Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Newest Travel Bank program
New UA "Travel Bank" option -- deposit funds and get a bonus

{UA} we’ve decided to discontinue the program as of April 23, 2019.
In particular, the united.com Club
united.com Club

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com Club. If you’re a current member, there are a few things we hope you keep in mind.

Although you’ll no longer be able to renew your membership, you’ll continue to receive the benefits of the united.com Club until your current membership period expires. If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, we’ll credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after you’ve completed your trip.

For more questions about the program, call us at 1-800-UNITED-1.

Check your TravelBank balance

See full united.com Club terms and conditions
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"

United.com club

T&Cs

TravelBank Terms and Conditions

Key limitation -- only for UA/UX operated flights. Tickets with partner flights are not eligible for the use of Travel Bank funds.

Customer Support / missing credits contact: [email protected]
Also [email protected] which is web support.
Direct dial to web/.com support: (800) 396-1751
Note -- you will never get an email response but the credit, if deemed valid, should show-up in a week.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In your email, include:
  • MP account number and name
  • Traveler(s) name, number of traveler if applicable
  • Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
  • Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
  • Flight number, origin/destination, and travel date
5 April 2018 -- UA started posting an "expiration date", appears to be at least 18 months after most recent activity (some are longer for unknown reasons)
also states
Some of your United®TravelBank Cash may expire on a different date than what’s displayed here. Please check your balance details for a complete history of your United®TravelBank Cash transactions and the expiration date for each amount.
Expiration had previously been in the T&Cs for some time (2 years of inactivity? but now is 18 months) and had stated an ETC would be issued if the funds did timeout. Unclear if that still applies.

The Gift Registry has been disabled since Fall 2017 (Sept?) (appears this may be related to a tax issue?)
As of 5 May 2018, it still states
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018.
Around Sept 2018, wording changed to
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details.
To add funds: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Print Wikipost

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Is it me or a known problem that when PNRs get split for upgrades one doesn't get the credit without manual intervention?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by drewguy
Is it me or a known problem that when PNRs get split for upgrades one doesn't get the credit without manual intervention?
pretty much consistent now.

IME, I heard about the issue on here, though I swear even my split itineraries were crediting properly for about a year after. Low and behold, I started getting credit only for a single ticket at some point. Which reminds me that I need to write in about my last credit, which was for 1 instead of 3 (yeah, that split thing).
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Just got off the phone with united.com support, you can no longer renew your united.com Club membership. Once your membership expires, you cannot earn a $5 credit per ticket purchased on united.com.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Just got off the phone with united.com support, you can no longer renew your united.com Club membership. Once your membership expires, you cannot earn a $5 credit per ticket purchased on united.com.
?!?!

Was there an issue with it that caused you to call in?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

?!?!

Was there an issue with it that caused you to call in?
No where to pay $25 annual fee.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
This thread caused me to log in to find my expiry date. I can't find it. I do have it set up for autorenew ... I guess that's not going to happen nw...
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC

Travel bank must have been too taxing for UA's IT systems/infrastructure.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 11, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I asked UA on Twitter and they stated they don’t have any information about it being discontinued. I, too, don’t see the renewal option, though it appears mine won’t expire until Oct, 2020.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
This thread caused me to log in to find my expiry date. I can't find it. I do have it set up for autorenew ... I guess that's not going to happen nw...
Scroll down to

Travel Products

There is no account activity for the selected month

Debits

Gift Registry Contribution from

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I asked UA on Twitter and they stated they don’t have any information about it being discontinued. I, too, don’t see the renewal option, though it appears mine won’t expire until Oct, 2020.

Perhaps you meant your available balance, not your membership.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
I clicked on "View Account" from homepage (full site) and it was there at the top, along with mileage balance, etc.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by lindaiah
I clicked on "View Account" from homepage (full site) and it was there at the top, along with mileage balance, etc.
I can also see my Travel Bank balance.

What I am referring to is paying $25 annual fee, which is no longer available. After your current membership expires, you will no longer earn $5 credit for each ticket purchased on united.com.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
I can also see my Travel Bank balance.

What I am referring to is paying $25 annual fee, which is no longer available. After your current membership expires, you will no longer earn $5 credit for each ticket purchased on united.com.
i have the TravelBank Chase card so I no longer pay the annual $25, so I’m hoping I can keep earning.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by swiftaw

i have the TravelBank Chase card so I no longer pay the annual $25, so I’m hoping I can keep earning.
That would be nice. Please do keep us posted.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Thanks to ne of the posts above I found the link I was looking for and I see the option to pay $25. It has my join and expiry dates -- and offers to take $25, which will presumably extend my membership (which expires in August 2018) for another year.

ETA: I pressed the button and paid $25 ... and I find that my join date and my expiry date are no longer displayed! And contrary to what is stated by others above, I can't see anywhere now where the Club expiry date is show. I can see my balance in all sorts of places, but not my expiry date.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Jan 11, 2019 at 7:53 pm
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Thanks to ne of the posts above I found the link I was looking for and I see the option to pay $25. It has my join and expiry dates -- and offers to take $25, which will presumably extend my membership (which expires in August 2018) for another year.

ETA: I pressed the button and paid $25 ... and I find that my join date and my expiry date are no longer displayed! And contrary to what is stated by others above, I can't see anywhere now where the Club expiry date is show. I can see my balance in all sorts of places, but not my expiry date.
But at least you KNOW that your club expiry date is 12/31/99!
Xyzzy likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.