FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "Check Your Itineraries for Schedule Changes" Thread (2012) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1315729-consolidated-check-your-itineraries-schedule-changes-thread-2012-a.html)

aeroman380 Jan 7, 2012 10:49 pm

Consolidated "Check Your Itineraries for Schedule Changes" Thread (2012)

My crazy schedule change from UA:

Spokane, WA (GEG) Denver, CO (DEN)
Flight Depart Arrive Cabin Seats
United 0635
GEG 03:13 PM
DEN 06:29 PM
Economy (V)
Equipment: 319 | Duration: 2h 16m | Non-stop | Fare code: VA30FN
Traveled miles: 836 | Award miles:836 | In-flight meal options

Download to calendar
Denver, CO (DEN) Toronto, ON (YYZ)
United 3675
Operated by:
United Express/gojet Airlines
DEN 06:18 PM
YYZ 11:27 PM
Economy (V)
15A, 15B
Equipment: CR7 | Duration: 3h 9m | Non-stop | Fare code: VA30FN
Traveled miles: 1315 | Award miles:1,315 | No Meal Service

How is this possible? What if I am not available to take an earlier flight?

FriendlySkies Jan 8, 2012 6:10 am

Originally Posted by corruptcanadian (Post 17769970)

United 0635
Economy (V)

Download to calendar
United 3675
Operated by:
Economy (V)
15A, 15B

I've had this happen before.. Was doing a same-day p.s. turn (SFO-JFK-SFO). JFK-SFO was eliminated, and I was reprotected on a flight that left before I landed. :rolleyes:

Quick call to the 1K Desk got it taken care of, and they preserved my upgrades.

In your case, I'd definitely call UA and see what they'll do for you.

cbender Jan 12, 2012 2:10 pm

options after LH *A award schedule change

aeroman380 Jan 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by corruptcanadian (Post 17769970)

United 0635
Economy (V)

Download to calendar
United 3675
Operated by:
Economy (V)
15A, 15B

I called UA about this and they said they could put me on the red eye from SFO, I said no, no, no. They said there was nothing else they could do so I asked for a refund which they provided. Took about 4 days to show back up on my card, but I am glad they were able to give me a refund no charge.

Now I am on the search for new flights and they are actually CHEAPER! yAY!:D

channa Jan 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by corruptcanadian (Post 17867060)
I called UA about this and they said they could put me on the red eye from SFO, I said no, no, no. They said there was nothing else they could do so I asked for a refund which they provided. Took about 4 days to show back up on my card, but I am glad they were able to give me a refund no charge.

Now I am on the search for new flights and they are actually CHEAPER! yAY!:D

Good outcome.

Though for future reference, one thing I like to do is figure out the options before I decide how to handle it. For example, I would want to know the fares are cheaper before calling in. That way I can steer them towards cancellation. If the fares are more, then I would research what I wanted and steer them towards that before calling.

zrs70 Jan 27, 2012 10:52 pm

A couple of March changes have loaded.

SFnFlaGuy Jan 28, 2012 1:49 am

Couple of my March/April flights went from A320 to B752

Glad my flights got upgauged instead of the other way around.

Our CR1 waitlists finally cleared.....

rch4u Jan 28, 2012 6:18 am

Flying LAX-ORD-RIC in April - previously 757/A319. Now, ORD-RIC is a one-cabin RJ after the overnight changes.

Has anyone ever had luck changing the routing to minimize RJ exposure (e.g., LAX-IAD on the 777 and then the 40 minute IAD-RIC RJ hop)?

goalie Jan 29, 2012 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by zrs70 (Post 17901881)
A couple of March changes have loaded.

As did April as well and not happy about it...

goalie-parents went from a 58 minute conx COex to CO mainline at IAH to a 38 minute COex to CO mainline conx and I went from a 2 hour planned conx to a 3 hour 20 minute conx and now arriving after midnight. Even tho all u/g's for goalie-parents and myself held and where I can live with my schedule change, I couldn't get anyone to budge on goalie-parents' itin as it is still is a legal conx (tho imho, it's a misconx waiting to happen so I'm gonna hope that there will be another schedule change for April)

pdx1M Jan 29, 2012 1:38 pm

Strange change in April - PDX-ORD 928 went away on Tuesdays. It's there the other weekdays. Of course, we were on that to connect to MUC/BCN. So now instead of 11am departure we get the 7:30 to IAD to MUC. We did get UA to change the LH segment to BCN to the next earlier one to avoid 4 hours at MUC but getting into BCN extra early wasn't that desirable. I do wonder what they do with that aircraft on Tuesdays though? :confused:

