Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Newest Travel Bank program
New UA "Travel Bank" option -- deposit funds and get a bonus

{UA} weve decided to discontinue the program as of April 23, 2019.
In particular, the united.com Club
united.com Club

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, weve decided to discontinue the united.com Club. If youre a current member, there are a few things we hope you keep in mind.

Although youll no longer be able to renew your membership, youll continue to receive the benefits of the united.com Club until your current membership period expires. If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, well credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after youve completed your trip.

For more questions about the program, call us at 1-800-UNITED-1.

Check your TravelBank balance

See full united.com Club terms and conditions
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"

United.com club

T&Cs

TravelBank Terms and Conditions

Key limitation -- only for UA/UX operated flights. Tickets with partner flights are not eligible for the use of Travel Bank funds.

Customer Support / missing credits contact: [email protected]
Also [email protected] which is web support.
Direct dial to web/.com support: (800) 396-1751
Note -- you will never get an email response but the credit, if deemed valid, should show-up in a week.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In your email, include:
  • MP account number and name
  • Traveler(s) name, number of traveler if applicable
  • Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
  • Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
  • Flight number, origin/destination, and travel date
5 April 2018 -- UA started posting an "expiration date", appears to be at least 18 months after most recent activity (some are longer for unknown reasons)
also states
Some of your UnitedTravelBank Cash may expire on a different date than whats displayed here. Please check your balance details for a complete history of your UnitedTravelBank Cash transactions and the expiration date for each amount.
Expiration had previously been in the T&Cs for some time (2 years of inactivity? but now is 18 months) and had stated an ETC would be issued if the funds did timeout. Unclear if that still applies.

The Gift Registry has been disabled since Fall 2017 (Sept?) (appears this may be related to a tax issue?)
As of 5 May 2018, it still states
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018.
Around Sept 2018, wording changed to
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details.
To add funds: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Print Wikipost

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are there any bonuses or promotions for signing up? I remember several years ago there were enrollment bonuses. Also, do award flights qualify for the $5?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:38 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I currently have a reservation on hold (via FareLock).

Suppose I go and sign up now for the United.com Club, then later complete the purchase of the held reservation.

Will I earn $5 after travel, or would the fact I put the FareLock on it before signing up for the United.com Club make it ineligible? The T&C are rather vague on that point.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
TravelBank is alive and well and is now rebranded as the United.com club.

Time to move this thread from the Continental to the new combined United thread.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:58 am

I'm gonna join, but not until after the dust settles.
My account is so screwed up right now, I don't know if I'm coming or going!!!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:29 pm

award tickets do not credit the $5, I think the T&C specifically say that award reservations do not qualify. i have never received credit for award travel.

http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/apps...onditions.aspx

as for the FareLock, I am not certain, but I would guess that it's the time of ticketing, so if you sign up for ua.com club during farelock but before the actual purchase you should get credit. it's definitely an arguable point to get retroactive credit if it doesn't post.

also, one pain is split itineraries, you almost always have to email in to request the credit for anyone split off the original PNR. they always credit, but it can take weeks if not months to work your way through customer service.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
I think the site is borked at the moment. It rejects every credit card I put in, even one I just tested a moment ago on another site.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Continental Travelbank is now the United.Com club

While there has been no communication, my Continental TravelBank balance has been renamed by United.com Club balance. However the header for this section of the website still says "TravelBank"

The united.com Club Member Since:
2/27/2007
Membership will expire:
3/4/2013
The united.com Club FAQ
Renew Your united.com Club Membership
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:20 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jnb_tx
award tickets do not credit the $5, I think the T&C specifically say that award reservations do not qualify. i have never received credit for award travel.

http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/apps...onditions.aspx
The T&C say that the TravelBank funds can't be used to pay for the taxes & fees on award tickets, but not that booking an award ticket can't earn the $5 credit... but I suspect you're right in how it will work nonetheless.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Originally Posted by Jorgen
So basically it's a kickback scheme where the airline is helping me to embezzle small amounts of money from my employer?
No, that's MileagePlus.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:26 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I have the credit card through Chase and the money racks up quickly for me.
You get 1% into the account for most purchases on the card and 3% for telecom type purchasees.

for example, I buy tickets for work and many other expensive things on the credit card, then get it expensed (even my cell phone bill which is 3-400 a month usually) and get 1% at least. Some months I've don 10,000 plus on the card and get 100 or more dollars in credit.

Thus I get a nice money dump each month from Chase in the acct.

I love the program.

Caveat: I did have one ticket which I purchased with the funds that had to be cancelled. the refund took 6 weeks to recredit.

Not as bad as a bill-me-later refund I needed that took nearly 3 months but other than that the program has worked great for me.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: All opinions/interpretations expressed here are my own and are not officially sanctioned by UA
You can also use Travel Bank as a "Gift Registry." Say you're a soon-to-be college grad who wants to travel to Paris after graduation. You can have friends and family make deposits into your Travel Bank account to contribute towards your trip as a graduation gift.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
TravelBank is alive and well and is now rebranded as the United.com club.

Time to move this thread from the Continental to the new combined United thread.
Great idea - dne!

Xyzzy
UA forum moderator
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: VAG
Originally Posted by jmr50
No, that's MileagePlus.
No, Mileage Plus lets me embezzle *large* amounts of money.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Travel Bank feature on "new" website?

As I am adjusting to using the new UA website (which is the old CO website) I have noticed a section called "Travel Bank". I have no current balance or available balance. When I click on 'View Balance Details" I see that I do not have any credits in:
Gift Registry
United.com Club, or
Travel Bank Rewards and Credits.
Nor do I have any Debits at all.

There are no buttons for help or further explanation of what all of this is. Is this something that was in the Continental system? ( I rarely had used that site before now). Or is this something new? What is it? Is there some place on the new website that explains it? I cannot find such information.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 13, 2012 at 9:38 am Reason: merged with existing thead
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:58 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/apps...A960E86D5244AF

The united.com Club (formerly called The Travel Club @ continental.com) is your ticket to exclusive savings. Your $25 annual membership fee gets you $5 back on every ticket you purchase at united.com. With so many ways to save time and money at united.com, you'll quickly find value in your membership.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.