it was like for CO customers prior to 3/3, but it certainly seems that UA elites had a sharp decline in this area since the merger.
As an old school UA million miler I completely agree. Even when the Star Alliance was first created it wasn't this bad.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 2:11 pm

Help with UA MileagePlus "Dispute"

I flew JFK-NRT and then HND-LAX-JFK, with the transpac legs operated on ANA metal but ticketed on a UA codeshare.

The United-metal LAX-JFK posted very quickly to my account, but the ANA legs (i.e. the big mileage ones I need) never did. I called up United MileagePlus to inquire, and was told they were missing my ticket #, so I provided. 2 weeks later, and still no miles... so I called up again and they informed me the the mileage was in "dispute" between UA and ANA.

I really need the miles to clear for some travel I have coming up, but UA is of no help beyond telling me "it's in dispute". Does anyone have advice for how to move this along? Thanks for listening!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Everyone's missing *A miles posting to MP the past ~4 weeks - join the club unfortunately
Old Nov 12, 2012, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Everyone's missing *A miles posting to MP the past ~4 weeks - join the club unfortunately
Really? I didn't see a thread indicating such, is there one?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by MattPol
Really? I didn't see a thread indicating such, is there one?
Agreed - this is first I've heard about "everyone" in this boat - but I will add that out of 8 segments flown on *A, only 1 has posted, and we're now at 4 weeks from first flight.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I have not had any problems with LH posting quickly.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by keisari
I have not had any problems with LH posting quickly.
Have you flown them since mid-October? The past 3-4 weeks seems to be when the troubles have arisen.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by stimpy
I had two LH flights one week ago and a couple LX flights more recently. None have posted. (sigh)
+1. I have not had a single LH flight post since March that I didn't have to call/email multiple times to get credited after long delays.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat *G/DL Plat/Marriott Ti/WoH Glob
Me too. Flew 2 LH segments last week neither of which have posted. I'll echo that this is highly irregular for LH IME
Old Nov 12, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G

I just received an email from my customer relations contact after filing another DOT claim, assuring me that she sent my request to MP and that miles should be posted within 72 hours, and chiding me to remember that 'partner miles may take up to three weeks to post'. (Not the 14 days usually quoted)
Missing US segments for over 3 weeks now, despite filing the stupid request on united.com. The trip had both UA and US segements, so its absolutely asenine that I can see the receipt with US segments on United.com, but havnt gotten my miles.

Sent a message to Shannon, but nothing yet.

Should we all start filing with the DOT?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.