Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by ticu
It was a Tango ticket in an Air Canada Rouge flight-- it is a very low class but it still should have earned me 25% of the miles i.e. about 500 miles per passenger (the flight was from YYZ to LAS - (non-stop) AC 1853 - March 19, 2014).
I believe you are mistaken.

"Tango" fares are I believe are S, T, L, A, or K fare classes. They are the cheapest and per United.com you will only earn 25% of miles flown (base miles) plus ZERO segments.

Only "Flex" fares earn full miles on Air Canada.

The table on UA.com is confusing, but there is a note with a ** for all flights between USA and Canada (which yours was.)

The note reads:

** Flights within Canada and between Canada and the U.S., Central America, Mexico or the Caribbean. Premier members earn a minimum of 125 base miles in S, T, L, A and K purchased fare classes on these flights.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1k MM
LH flights not posting

Originally Posted by villox
I flew ORD-FRA-DUS and back, outbound 3/23, return 3/29. Entirely on LH.

The outbound was booked as UA codeshare, the return on LH flight numbers. All on one PNR.

The return just posted, but the outbound has not. So indeed, it seems a UA codeshare on an LH flight will simply not post without submitting the form (which you annoyingly can't do until 15 days have passed, even though their system is clearly broken).
None of my recent flights on LH - FRA-ADD, ADD-FRA, FRA-LHR have posted automatically (and MP number is on all BP's). The FRA-ADD posted after waiting 15 days and requesting credit; still waiting for the 15 days to expire to claim the other two. And mileage credit requests have been required for all LH flights in the past few months - Yep, system is indeed broken .
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
[QUOTE "Tango" fares are I believe are S, T, L, A, or K fare classes. They are the cheapest and per United.com you will only earn 25% of miles flown (base miles) plus ZERO segments./ QUOTE]

Yes, this is what I also said. Just that I got nothing (no miles). I won't expect any segment, but was waiting for miles to be posted.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by daffy99
Yep, system is indeed broken .
Depends on the carrier. My AV flights have been consistently posting in 48 hours (with PQDs). This is faster than my UA flights, which are now taking a minimum of 4 days.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
I have two partner flights not posted yet... Jan 1st LH D class (used a GPU to upgrade to O), and OS B class (used cash to upgrade to P). I've emailed 1K voice twice already, and nothing.... what's the best way to solve this?

I've heard conflicting reports regarding OS P class, but before upgrading, I emailed 1K voice asking if I would get the miles based on the purchased fare class (B), which they confirmed.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Have mileage postings been "turned off" again? Haven't had anything post from flight on early Sun yet.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by demkr
Have mileage postings been "turned off" again? Haven't had anything post from flight on early Sun yet.
4 days. That's what all my UA flights have been taking to post in 2014.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
4 days. That's what all my UA flights have been taking to post in 2014.
You must be cursed...while UA is still behind AA/DL in this sense, I've had all my segments post 2 days after the flight this year
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53)

Same here with 2 days. with notable exception of the last flight of which now on day 4
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by tomsam
Start with online form. In most cases this has worked. In a couple of cases (after not posting for additional days), I have had to follow up with an email to [email protected] (which now seems to have been merged into [email protected]) with e-ticket and boarding passes attached. This has worked to resolve all cases that weren't resolved by submitting through the online form.
I am at the point that I am submitting e-ticket and BP's. The agent from UA said that this process uses the "Liason" and may take up to 6 weeks for a resolution with Avianca. Is that your experience? Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:02 pm

My flights from 3/30 have posted; my flight from 3/28 has not. Odd
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:19 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53)

Edit: 3/30 flight just posted

Last edited by demkr; Apr 2, 2014 at 12:26 pm
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
Originally Posted by ticu
Yes, this is what I also said. Just that I got nothing (no miles). I won't expect any segment, but was waiting for miles to be posted.
The miles for my March 19 Air Canada flight posted to my account on April 6.
25% -- it was a "K" fare type (aka "Tango").
Old Apr 9, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
I bought the P-class LAX-SAL-LIM-SCL-LIM-SAL-LAX deal a few months back and flew it. I requested credit from the form online and also called because I got an error stating: "Our records indicate that you may have submitted incorrect data. Please resubmit your request." (despite it being correct)

When I called, I was informed that LAX-SAL and SAL-LAX was not eligible because the MP credit page states:

Destinations: From hubs in Bogota, Colombia (BOG), San Salvador, El Salvador (SAL), Lima, Peru (LIM) and San Jose, Costa Rica, (SJO) to destinations throughout Central and South America and Europe.

and doesn't include "from hubs to North America/United States". Is that true? Will I not get credit on the LAX-SAL and SAL-LAX flights?

Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I am at the point that I am submitting e-ticket and BP's. The agent from UA said that this process uses the "Liason" and may take up to 6 weeks for a resolution with Avianca. Is that your experience? Thanks and Safe Travels
All my issues were resolved within a couple of weeks once I used the email and sent e-ticket and BPs - never had to wait 6 weeks. Hopefully your experience will be the same.

The most annoying thing about the email format is the template answer about how they always enjoy hearing from 1K/MileagePlus members like us. Once I told them to please stop with the enjoying, and to please try to give me more than standard answers about how long it would take to get back to me, I actually got some real information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.