FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   "TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1313114-travelbank-united-com-club-gift-registry-q-no-new-renewals-23-apr-2019-a.html)

travfar Feb 11, 2012 8:37 pm

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

I notice that I have money in the travel bank. What can that be used for? I have a vague memory of asking them before and it was nothing useful. I just booked a flight, did I miss an option to use it for that?

snod08 Feb 12, 2012 7:08 am

Originally Posted by travfar (Post 17997695)
I notice that I have money in the travel bank. What can that be used for? I have a vague memory of asking them before and it was nothing useful. I just booked a flight, did I miss an option to use it for that?

yes, when you book a flight, there is an option (above the credit card option) to use money from travelbank.

nycboy Feb 12, 2012 10:38 am

This was a failed attempt by CO to establish a travel bank. The failure was in the CO that it charged for this "Privilege". It would it be great if CO would collect all unused certificates in this travel bank.

WineCountryUA Feb 12, 2012 1:56 pm

from the new PSS site

The united.com Club (formerly called The Travel Club @ continental.com) is your ticket to exclusive savings. Your $25 annual membership fee gets you $5 back on every ticket you purchase at united.com. With so many ways to save time and money at united.com, you'll quickly find value in your membership.

The $5 credit will be added to your TravelBank after travel has been completed. These funds can then be used to purchase travel to anywhere United or United Express flies.
united.com Club terms and conditions
TravelBank Terms and Conditions
united.com Club frequently asked questions

travfar Feb 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 17999292)
yes, when you book a flight, there is an option (above the credit card option) to use money from travelbank.

Man, missed it. Gonna call to see if I can retroactively apply.

star_world Feb 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by nycboy (Post 18000272)
This was a failed attempt by CO to establish a travel bank. The failure was in the CO that it charged for this "Privilege". It would it be great if CO would collect all unused certificates in this travel bank.

If you book more than 5 one-way trips per year (not just for yourself, for anyone) then this is far from a failed attempt at anything. I've collected hundreds of dollars in this account - at $5 per ticket it adds up quickly. I've normally recovered the $25 annual fee sometime in mid January and I'm ahead after that.

Agree that it has the potential to be used for a lot more - looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

star_world Feb 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by travfar (Post 18001398)
Man, missed it. Gonna call to see if I can retroactively apply.

If it's inside 24hrs just cancel and book again. Unlikely that they can alter the payment if the booking has already been ticketed.

vsevolod4 Feb 29, 2012 9:47 pm

TravelBank ... alive or dead?

My TravelBank membership renewed automatically on 27 February, so I was charged $25 for this service for the next 12 months. It's a great deal as long as you book 6 tickets on continental.com

However with all the changes does this mean that I'll still be able to earn the $5 per ticket on the new site?

There's been absolutely no information posted about this program being discontinued, so I'd presume it is alive and well and will continue on the new united.com

Otherwise if United charged me $25 then this would have been quite bad form.

Any news?

WineCountryUA Feb 29, 2012 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by vsevolod4 (Post 18108114)
.... Any news?

alive if you beleive the pss site
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ravelbank.html

scorp Mar 1, 2012 6:45 am

Is it available now or after the new site come up on march 3.

IS it worth to join

star_world Mar 1, 2012 7:10 am

Originally Posted by scorp (Post 18109657)
Is it available now or after the new site come up on march 3.

IS it worth to join

No idea yet what this will look like going forwards.

As for whether it's worth it - see my post above. If you book 5 tickets (one way counts, as does round trip) then you will break even. Anything above that will earn you $5 per ticket.

HawkeyeFlyer Mar 3, 2012 3:56 pm

What is the "Travel Bank"

Is see "Travel Bank" as a new item on my account. It has a zero balance. What is this?

infomark Mar 3, 2012 4:30 pm

its a club for a $25 fee you earn a $5.00 credit every time you book a ticket on Con.......er, United.com

Doug51 Mar 3, 2012 4:33 pm

Basically free money (after 5 bookings). Adds up quick if you fly a lot.

VTHokieFlyer Mar 3, 2012 5:35 pm

So let's say I book a ticket for my brother and I to fly to SFO from JFK, would I get $5 or $10?