Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MileagePlus: Some reminders regarding the March 3 integration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MileagePlus: Some reminders regarding the March 3 integration

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by uxb
How long is the wind-down period for people using our old UA numbers? I made a reservation w/ a rental car company in December using my UA no. instead of my CO no., and want to ensure that the rental is credited.
I read somewhere, can't find it now, but that it would be recognized until the end of March.

Chris
Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by uxb
How long is the wind-down period for people using our old UA numbers? I made a reservation w/ a rental car company in December using my UA no. instead of my CO no., and want to ensure that the rental is credited.
Have not seen a sepcific cutoff date but UA Insider stated "quite some time."
another poster linked a presentation (now gone) that suggested TA agents had until at least the end of Q2 to switchover.
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi demkr, yes, any reservations that include your Mileage Plus number will automatically be credited to your permanent account number once we’re operating on a single platform.

Hi bmvaughn, until our systems are integrated, everything will continue to work as is does today. After that, we'll handle the mapping of account numbers for quite some time. For example, if a car company sends us your Mileage Plus number for a rental you’ve made, we’ll have this mapped to your new number for earning purposes. That said, you’ll be safe to change your number with any partners as well (but, only after our transition to a single system takes place).

Appreciate you sharing this GoAmtrak,. Since we’re not yet on a single system, between now and late first quarter of next year you can continue to use your Mileage Plus account number in cases like this. We’re diligently working with all of our partners to ensure any required changes are made to their systems as well. We’ll make sure this one is on our radar.

Shannon
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:56 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
I read somewhere, can't find it now, but that it would be recognized until the end of March.

Chris
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Have not seen a sepcific cutoff date but UA Insider stated "quite some time."
another poster linked a presentation (now gone) that suggested TA agents had until at least the end of Q2 to switchover.
Thanks for your answers. I tried searching on the interwebs, but came up with very little. I'll just cross my fingers and toes for no hiccups.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
From an email I just received:

"Online check-in will be available until 1am U.S. Central Time on March 3. At that point, there will be a scheduled system outage lasting approximately 3-4 hours, and we will be unable to serve you online or over the phone during that time."
Old Mar 2, 2012, 4:02 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Email I just received:

We look forward to welcoming you aboard United for your flight this weekend.

Please note that on March 3, United and Continental will be integrating our reservations systems.

Below are some tips to ensure a smooth travel experience during this period:

- Online check-in will be available until 1am U.S. Central Time on March 3. At that point, there will be a scheduled system outage lasting approximately 3-4 hours, and we will be unable to serve you online or over the phone during that time.

- If you are unable to print your boarding pass in advance, or if you have bags to check, please allow extra time at the airport. Additional staff will be available at the airport to assist you.

- Effective March 3, all flights that were scheduled to operate as Continental Airlines (CO) will be operating as United Airlines (UA). Be sure to check united.com or monitors at the airport for correct terminal and gate information.

For more details, please visit us at unitedhub.com.

Thank you for your patience as we take this important step to deliver you a better travel experience.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: UA GS
It's starting

I have a flight at 6am on 3/3. Got the same email as posted above, but:
1. No check-in notification
2. when checking in on web, absolutely NO traveler data shows up in the check-in template. All has to be typed in.
3. check mark for carry-on or number of bags to check is gone too
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
I have a flight at 6am on 3/3. Got the same email as posted above, but:
1. No check-in notification
2. when checking in on web, absolutely NO traveler data shows up in the check-in template. All has to be typed in.
3. check mark for carry-on or number of bags to check is gone too
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate.

Last edited by beltway; Mar 2, 2012 at 11:00 am
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by beltway
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
LOL!
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: UA GS
good one. I guess this is only the 1st circle. what will the 9th circle be?????

Last edited by Plane-is-home; Mar 2, 2012 at 11:49 am
Old Mar 2, 2012, 1:41 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Excellent ^
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Gotta love a literate group!
Old Mar 2, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: Virgin Aus Platinum; UA 1K; Sofitel Platinum (A-Club); Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold / Premium Club
I have a ticket that is still in the manual ticketing queue. Is that being emptied prior to conversion?? If not - what will happen??
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:49 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by GlobalSTL
I have a ticket that is still in the manual ticketing queue. Is that being emptied prior to conversion?? If not - what will happen??
That was why I tried not to do anything that may result in requiring ticket reissue.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:15 am

Programs: MP 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Silver
Check in went fine

Just checked in for my 6am flight...no issues. Flying out of Norfolk. Checked in online yesterday and did not have the checked baggage option either. At the airport just went to the counter showed my I'd and they got my bags taken care of. They actually had everyone's tickets for the day preprinted out. They had triple the normal number of agents behind the counter and several out front to help. It was a little backed up due to weather delays from yesterday, but they were handling it in stride. No line for premier check-in. So far so good.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:24 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Thread closed to prevent forum clutter on conversion weekend.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.