Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Newest Travel Bank program
New UA "Travel Bank" option -- deposit funds and get a bonus

{UA} we’ve decided to discontinue the program as of April 23, 2019.
In particular, the united.com Club
united.com Club

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com Club. If you’re a current member, there are a few things we hope you keep in mind.

Although you’ll no longer be able to renew your membership, you’ll continue to receive the benefits of the united.com Club until your current membership period expires. If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, we’ll credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after you’ve completed your trip.

For more questions about the program, call us at 1-800-UNITED-1.

Check your TravelBank balance

See full united.com Club terms and conditions
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"

United.com club

T&Cs

TravelBank Terms and Conditions

Key limitation -- only for UA/UX operated flights. Tickets with partner flights are not eligible for the use of Travel Bank funds.

Customer Support / missing credits contact: [email protected]
Also [email protected] which is web support.
Direct dial to web/.com support: (800) 396-1751
Note -- you will never get an email response but the credit, if deemed valid, should show-up in a week.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In your email, include:
  • MP account number and name
  • Traveler(s) name, number of traveler if applicable
  • Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
  • Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
  • Flight number, origin/destination, and travel date
5 April 2018 -- UA started posting an "expiration date", appears to be at least 18 months after most recent activity (some are longer for unknown reasons)
also states
Some of your United®TravelBank Cash may expire on a different date than what’s displayed here. Please check your balance details for a complete history of your United®TravelBank Cash transactions and the expiration date for each amount.
Expiration had previously been in the T&Cs for some time (2 years of inactivity? but now is 18 months) and had stated an ETC would be issued if the funds did timeout. Unclear if that still applies.

The Gift Registry has been disabled since Fall 2017 (Sept?) (appears this may be related to a tax issue?)
As of 5 May 2018, it still states
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018.
Around Sept 2018, wording changed to
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details.
To add funds: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Print Wikipost

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Two Bee
Occasionally/approximately one out of every 10/15 trips I need to call them and get credit where credit is due! ...
The email approach on the wiki has worked for me -- takes about a week and have never had to ask twice.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The email approach on the wiki has worked for me -- takes about a week and have never had to ask twice.
Email is the best. In rare occasions, I had to email twice.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by madbrain
Thanks. Unfortunately, United does not have any flights to Vietnam on their own planes, so using UA metal in this case isn't possible. I could potentially use Travelbank to book United flights to another city (like Hong Kong), and then book separate flights from/to Vietnam. May consider that next time.
For now, I booked our flights on Eva using my CSR at 1.5cpp for my ticket, and the miles on Arrival + for my husband.
Way back - May 2017 I took a long weekend to SGN (EWR-NRT-SGN-NRT-EWR) and used @ $600.00 out of my travel bank. NRT-SGN was ANA all other legs were UA.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:38 pm

Site is still down for me, any updates as to when this "maintenance" will be completed?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, etc
Question UA Gift Registry closed?

Has UA permanently ended Gift Registry contributions? Any suggestions for utilizing the Amex $200.00 yearly fee reimbursement moving forward? I have high elite status so don't need $ for luggage, lounge pass, seating etc.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by referencelib
Has UA permanently ended Gift Registry contributions? Any suggestions for utilizing the Amex $200.00 yearly fee reimbursement moving forward? I have high elite status so don't need $ for luggage, lounge pass, seating etc.
How long has it been down for?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by AceReport
How long has it been down for?
At least two weeks for "maintenance". Says you can use funds already deposited but cannot add new funds.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
At least two weeks for "maintenance". Says you can use funds already deposited but cannot add new funds.
Yea I logged in after seeing your post. hadn't checked in a while since I'd already put my Amex "money" in there. I'm in the same boat as you, will have to find a new way to use it otherwise. I was pretty disappointed when they stopped crediting MpX purchases a couple years back. Don't really blame Amex though, it's an expensive feature for the issuer.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by texaggie2007
Site is still down for me, any updates as to when this "maintenance" will be completed?
I've emailed GS and another UA party, no reply. Very inconvenient, has been at least 3 weeks now.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
The bank is still working for getting travel credits, just can't add or renew.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by aacharya
The bank is still working for getting travel credits, just can't add or renew.
Which is the main problem.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:27 am

Things don't sound good for the program based on the discussion in the AMEX forum.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...a-only-16.html
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by windhund
Things don't sound good for the program based on the discussion in the AMEX forum.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...a-only-16.html
It's unlikely they'll cancel the program entirely since rewards for the new Chase United Travelbank card credit into it. My guess is its just offline while they work out the integration with Chase.

Last edited by jashsu; Sep 28, 2017 at 1:24 pm
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:58 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Just burned all balance accumulated (from various CC registry gifts) in my TravelBank account for a trip to DFW for 4 people for thanksgiving:

Purchase summary

2 adults (18-64) $852.08
2 children (5-11) $852.08
Taxes and fees $310.24
Total $2,014.40
Credit card payment: $964.40
United® TravelBank $1,050.00 (MileagePlus numberxxxxxxx)

Smooth easy peasy process
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Just burned all balance accumulated (from various CC registry gifts) in my TravelBank account for a trip to DFW for 4 people for thanksgiving:

Purchase summary

2 adults (18-64) $852.08
2 children (5-11) $852.08
Taxes and fees $310.24
Total $2,014.40
Credit card payment: $964.40
United® TravelBank $1,050.00 (MileagePlus numberxxxxxxx)

Smooth easy peasy process
Good for you. Would love to be able to burn the funds I have waiting to add...
Kalboz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.