Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
I bought the P-class LAX-SAL-LIM-SCL-LIM-SAL-LAX deal a few months back and flew it. I requested credit from the form online and also called because I got an error stating: "Our records indicate that you may have submitted incorrect data. Please resubmit your request." (despite it being correct)

When I called, I was informed that LAX-SAL and SAL-LAX was not eligible because the MP credit page states:

Destinations: From hubs in Bogota, Colombia (BOG), San Salvador, El Salvador (SAL), Lima, Peru (LIM) and San Jose, Costa Rica, (SJO) to destinations throughout Central and South America and Europe.

and doesn't include "from hubs to North America/United States". Is that true? Will I not get credit on the LAX-SAL and SAL-LAX flights?

Thanks!
Hmm, Thats an interesting reply that you received. P class is an Fare Class that earns 100% per the UA site. I read the same as you quoted, that would be very deceiving if it turned out that way. Keep us posted ( as what you heard from 1 MP Rep may not be the same from another) Have you sent in your BP's and E Ticket, that should start a formal interaction between UA and AV. BTW, I am guessing AV but you did not confirm the airline in your OP..
Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Flew LH and TG and was impressed by how quickly both posted. LH was within 2 days and TG was within 3.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Hmm, Thats an interesting reply that you received. P class is an Fare Class that earns 100% per the UA site. I read the same as you quoted, that would be very deceiving if it turned out that way. Keep us posted ( as what you heard from 1 MP Rep may not be the same from another) Have you sent in your BP's and E Ticket, that should start a formal interaction between UA and AV. BTW, I am guessing AV but you did not confirm the airline in your OP..
Yeah I'm not sure. I haven't sent in the BP/eTicket yet. Just filled out the form and then called MP Service Center. I'll wait until it's been 15 days since I completed it (when the agent said it should post) before emailing. My MP Service Rep confirmed with a supervisor and they said the same thing. That seems silly, especially for a Star Alliance member flight. '

You were on a similar trip right? Has yours finally posted? What a pain in the butt AV has been.

Last edited by AndrewT84; Apr 13, 2014 at 10:24 am
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, SW Preferred, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Etihad Gold Elite
I flew LAX-SJO-SCL on March 21st, and then returned same leg on March 28th.

Start- LAX-SJO was "accepted", miles still haven't posted, SJO-LAX also "accepted", miles still haven't posted.

When i called and spoke with an agent she said to file the request online and they would be approved. "P" class is 100% eligible she says.

We say see. Filed flights down last week, and filed flights back up today.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by KGDIII
I flew LAX-SJO-SCL on March 21st, and then returned same leg on March 28th.

Start- LAX-SJO was "accepted", miles still haven't posted, SJO-LAX also "accepted", miles still haven't posted.

When i called and spoke with an agent she said to file the request online and they would be approved. "P" class is 100% eligible she says.

We say see. Filed flights down last week, and filed flights back up today.
Thanks for your Update. What does "accepted" mean? Just curious. Thanks and Safe Travels..
Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: Who knows anymore. It's a f---ing pandemic.
Just submitted to the online form for LH leg on 016 tkt 3/30. (Arguable whether 15 days are up, I guess).
Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
Anyone out there having any luck with Brussels Air? I'm still waiting for an early March flight to post. I have two more segments with these guys in June.

I filed online for the miles at .bomb two weeks after the flight. No luck yet.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, SW Preferred, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Etihad Gold Elite
@flyingmachine- When i went through the manual process on .bomb it sends an email confirming your requests.

The accepted legs read "This request has been accepted and will be sent to the partner."
The denied read "Our records indicate that you may have submitted incorrect data. Please resubmit your request." Even though all information was correct. Which then required me to submit a contact form to UA through www.united.com/contactmp
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:23 am

Programs: UA GS
I FINALLY got my LH-operated UA codeshare flights from 3 1/2 weeks ago to post, after calling, submitting, and emailing MP.

Of course, they posted as Ineligible for PQD, even though the other 2 LH flights on the same exact ticket posted properly, so I had to call back for an adjustment on those. I was especially annoyed with this one flight because it put me over the 75k/7500PQD mark for this year, and I want my RPUs!

I will avoid booking a UA codeshare at all costs if I want the miles in a timely manner.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 6:09 pm

Yeah I'm not sure. I haven't sent in the BP/eTicket yet. Just filled out the form and then called MP Service Center. I'll wait until it's been 15 days since I completed it (when the agent said it should post) before emailing. My MP Service Rep confirmed with a supervisor and they said the same thing. That seems silly, especially for a Star Alliance member flight. '

You were on a similar trip right? Has yours finally posted? What a pain in the butt AV has been.
It's been over a month since my LAX-SCL trip and past 14 days since my Missing Credit request and still nothing for the trip, even for the flights that said "Accepted".

Resorted emailing 1KVoice today so hopefully there'll be some resolution sooner than later.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: Who knows anymore. It's a f---ing pandemic.
Just called MP since after 3/30 LH codeshare flight, and 4/14 resubmission, still nothing. Was told that they have fixed the "dropping the zero" problem but now LH can't translate UA flight numbers into LH flight numbers, so can't process requests. MP CR had to manually enter LH number, and now we wait another 15 days and see....
Old May 3, 2014, 9:59 am

I am at the point that I am submitting e-ticket and BP's. The agent from UA said that this process uses the "Liason" and may take up to 6 weeks for a resolution with Avianca. Is that your experience? Thanks and Safe Travels
After submitting my e ticket and Boarding Passes, another email or two and a call or two (follow up with MP). All flights have posted. Took awhile but I was pesistent.
Thanks and Safe Travels..

Last edited by Flying Machine; May 4, 2014 at 9:59 pm
Old May 11, 2014, 8:17 pm

After submitting my e ticket and Boarding Passes, another email or two and a call or two (follow up with MP). All flights have posted. Took awhile but I was pesistent.
Thanks and Safe Travels..
Lucky you. I elevated to a Service Director and they re-submitted again and refused to elevate to a "Liason". I spoke to a new agent and she said that they're going to talk to Avianca and it may take up to 3 months IF Avianca deems its eligible. It's already been 2 months. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.
Old May 12, 2014, 10:44 am

Lucky you. I elevated to a Service Director and they re-submitted again and refused to elevate to a "Liason". I spoke to a new agent and she said that they're going to talk to Avianca and it may take up to 3 months IF Avianca deems its eligible. It's already been 2 months. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.
Sorry to hear. I would send in you eticket and Boarding Passes to:

[email protected]

Recap the segments, flight numbers, seat numbers. Eticket # and MP# in the body of your email. You will be assigned a case number. They recognize your MP status with their return email. Keep on it.. Yes time consuming however you will prevail.. I think this method works best for their back office (I had an old time rep state the same to me and it actually worked..)

Safe Travels
Old May 12, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
For me Lufthansa is terrible. I always end up filling out the request form. After that I receive the points within 4 days.
Though hear this one.... I flew with SWISS from Copenhagen-Zurich-Dubai this weekend. I received the miles on my account after 2 days!
Or how about this one....I flew AUSTRIAN from Dubai to Vienna and got the miles for that in the evening the VERY SAME DAY ^^ Not bad.....not bad at all

----> correction/update about Lufthansa.
Yesterday I flew Frankfurt-Stavanger and the miles just came in now! WOW!!

Last edited by Tor Viking; May 12, 2014 at 12:06 pm Reason: Lufthansa did good afterall

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.