Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Sorry to hear. I would send in you eticket and Boarding Passes to:

[email protected]

Recap the segments, flight numbers, seat numbers. Eticket # and MP# in the body of your email. You will be assigned a case number. They recognize your MP status with their return email. Keep on it.. Yes time consuming however you will prevail.. I think this method works best for their back office (I had an old time rep state the same to me and it actually worked..)

Safe Travels
Yea I used the 1KVoice email with that info originally. After responding to that e-mail yesterday saying it was unacceptable for me to wait 90 days and to have to continue tracking what should be an automatic process, I got a call and manual crediting this morning. Thanks for the help and feedback on your process getting credit. ^
Old May 14, 2014, 5:11 pm

No mileage credit for UA tkt stock in Business Class on Austrian metal?

Bought a Business Class ticket on united.com to VIE. Ticketed in P, boarded in C but no miles show up.

Apply online for mileage credit, nothing happens.

Call service center, they say that no United miles earned in P class on OS !!!

Is it possible that Economy Class tickets earn miles on OS but more expensive Business Class tickets get nothing?
Old May 14, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by GrafShutka
Bought a Business Class ticket on united.com to VIE. Ticketed in P, boarded in C but no miles show up.

Apply online for mileage credit, nothing happens.

Call service center, they say that no United miles earned in P class on OS !!!

Is it possible that Economy Class tickets earn miles on OS but more expensive Business Class tickets get nothing?
Im confused: What is OS? According to this MP Chart P is not an Mile Acrual Fare Basis:

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=302

You are suppose to get additional PQM's for Business as well. Where is the P Class coming from?
Old May 14, 2014, 6:31 pm

OS is the code for Austrian Airlines, a Star Alliance carrier.

P class is one of the booking codes used for Business Class.

The united.com pages for their partner, Austrian Airlines, states;

"The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class. This could result in differences between the purchased booking class and the booking class flown, which determines the number of base and Premier qualifying miles and Premier qualifying segments earned. "

So even though my ticket stock was United (016) and the booking class was P, the "booking class flown" on Austrian was C (as shown on the boarding pass).

My question is why doesn't United credit me any miles for a Business Class ticket bought from them on their own Website and flown on Austrian Airlines in C class?
Old May 14, 2014, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
OS is the code for Austrian Airlines, a Star Alliance carrier.

P class is one of the booking codes used for Business Class.

The united.com pages for their partner, Austrian Airlines, states;

"The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class. This could result in differences between the purchased booking class and the booking class flown, which determines the number of base and Premier qualifying miles and Premier qualifying segments earned. "

So even though my ticket stock was United (016) and the booking class was P, the "booking class flown" on Austrian was C (as shown on the boarding pass).

My question is why doesn't United credit me any miles for a Business Class ticket bought from them on their own Website and flown on Austrian Airlines in C class?
Sorry that is not the proper analysis. The "C" on your boarding pass denotes class of service (business), not fare class. Akin to "Y" for economy and "F" for first. This is quite common on non-US carriers.

You had an OS P fare. OS was operating carrier. So credit is determined by the partner earning chart. P on OS does not officially earn miles. There have been mixed reports whether UA will grant credit notwithstanding. credit-austrian-p-class.
Old May 14, 2014, 8:02 pm

That is an interesting point of view and thanks for the link to the other thread.

Since I actually purchased a United P class Business class fare, for which the determining factor of mileage accrual (according to the United Airlines Mileage Plus reference page) is the "equivalent flown" class on Austrian Airlines (in this case C class), I was wondering why Economy passengers can get mileage accrual but not Business class passengers?

After all, since United doesn't fly this route, but promotes OS on their own united.com website, it seems vindictive to not allow Star Alliance partner mileage accrual. If that was their intent, united.com should have highlighted a warning message that higher priced Business class bookings accrue no miles, but cheap economy class bookings get miles.
Old May 14, 2014, 8:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
That is an interesting point of view and thanks for the link to the other thread.

Since I actually purchased a United P class Business class fare, for which the determining factor of mileage accrual (according to the United Airlines Mileage Plus reference page) is the "equivalent flown" class on Austrian Airlines (in this case C class), I was wondering why Economy passengers can get mileage accrual but not Business class passengers?
It's not a point of view, it is the way the rules work.

P is discount business class, the cheapest that either UA or OS sells. That said, it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense why P accrues miles on UA, LH, and LX, but not OS.

It's always a good idea to do your homework on mileage accrual prior to purchase in order to avoid such disappointments.
Old May 19, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Question Silver Airlines (3M) United Express flight

Anyone have experience in how long it takes for Silver Airlines dba United Express for miles to post?
Old May 20, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by marlee1421
Anyone have experience in how long it takes for Silver Airlines dba United Express for miles to post?
If it was a UAX flight, it should post within 48 hours like any other UA operated flight, since it's all handled by UA's systems.

If you flew Silver Airways as a standalone carrier (i.e. FLL-Bahamas or other non-UAX routes) then those will not post automatically, and you'll have to submit a claim for them. For some reason, Silver's use of Sabre and United's SHARES 'talk' with regards to check-in and other functions, but not for post flight closeout mileage posting.
Old May 22, 2014, 12:29 pm

I was searching in the wrong place and never saw this thread, but after working the problem and getting told a couple different times by customer service that they would not grant credit for P Class on Austrian, I found the following post from UA Insider (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21630543-post38.html) and after citing that to customer service, I got the following reply granting me credit. Might consider taking that approach.

--------

Hello Mr. xxxxxx,

Thanks for participating in the MileagePlus® program!

I apologize for the delay and the misinformation given to you. We do have a form
that we can use to request for the P class on Austrian Airlines. I have submitted
the form and documented your account.

It can take up to an additional 30 days for the miles to appear on your account.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Regards,

xxxxxxx
MileagePlus
Old May 22, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Nice outcome.. Glad to hear that your P Class Flights will post. I had a nice experience with the MP Office recently and its refreshing when they seem to advocate for their members. Safe Travels
Old May 22, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
Originally Posted by dulcamara
Anyone out there having any luck with Brussels Air? I'm still waiting for an early March flight to post. I have two more segments with these guys in June.

I filed online for the miles at .bomb two weeks after the flight. No luck yet.
I also have a flight from early march on SN that has not posted yet. Getting a bit tired of calling
Old May 30, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: UA MP, DL SkyMiles
Delay in posting miles from LH segments?

Has anybody else noticed delay in posting miles to UAMP account for LH operated flights?

Last year I have a UA-LH combination issued on LH and LH miles posted quicker than UA into UAMP account.

This time UA issued ticket and LH miles haven't posted at all - need to submit missing miles request now....

Anybody seeing similar issues?
Old May 30, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: United 1K
I've flown 6 LH segments this year so far and none posted naturally. Just wait 3 or 4 weeks and call and they'll adjust your PQM and PQD properly for you manually. If you call too soon they'll dismiss you and say "they sometimes take up to 3 weeks to post."

Annoying, but at least easy to fix.
Old May 30, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
Delay in posting miles from LH segments?

Haven't had an issue with LH, LX or OZ so far this year - all posted within 5 working days. All been Y - would check booking class though, there are now some classes not eligible for EQM (not sure if relevant to you).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.