Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New intra-asia complimentary upgrade rules already live?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2012, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold

Based on my observations over the past couple weeks on EUA-eligible intra-asia flights (mostly served by CO 738s), EUAs do not appear to be running during the advance sweeps as it did back late last year. On the preview site for post 3/3, the complimentary premier upgrade page notes that intra-Asia upgrades will not start processing until 24 hours prior to flight. I assumed that the new programming would go into effect in March, but based on my observations of the SIN-HKG/HKG-NRT flights operated on CO 738s, the R seats don't seem to be filling up until day of departure. Furthermore, I am no longer able to pull up the upgrade waitlist for these flights on the flight status page online or on the mobile app. Even on day-of-departure, the upgrade list is not populating as it did for my flights on these sectors back in Nov 2011. Has there been some sort of programming change? Or is EUA just broken for the time being and everything is being processed by the airport?

It's fine if they want to only do upgrades day of departure for these intra-asia sectors, but I'd at least like to see the ability to view the upgrade lists especially since these flights tend to originate from pmUA international stations where GIDs don't exist and many agents still don't know they're eligible for comp upgrades. For example, back in Nov, I encountered multiple pmUA agents at the usually diligent HKG station insist that there are no complimentary upgrades on international flights in Asia. It took 3 calls to various "supervisors" before I could be added to the waitlist manually as my mixed itinerary was out of sync and didn't get added automatically at check-in.

Examples on flights without upgrade list info include UA/CO79/116/117 among others. Can anyone shed any additional info on what's happening on these intra-asia segments?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.