Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Check Your Itineraries for Schedule Changes" Thread (2012)

Consolidated "Check Your Itineraries for Schedule Changes" Thread (2012)

Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:39 pm

Programs: Platinum
Looks like my May red eye sfo-iad on CO is having a flight number change. Co.com won't let me look at my seats yet.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:46 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Dang it..... I always get concerned when this thread pops up to the top and this time I got hit.

I haven't connected through ORD in a long time, but have a feeling 25 min (35 actaully but they close the door 10 minutes early) is not enough time between PHX-ORD (UA656) and ORD-EWR (CO1496).

Let's spend some time figuring this one out
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:07 am

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I noticed that CO.com has difficulties with generating seat maps after this schedule change (12 hours after confirming my schedule change, some flights are not available on the seat map). I realize that it's a bit easier than calling united.com after every change, but I wonder if I need to call and confirm?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by frankmu
I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I noticed that CO.com has difficulties with generating seat maps after this schedule change (12 hours after confirming my schedule change, some flights are not available on the seat map). I realize that it's a bit easier than calling united.com after every change, but I wonder if I need to call and confirm?

Wait til Monday. CO usually takes a while to finalize seatmaps.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:25 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Just noticed my itin next weekend went from a SkyWest dba UA flight to a SkyWest DBA CO flight. Same equipment, same flight #, but the change of course messed up several things on the itin. The itin lacked the CO PNR yesterday, but it's there today, and I had to go over to CO.sux and reconfirm seats there.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I just had PIT-DEN switch from an A320 to an Embraer 145 on me. 3.5 hour flight. I'd specifically chosen that time for the mainline plane. Grrr...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:11 pm

Sked Change/Connection Help!!

Hi All, I usually fly AC, but im flying united/CO from YOW-MIA. I need some help with a schedule change notice that i got and tight connection.

Original Schedule:
Aug. 25
YOW-EWR UA4529 (operated by CO) 6:13am - 7:30am
EWR-MIA UA1131 (operated by CO) 09:15am - 12:17pm

Aug. 28
MIA-ORD UA 3536 (UNITED EXPRESS/SHUTTLE AMERICA) 17:50 - 20:13
ORD-YOW UA 5562 (UNITED EXPRESS/SKYWEST AIRLINES) 21:00 - 23:52

New Schedule:
Aug. 25
YOW-EWR UA4529 (operated by CO) 6:13 - 7:30am
EWR-MIA UA1131 (operated by CO) 11:40am - 2:42pm

Aug. 28 - no change...

Alternative for Aug. 25 -
YOW-IAD UA3404 (UNITED XPRESS/TRANS STATES AIRLINES) 6:00am - 7:47
IAD-MIA UA (UNITED EXPRESS/ SHUTTLE AMERICA) 8:35am - 11:14am

only thing is I am concerned with the connection at IAD - less than 50 minutes, and from looking at flightstats.com - the YOW-IAD flight is rarely on time.
Also just noticing that my return flight from MIA-YOW - I only have 48 minutes in ORD, not sure if I'll make that conection!

Any suggestions?

Thanks alot for any help, greatly appreciated
W
Old Feb 13, 2012, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by channa
Wait til Monday. CO usually takes a while to finalize seatmaps.
You're right, it took about 36 hours. Thanks! It's a mixed UA/CO flight, and I can't change seats now (just a matter of moving myself and the kids around). I figure I can wait until after 3/3.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
I would go through IAD for the way down. Even though you'll probably arrive at the A gates and leave out of the C/D, you're more likely to get to relax. If you went through EWR, you would arrive at the A gates and leave out of the C gates. You take a shuttle from A to C (same for IAD) but EWR's is far less reliable than IAD's is. EWR is also in NYC, so expect delays both ways. On the way back, you should be fine in ORD unless your MIA-ORD leg is severly delayed. Happy travels.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, A3 GLD, AC ELT; AA EXP | SPG PLT, PC PLT, Hilton GLD, Hyatt PLT | National EXEC, Hertz 5*
Rebooked into original booking class?

CVG-IAD evening flight was cancelled on Saturdays at least in May. I was automatically rebooked to CVG-ORD-*** and lost significant amount of miles.

Called UA and requested to change it to CVG-ORD-IAD-*** which earned 589 more EQM. It violates the routing rule of the original fare, but the agent/ticketing department had no problem with that for free^ The original booking classs exist on all flights, so I was booked into original booking class.

Question:
What if I find out the schedule change shortly before departure when the original booking class is gone? Will they honor my request to hit IAD without repricing/change fee?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by teddybw
CVG-IAD evening flight was cancelled on Saturdays at least in May. I was automatically rebooked to CVG-ORD-*** and lost significant amount of miles.

Called UA and requested to change it to CVG-ORD-IAD-*** which earned 589 more EQM. It violates the routing rule of the original fare, but the agent/ticketing department had no problem with that for free^ The original booking classs exist on all flights, so I was booked into original booking class.

Question:
What if I find out the schedule change shortly before departure when the original booking class is gone? Will they honor my request to hit IAD without repricing/change fee?
Usually schedule changes go through a month or more before departure, so fare classes should readily available.

That said, however, it has been my experience with CO and UA that they will reroute me on my requested (reasonable) routing, regardless of any fare rules or fare class availibility.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:07 pm

Family member was on a ORD-BOS (5PM - 833PM) which has been removed from the schedule. She was rebooked ORD-IAD-BOS (435PM Depart ORD / 11:34PM Arrive BOS)

She used an e-cert to book the ticket ($160 Fare - $150 E-Cert + $10.80 Tax).

Questions:
1) Does this schedule change give her the eligibility to cancel and get a refund?
2) Will UA re-issue an E-Cert in this situation?

Thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by hellyea
Family member was on a ORD-BOS (5PM - 833PM) which has been removed from the schedule. She was rebooked ORD-IAD-BOS (435PM Depart ORD / 11:34PM Arrive BOS)

She used an e-cert to book the ticket ($160 Fare - $150 E-Cert + $10.80 Tax).

Questions:
1) Does this schedule change give her the eligibility to cancel and get a refund?
2) Will UA re-issue an E-Cert in this situation?

Thanks.
1. Yes. She would arrive three hours later than she was originally scheduled.
2. It is possible, but she will need to fill a complaint.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by teddybw
Question:
As long as it's in the same class of service they should do it no problem. I've done it numerous times. When it's a schedule change messing up an itinerary, I've found that UA is pretty flexible and accomodating.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:36 am

How does UA deal with schedule changes that result in equipment changes (737 --> regional jet) but still get you in within two hours? EWR-ORD 2PM flight on 5/13 has been removed from schedule. Does this give me flexibility to pick a much later flight that's mainline UACO?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.