Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, youll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:20 pm

Programs: AAGold, United 1K, HHDiamond, Hertz#1 President's Circle
Seems to be it is getting better
Becuase my thursday 03/15 UA metal was posted today.

but still 03/11 united express is still missing
and other 3 legs in that itinerary was posted
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PL, SPG G, Hyatt P,
LX Flights on 2/9 and 2/10 have still not posted. Waited to do online documentation 2 weeks out, but the online system for partner flights was shut down on the 14th day. Have now sent in documentation. Nothing is easy now.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
My two partner flights from 3/3 and 3/4 have finally posted correctly - this after not posting and then posting and then being deducted.

Keeping fingers crossed they don't get deducted again tomorrow!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold, United Club, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Gold, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by semifrequentflyer
Anyone have any luck with United Express flights posting yet? It's been a week, but it doesn't seem like too long compared to what some others are going through. When I try to request mileage using the ticket number I get a message indicating I was already awarded the mileage because the mainline United segments have posted on that itinerary.
My UX flights from 3/12 and 3/13 have not yet posted as of this afternoon 3/18.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 3:34 pm

15 days for miles to post?

I just called MP to request mileage credit for flights on Mar 10. Got answered by an agent in ~5 sec after repeatedly calling "agent". She asked me to be patient, since it now took 15 days for flight miles to post.

Anyone received the same message from CSR? I saw a thread talking about the "5-day new policy", and another flight of mine on Mar 14 posted within 3 days. I bet the agent was providing inaccurate info (maybe she had been misinformed), or simply unwilling to help. Called United several times after 3/3 and now I am increasingly missing the era of PMUA when all the agents I talked to were informative and helpful.

I am in no hurry to get the miles. However the "ON" on my BP just makes me tend to believe I will never receive the mileage credit if I do not call. I applied a regional before 3/3 and it should've been "R".
Old Mar 18, 2012, 4:34 pm

I flew on Mar 5 and 14 on ANA S class, RDM posted, EQM didn't.
Also, my Premier Qualifying segment shows -2 as of 03/01/2012.

I'm assuming it's just glitches, so I'll wait some more, but if those are not EQM (even though I guess they are as it's stated on United's website) I will have to seriously rethink!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by stellarlight
She asked me to be patient, since it now took 15 days for flight miles to post.
I have just had two US segments flown Friday night post on Sunday afternoon, less than 48 hours later.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220
I have just had two US segments flown Friday night post on Sunday afternoon, less than 48 hours later.
I also had one segment that posted within 72 hours. Interestingly, for me only the upgraded segments failed to post. So I suppose that is due to system glitches that have not been fixed.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1MM
Originally Posted by stellarlight
I am in no hurry to get the miles. However the "ON" on my BP just makes me tend to believe I will never receive the mileage credit if I do not call. I applied a regional before 3/3 and it should've been "R".
I have exactly this same issue. On 3-cabin planes, the Y->C upgrade posted just fine, while the Y->F UG on 2-cabin aircraft shows ON on the BP and has not posted.

Anyone seen these post...eventually? (One of mine is now 10 days out...)

Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:41 am

Anyone have any luck with United Express flights posting yet? It's been a week, but it doesn't seem like too long compared to what some others are going through. When I try to request mileage using the ticket number I get a message indicating I was already awarded the mileage because the mainline United segments have posted on that itinerary.
My express flight on 3/6 hasn't posted yet. In fact non of my express flights are posted
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Question Missing Miles and Posting Times (Rant and Questions)

I'm a former CO-Gold now UA MP Primer Plat flyer. In the OnePass days CO miles would post <24 hours to my account (Excellent). Now United miles are posted 3 days after flying (still very good by any measure) When I fly Lufthansa or US Airways I get the miles posted in <1 week (not bad for a partner airline)...why is it that SAA and THY always take 30+ days or more? Multiple times I have wait for the 15 day window for the miles that I KNOW are not going to post, (contact service center, get a claim number), then I wait 15 more days for the miles not to post (contact service center for follow up), then I have to wait 15 days after a manager tells me the are researching the flights and they will get back to me...

Do any of the more established flyers have ANY tips/tricks suggestions, ANYTHING to get partner miles to post faster? A secret Bat-Phone to the SAA insider??? Anything...

I can't WAIT until UA flies Dreamliners from IAH to JNB and EWR to IST!!!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: AAGold, United 1K, HHDiamond, Hertz#1 President's Circle
my express flight on 3/11 hasn't posted yet
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I'm down to 3 unposted segments:

2/28 - ORD- RDU on UA Express
3/3 - ORD-DIA on Mainline UA - upgraded to F
3/3 - ORD-MSY on UA Express - upgraded to F
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
On a whim, I tried calling MP to see if I could get my February LX flights credited. Lo and behold the agent did it while I was on the phone! I had to give her my ticket number, flights and booking codes, but she did it. However she could only do the outbound since it hasn't yet been 15 days since my return LX flights. So I'll have to call back in a couple days to get those credited.

Also, she said it would take up to 15 days to show up in my account online. But still this is progress, eh?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Originally Posted by stimpy
On a whim, I tried calling MP to see if I could get my February LX flights credited. Lo and behold the agent did it while I was on the phone! I had to give her my ticket number, flights and booking codes, but she did it. However she could only do the outbound since it hasn't yet been 15 days since my return LX flights. So I'll have to call back in a couple days to get those credited.

Also, she said it would take up to 15 days to show up in my account online. But still this is progress, eh?
Well - what she *actually* did was send a request to the *A partner to credit the miles to your account. The back end agreement is that the *A partner has 15 to respond by crediting your account with the miles, or an explanation of why the miles wont count. If there is no response in 15 days, MP is allowed to re-submit the request. (wait 15 days) After a 2nd non-response from the *A partner, MP agents can kick it up to MP management to call their counterparts at *A partner to make it happen. Their counterparts have 15 days to respond to the phone call...(tick-toc)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.