Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:41 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Calling also will work well in many cases.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:50 am

Thumbs up Thanks, Flying Machine!

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Yes, in a case like this call the Premier Number on the back of your card and request to speak with the Mileage Plus Service Center...Let us know how it works out. ..
You were spot on! I called the MPSC back on Monday (July 14) and spoke to a rep, who said that she "saw in the sytem" that UA had sent the request to A3 a total of three times, going back to June 6th. She said that she would submit again, too.

Suddenly, last night (July 16th) the miles suddenly posted, and now all is good.

Thanks again for the suggestion to call the MPSC, instead of relying on the website and 1K voice internet options.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by IAATM
You were spot on! I called the MPSC back on Monday (July 14) and spoke to a rep, who said that she "saw in the sytem" that UA had sent the request to A3 a total of three times, going back to June 6th. She said that she would submit again, too.

Suddenly, last night (July 16th) the miles suddenly posted, and now all is good.

Thanks again for the suggestion to call the MPSC, instead of relying on the website and 1K voice internet options.
Happy to know that it all worked out! Safe Travels..
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by exerda
I'm still waiting on: 7/11 LH, 7/13 OS. 7/10 UA and 7/13 AC have posted from my recent trip. I'm not holding my breath on the LH segment and am resigned to having to manually request it once .bomb will actually allow me to do so...
AC showed up yesterday. We're a week now without LH, and 5 days for OS. Sigh.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:47 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
If the partner airline doesn't respond to the claim, can UA manually credit the miles?
Old Jul 19, 2014, 1:12 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SilverChris
If the partner airline doesn't respond to the claim, can UA manually credit the miles?
Can UA - yes, will UA - that will depend (I have had it go both ways)
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Can UA - yes, will UA - that will depend (I have had it go both ways)
My claim with CA was rejected, apparently because my name was "not on the passenger list".

UA claims there's nothing they can do while CA keeps pointing the finger back at UA saying it's their problem as I'm claiming with UA.

Any ideas on how to convince UA to credit my miles?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
2 LH flights from 3 July not posted yet. Have requested on .bomb both under the UA ticket/flight numbers and the LH (partner- wait 15 days) flight numbers. Will advise if/when posted.

Requested 15 July for UA as carrier, 18 July for LH (partner claim)- credit received on 20 July

Last edited by zebranz; Jul 20, 2014 at 9:01 pm Reason: update
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I submitted mileage requests for 2 LH flights today, after the 15 day wait period. Its one ticket, on 016 stock.

While typing the info into UA.com, I noticed something I thought was strange. On the boarding pass for segment 1, checked in and printed at UA.com, the ticket number on the boarding pass has an extra "4" at the end. It doesn't match the receipt. Segment 2, from LH kiosk has the correct ticket number. Everything else looks fine on both otherwise.

I've never paid attention to this before, but could the extra number be causing the mileage credit issue? Or is this somehow normal on the BP? Anyone else notice this?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold
It would be pretty cool if we FTers could piece together the pattern, and then come up with the trick to avoid the issue.

So with that, here's my data point off of BPs
01624031208380 - OLCI
0162403120838 - Airport LH check-in counter (FCO)
0162403120839 - Ask GA to print at a gate that wasn't busy (IAD)

Unfortunately, only deepens the mystery. (I scan my BPs after a trip)
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FTstudent
It would be pretty cool if we FTers could piece together the pattern, and then come up with the trick to avoid the issue.

So with that, here's my data point off of BPs
01624031208380 - OLCI
0162403120838 - Airport LH check-in counter (FCO)
0162403120839 - Ask GA to print at a gate that wasn't busy (IAD)

Unfortunately, only deepens the mystery. (I scan my BPs after a trip)
So you had an extra 0 after OLCI and I had an extra 4 after OLCI. I have a full UA domestic rt next week, so I will check my BP's and see if they have the extra digit. Not sure it matters, but no one has said it doesn't yet.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:28 pm

Should have thought to look back at some of my other BPs from this year in my last post. The OLCI has an extra digit on all of them. The airport printers that print on logo-ed paper stock all drop the last digit. The airport printers that use that grade of paper barely thicker than tissue paper also print the extra digit.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by exerda
AC showed up yesterday. We're a week now without LH, and 5 days for OS. Sigh.
LH segment finally posted, on day 14--just before .bomb would let me file a missing miles request. OS is now at 12 days; maybe they'll show up Sunday.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:01 am

My LH flights finally posted as well.
7/7 - Flights
7/22 - Called MPCS. (First sentence was, "let me check if its been 15 days"). MP rep put in the flights.
7/26 - Flight activity showing on MP account.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 12:10 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by tnkngn
Hello all,

two of my recent SQ flights have yet to post (one on 27/06 and another on 06/07), both flights were an E fare class economy fare.

OTOH, my Shenzhen Airlines flight from two days ago already posted.

Anybody have similiar recent experience that SQ flights post slow, or not at all?
SQ is indeed taking very long to post. I'm still waiting for miles for my flight on July 24. Historically, SQ flights used to post within 48 hours.

Additionally, I'm also waiting for credit on two AI flights on July 22 and 23.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.