SFO 1K Jan 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 17910024)

goalie-parents went from a 58 minute conx COex to CO mainline at IAH to a 38 minute COex to CO mainline conx... I couldn't get anyone to budge on goalie-parents' itin as it is still is a legal conx (tho imho, it's a misconx waiting to happen so I'm gonna hope that there will be another schedule change for April)

I want someone from PMCO to explain to me how these under 45 min conx are even remotely reasonable, never mind legal. I had an itinerary offered up to me with a 36 min connection - between CoEX and Mainline. Mainline boards 35 min before departure. The likelihood of a terminal change, plus the likeliness of a late arriving CoEx flight makes this beyond absurd.

I've had success once when a travel agent booked such an itinerary getting the Plat desk to book me on a later connection, but I would never knowingly book that tight a schedule. And it seems incredibly common to have it offered.

rch4u Jan 29, 2012 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by pdx1M (Post 17910078)
I do wonder what they do with that aircraft on Tuesdays though? :confused:

Don't fly it if it isn't earning a profit. :)

goalie Jan 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K (Post 17910118)

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 17910024)

goalie-parents went from a 58 minute conx COex to CO mainline at IAH to a 38 minute COex to CO mainline conx and I went from a 2 hour planned conx to a 3 hour 20 minute conx and now arriving after midnight. Even tho all u/g's for goalie-parents and myself held and where I can live with my schedule change, I couldn't get anyone to budge on goalie-parents' itin as it is still is a legal conx (tho imho, it's a misconx waiting to happen so I'm gonna hope that there will be another schedule change for April)

I want someone from PMCO to explain to me how these under 45 min conx are even remotely reasonable, never mind legal. I had an itinerary offered up to me with a 36 min connection - between CoEX and Mainline. Mainline boards 35 min before departure. The likelihood of a terminal change, plus the likeliness of a late arriving CoEx flight makes this beyond absurd.

I've had success once when a travel agent booked such an itinerary getting the Plat desk to book me on a later connection, but I would never knowingly book that tight a schedule. And it seems incredibly common to have it offered.

Tell me about it :mad: (and on some flights boarding is 45 minutes before departure). This is gonna be a fun one for goalie-parents tho I haven't told them about the schedule change yet as where I tried your "boarding reasoning" on the phone and was met with the $150 change fee and etc, I'm flying this Saturday so I'll see if the folks at SFO can do something about it

hellyea Jan 30, 2012 6:44 pm

The 5pm SEA-DEN went away atleast on March 4, so they rebooked me on a red eye that gets me in at 5AM rather than 1AM into Chicago. What do you guys think is a better option. We are going to be in Seattle for a day to sightsee whatever we can in a day. Original flight UA 894 left at 5:44PM to connect in DEN.

Options:
SEA 11:35PM (nonstop) into ORD at 5:10AM (less miles & EQS)
SEA 3:21PM via DEN into ORD @ 11:30PM
SEA 3:58PM via SFO into ORD @ 12:55AM
SEA 7:42PM via SFO into ORD @ 5:08AM
also a few LAX connections that leave SEA @ 5xx pm but also red eyes into Chicago

How much can I do in SEA in one day....will need to check out of the hotel by ~2pm or so. Thanks!

channa Jan 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by hellyea (Post 17918784)
The 5pm SEA-DEN went away atleast on March 4, so they rebooked me on a red eye that gets me in at 5AM rather than 1AM into Chicago. What do you guys think is a better option. We are going to be in Seattle for a day to sightsee whatever we can in a day. Original flight UA 894 left at 5:44PM to connect in DEN.

Options:
SEA 11:35PM (nonstop) into ORD at 5:10AM (less miles & EQS)
SEA 3:21PM via DEN into ORD @ 11:30PM
SEA 3:58PM via SFO into ORD @ 12:55AM
SEA 7:42PM via SFO into ORD @ 5:08AM
also a few LAX connections that leave SEA @ 5xx pm but also red eyes into Chicago

How much can I do in SEA in one day....will need to check out of the hotel by ~2pm or so. Thanks!

It really depends on your objective. SEA-DEN-ORD is not significantly longer than a nonstop. If you want the extra evening in SEA, stick with the redeye. The hotel can always hold your bags.

If you want to maximize miles, try for SEA-LAX-ORD or something that adds distance.

It's really your call.