Will ORD-HNL FINALLY get real C class ?

Old Feb 18, 2012, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Will ORD-HNL FINALLY get real C class ?

With IAH-HNL, IAD-HNL, and EWR-HNL all getting real business class seats, is Chicago still going to stay screwed over with the domestic 777 seats? It is JUST as long a flight as any of the others and from a United hub to a United hub!
Old Feb 18, 2012, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Replacing the high density 777 with the high density 767 would cut nearly 100 seats from the route.

Will 20 1992-era business seats drive enough revenue to replace 36 domestic F seats and 76 Y class seats on both ORD-HNL and HNL-GUM?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by CLTF
With IAH-HNL, IAD-HNL, and EWR-HNL all getting real business class seats, is Chicago still going to stay screwed over with the domestic 777 seats? It is JUST as long a flight as any of the others and from a United hub to a United hub!
It's making money on the ORD-HNL-GUM route so why change? As mduell notes they won't want to lose the 100 seats. I agree with your sentiment that it's a crappy aircraft to be caught on for 8-9 hours but I think it's here to stay.

Originally Posted by mduell
Replacing the high density 777 with the high density 767 would cut nearly 100 seats from the route.

Will 20 1992-era business seats drive enough revenue to replace 36 domestic F seats and 76 Y class seats on both ORD-HNL and HNL-GUM?
To be fair, the OP is probably suggesting more of an international configured aircraft. I think the reality is that the Hawaii market is so price sensitive right now with relatively cheap fares that we won't see a permanent change of aircraft on this route.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If that change happened it would also likely mean no more UDUs on the route. Worth it??
Old Feb 18, 2012, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mh3265a
To be fair, the OP is probably suggesting more of an international configured aircraft. I think the reality is that the Hawaii market is so price sensitive right now with relatively cheap fares that we won't see a permanent change of aircraft on this route.
Oh yea, I can totally see them giving up 80 seats and an international route so they can upgrade the equipment for all the low fares to Hawaii.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA GS
I think the reality is that the Hawaii market is so price sensitive right now with relatively cheap fares that we won't see a permanent change of aircraft on this route.
Fares to the Islands are up considerably over the past year. Lowest fare our of LAX/SFO has been running north of 11 cents per mile versus 8-9 cents per mile in 2010 and first half of 2011.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the reality is that the Hawaii market is so price sensitive right now with relatively cheap fares that we won't see a permanent change of aircraft on this route.
The OP is wondering, if ORD-HNL should get same seats as some other long-haul routes to HI. Are these other routes that different AFA fare level/revenue goes?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: ac *e/ ihg plat ambassador/H-Diamond/M-Gold
Wich routes to Hawaii have the lie flat seat in them?

Thanks

Is it only HNL/EWR that gets theses seats?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 27, 2012 at 10:46 am Reason: two consecutive posts merged
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by blockerca
Is it only HNL/EWR that gets theses seats?
Right now only IAH-HNL is flown with a flatbed aircraft. However that changes next month when the route goes back to the 764. All routes into HNL except NRT-HNL either have domestic F seats or the old BusinessFirst seats, if you get an aircraft mainland-HNL with flatbed seats, then its just pure luck.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by sbm12
If that change happened it would also likely mean no more UDUs on the route. Worth it??
nope
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: UA Plat 1MM
I thought the new IAD-HNL route was to have lie-flat BF.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: UAGLD, HH SILV, IHG PLAT, NAT.EXEC Elite,
april 26th

I was at ord yesterday and ORD-HNL was 777-200er domestic...upgrade list was 46 people...lol
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by Modern 49er
iad-hnl will have the circa 92 BF seats---no lie-flats. This thread isn't talking about iad-hnl. It is talking about ord-hnl
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Nope...at least not initially. The 76H aircraft has the old BF seats, not flats. There has been much speculation that these will become flat in the near future with the other 764s being updated but the company has not (AFAIK) stated one way or the other on that.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Not regularly scheduled. They have the 76H (767 High Density) scheduled for the IAD-HNL route. Only a schedule change would result in the lie-flat aircraft in the near term. Plus, just a generic look across the next few months and I don't see a very high demand for paid C-class on that route.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.